Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 22 June

Could someone check on Shovlar, a bit concerned about him he's gone awol:D

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, lewy said:

Could someone check on Shovlar, a bit concerned about him he's gone awol:D

not there last night watching elton john somewhere 

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol!! Barker is going to do a swing of 15 on top of what r/r got is he? Don't be daft! 

all ifs and butts if palm was not injured who knows what the score would have been :cheers: 

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

not there last night watching elton john somewhere 

Isn't that why you got the restraining order?! :D

I don’t know how Poole fans feel but the team does seem to be a unbalanced unit.They were very unfortunate on losing the very promising Basso but for me there biggest mistake was not retaining Hume.Now Glasgow are reaping the benefit of Hume’s year at Poole  going back to the team things could still turn they have some very good riders maybe a spark from something will change things.

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Poole in cheating scandal.....Who knew.

Can always rely on old Trackprat to post utter nonsense.  Well done son, you've surpassed yourself on this occasion :t:

And fair play to the Gladiators, had us on the ropes most of the meeting.  It's also great to see Drew back on form, but I must say the Cook bros. are beginning to be a bit of a concern...

Prediction.....Poole to lower their overall team average in time for the Play-Offs and then sign a stronger reserve to replace Ablitt ???

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Can always rely on old Trackprat to post utter nonsense.  Well done son, you've surpassed yourself on this occasion :t:

And fair play to the Gladiators, had us on the ropes most of the meeting.  It's also great to see Drew back on form, but I must say the Cook bros. are beginning to be a bit of a concern...

Can always rely on you to bite & call names. :D

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Prediction.....Poole to lower their overall team average in time for the Play-Offs and then sign a stronger reserve to replace Ablitt ???

At 2.5 points over they will struggle to achieve that.

10 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Does the gating tart have to knock them off to pass?

The gating tart as you call him had already passed Howarth in the race he took out MPT and in a later race passed Hans so that doesn't sound like he has to knock off anyone to pass. He didn't knock off Bowtell. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Does the gating tart have to knock them off to pass?

Another clueless post(er).  Lawson made a number of clean passes.  However, hard racing often leads to sticky end and it was very unfortunate that on this occasion it was for MPT.

This is Lawson's version of things (extract taken from article on www.poole-speedway.com):

"I haven't actually seen the replay of the incident but after turn three he (Palm-Toft) took a glance and I felt like he had seen me and knew where I was going. And I wasn't going to take him straight to the fence but he ran a bit out wide and mistimed the dirt and he got out of control. I feel like there was no contact but I can't be certain of that but if there was it was while he was out of control, so for me I believe I was wrongly disqualified and I just wish the referee would have taken a look at the replay before he made his decision but he wouldn't and that just really wound me up and I was determined to get my own back in any way I could."

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The gating tart as you call him had already passed Howarth in the race he took out MPT and in a later race passed Hans so that doesn't sound like he has to knock off anyone to pass. He didn't knock off Bowtell. 

bowtell could have easily gone  down and lawson would have been excluded

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Another clueless post(er).  Lawson made a number of clean passes.  However, hard racing often leads to sticky end and it was very unfortunate that on this occasion it was for MPT.

This is Lawson's version of things (extract taken from article on www.poole-speedway.com):

"I haven't actually seen the replay of the incident but after turn three he (Palm-Toft) took a glance and I felt like he had seen me and knew where I was going. And I wasn't going to take him straight to the fence but he ran a bit out wide and mistimed the dirt and he got out of control. I feel like there was no contact but I can't be certain of that but if there was it was while he was out of control, so for me I believe I was wrongly disqualified and I just wish the referee would have taken a look at the replay before he made his decision but he wouldn't and that just really wound me up and I was determined to get my own back in any way I could."

Not sure about the "clueless" part but as excuses goes it wasnt my fault gunvnor,just a shame the ref felt otherwise!