British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 22 June

I was determined to get my own back in any way I could that says it all . Lewy is right some Poole posters are distinctly absent from the forum at the moment .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I was determined to get my own back in any way I could that says it all . Lewy is right some Poole posters are distinctly absent from the forum at the moment .

if you read the  posts properly you know why steve was not there:t:

31 minutes ago, ray c said:

bowtell could have easily gone  down and lawson would have been excluded

Depending how the referee saw it, did Lawson touch him or did Bowtell just lose control for a split second. 

9 hours ago, Doners123 said:

So where do we start with plymouths bad luck…..

barker 2 nights before the meeting getting injured 

Lawson fencing MPT

Lawson nearly fencing Bowtell

The 5-1 in heat 14

come on let’s be real here your boys would have taken one helluva beating today had they not took out MPT. 

Look at little old Plymouth competing with the “big boys” 

and with the commentary team plus others moaning about the fact we use Guests for our number one ………Which funnily enough we had lined up before last season even finished…….. who was that and who poached riders….. shall we go there with cook as well or ……….

Not to mention Plymouth using Howarth as a guest for Barker instead of Kennet, who they have been using a guest for all season, so Howarth could take the r/r ride, if Poole had pulled that stunt this thread would have been all about poole cheating 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Doners123 said:

So where do we start with plymouths bad luck…..

barker 2 nights before the meeting getting injured 

Lawson fencing MPT

Lawson nearly fencing Bowtell

The 5-1 in heat 14

come on let’s be real here your boys would have taken one helluva beating today had they not took out MPT. 

Look at little old Plymouth competing with the “big boys” 

and with the commentary team plus others moaning about the fact we use Guests for our number one ………Which funnily enough we had lined up before last season even finished…….. who was that and who poached riders….. shall we go there with cook as well or ……….

After his guest appearances last season, Cook was only riding for one club this season 

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

After his guest appearances last season, Cook was only riding for one club this season 

You can keep him:t:

14 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Not to mention Plymouth using Howarth as a guest for Barker instead of Kennet, who they have been using a guest for all season, so Howarth could take the r/r ride, if Poole had pulled that stunt this thread would have been all about poole cheating 

Cheating is breaking the law or gtting someone to change a law for the benefit of some not all!

What Gary May did in declaring Howarth to replace Barker and not Kennett was completley within the Rules of the Sport and had any Team Manager not spotted that option then frankly they shouldn't be Team Managing.

Maybe Poole fans are too used to see their Team hammering the opposition and when they don't hammer the opposition having the parallel univese write up from Shovlar to ease their worries, a bit like the worst of the Daily Mail.

Having watched the stream as a complete neutral, I felt that Lawson was dangerous in fencing MPT (in fairness unusual for Lawson), hard on Bowtell and Bowtell could have sandbagged and got lawson excluded (so credit to Bowtell0 ; and the Heat 14 verdict on the line is unforgivable really.

Poole will probably strengthen before the play offs and injuries and lack of suitable replacements will ultimately hinder Plymouth but certainly last night lady luck smiled on Poole and hit Plymouth right in the goolies! 

Edited by HGould
spelling
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

If I've read it right he meant after is exclusion, and therefore winning the final race to get a draw.

It would be good to see a video clip of the incident as most people agree that Richard Lawson isn't that type of rider at all.

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

It's not a stunt though is it, its perfectly within the rules  :blink:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If I've read it right he meant after is exclusion, and therefore winning the final race to get a draw.

It would be good to see a video clip of the incident as most people agree that Richard Lawson isn't that type of rider at all.

Arthur is not the sharpest tool in the bag:rofl:

35 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

To be fair Palm toff did try to stay on his bike.the he clipped the air fence i also believe Richard is not a dirty rider

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Prediction.....Poole to lower their overall team average in time for the Play-Offs and then sign a stronger reserve to replace Ablitt ???

I wondered when that one would come out 

54 minutes ago, lewy said:

Arthur is not the sharpest tool in the bag:rofl:

Just saying if Poole and done it, we would have been accused of cheating 

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Not sure about the "clueless" part but as excuses goes it wasnt my fault gunvnor,just a shame the ref felt otherwise!

Two things;

1) You called Lawson a gating tart which is something he most definately isn't and never has been and

2) You inferred Lawson cannot pass without knocking other riders off, something he proved he could do a number of other times during the same meeting.

Sorry, but in my eyes the above unfortunately proves your post was 'clueless'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

I think you'll find he meant riding like he did in heat 15!  Dear oh dear....

• Like 1