British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 22 June

Plymouth very, very unlucky tonight. Poole made very hard work of grabbing a draw against a 5 man team, at least after heat 6 anyway. Plymouth would’ve won with Palm Toft by a good 4-6 pts if it wasn’t for his crash. Fingers crossed he’s only got away with concussion (as per Mark Phillips when interviewed).

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Doners123 said:

Lawson nearly shove Alfie in the fence in the same place, dangerous ! 

Speedway is a tough game,you see that at nearly every meeting.Some riders just don’t read the situation well.

So Lawson finishes with 11+1    + 1  definitely taken out + 1 more nearly taken out 

Great speedway,but the commentator was an absolute prick not once did he mention  that Plymouth had only 5 riders and what a tremendous effort they put in i know commentary can be a bit biased but he was taking the p*ss

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

Gutted let’s here the Poole excuses starting now .....

I can tell you there no excuses you would have got all four points if Palm toff had not had to withdraw from the meeting

• Like 5

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

So Lawson finishes with 11+1    + 1  definitely taken out + 1 more nearly taken out 

What does that say in English? Not even joking!

Just now, ray c said:

I can tell you there no excuses you would have got all four points if Palm toff had not had to withdraw from the meeting

I think you're right mate,glad some Poole fans are fair :t:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Great speedway,but the commentator was an absolute prick not once did he mention  that Plymouth had only 5 riders and what a tremendous effort they put in i know commentary can be a bit biased but he was taking the p*ss

All streams are biased! You just have to take it a bit I'm afraid. Better than having no stream! I found the Plymouth one biased but I didn't moan about it. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Gutted let’s here the Poole excuses starting now .....

Excuses about what? How we managed to get a draw I'll never know. I only have one issue and that was with H8. I know it is the refs discretion, but with Alfie jumping the start and Poole gating on a 5-1, why couldn't the ref just let it go. He penalised himself. But no we get a restart and Alfie wins! Typical! 

But apart from that Plymouth gated better and just knew where to ride. Some really good racing tonight. Track was okay considering like 27 degrees today! 

Hope MPT is okay, looked like a nasty one. Shame camera wasn't closer to the pits as didn't he have words with Lawson when he left to get changed.

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What does that say in English? Not even joking!

11+1 points scored in meeting 

+1  taken out Palm Toft  +1 nearly taken out Bowtell 

Is that in plain english for you !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

11+1 points scored in meeting 

+1  taken out Palm Toft  +1 nearly taken out Bowtell 

Is that in plain english for you !!

Yeah thanks! lol 

Plymouth favs for top 2 after tonight's results? Don't see us taking much from our trips to Plymouth or Poole 

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Plymouth favs for top 2 after tonight's results? Don't see us taking much from our trips to Plymouth or Poole 

Really? We are struggling at home atm and you think Glasgow  won't get much with Basso,Hume and no1 at Poole Nicol in your team! I'm hoping Broc is in 1-5 in July!