British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 22 June

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Really? We are struggling at home atm and you think Glasgow  won't get much with Basso,Hume and no1 at Poole Nicol in your team! I'm hoping Broc is in 1-5 in July! 

We're so inconsistent away from home. I wouldn't be confident in us beating anyone. Frustratingly inconsistent. Maybe danyon and Ben could get us over the line.

I think danyon more likely to move up in July 

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

We're so inconsistent away from home. I wouldn't be confident in us beating anyone. Frustratingly inconsistent. Maybe danyon and Ben could get us over the line.

I think danyon more likely to move up in July 

That's not good, need Broc up there. Can you just put him at no2 anyway? Thanks. ;)

• Haha 1

had good view of lawson taking out palm toft was a disgusting move,well done to gary may best manager in the league

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

Gutted let’s here the Poole excuses starting now .....

100% Plymouth would have one that if Palm Toft hadn't withdrawn, that draw feels like a win for us pirates 

Well that went on a bit!!!! Well done to Plymouth and Leicester. Definitely would have won if MPT hadn't withdrawn. No excuses but the track was so slick and dusty. Danny King made the wrong choice of gates 1 and 3 in heat 1. Anyway onwards and upwards.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

So Lawson finishes with 11+1    + 1  definitely taken out + 1 more nearly taken out 

You were there, were you?

1 hour ago, kopite92 said:

Plymouth very, very unlucky tonight. Poole made very hard work of grabbing a draw against a 5 man team, at least after heat 6 anyway. Plymouth would’ve won with Palm Toft by a good 4-6 pts if it wasn’t for his crash. Fingers crossed he’s only got away with concussion (as per Mark Phillips when interviewed).

Concussion is not a minor matter. Especially with someone who's already suffered one no so long ago

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Excuses about what? How we managed to get a draw I'll never know. I only have one issue and that was with H8. I know it is the refs discretion, but with Alfie jumping the start and Poole gating on a 5-1, why couldn't the ref just let it go. He penalised himself. But no we get a restart and Alfie wins! Typical! 

But apart from that Plymouth gated better and just knew where to ride. Some really good racing tonight. Track was okay considering like 27 degrees today! 

Hope MPT is okay, looked like a nasty one. Shame camera wasn't closer to the pits as didn't he have words with Lawson when he left to get changed.

So where do we start with plymouths bad luck…..

barker 2 nights before the meeting getting injured 

Lawson fencing MPT

Lawson nearly fencing Bowtell

The 5-1 in heat 14

come on let’s be real here your boys would have taken one helluva beating today had they not took out MPT. 

Look at little old Plymouth competing with the “big boys” 

and with the commentary team plus others moaning about the fact we use Guests for our number one ………Which funnily enough we had lined up before last season even finished…….. who was that and who poached riders….. shall we go there with cook as well or ……….

Mm terrible luck to loose Barker and have him replaced by a guy who could only score paid 17 :rolleyes:

Still  a good performance by Glads and sounds like they have good cause to feel aggreived.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Mm terrible luck to loose Barker and have him replaced by a guy who could only score paid 17 :rolleyes:

Still  a good performance by Glads and sounds like they have good cause to feel aggreived.

Howarth would have been guesting for Kennett had barker not been injured so we could have had barkers points aswell, duh!

• Like 1

I’m glad there are some honest Poole fans out there who are saying what Lawson did was disgusting and being honest to admit they would have lost,but let’s hope there is no moaning from mr Lawson if retribution happens very soon at our place.

54 minutes ago, lewy said:

Howarth would have been guesting for Kennett had barker not been injured so we could have had barkers points aswell, duh!

Lewy it's not hard to see that, some people need to engage there brain, before they put a comment up like that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

just think it could have been a 60  30 if barker was riding :t:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

just think it could have been a 60  30 if barker was riding :t:

Lol!! Barker is going to do a swing of 15 on top of what r/r got is he? Don't be daft!