British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 22 June

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

He's not known as Dickie The Gater to my friends and me because of his prowess at passing the opposition 

Poole obviously suits him better than many other tracks then.

• Haha 1

I knew the minute that MPT hit the deck and Elton John was probably singing I’m still Standing that Steve would clear Lawson of all blame 

36 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

Poole obviously suits him better than many other tracks then.

He is a former moto x rider so yeah probably!!! 

imagine arguing that Lawson isn't a gating tart!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There’s a few Teams would like to sign a gating tart as good as Lawson though.

No arguments there but to argue he isnt one is idiotic at best 

24 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Just watched the stream again , well done Alfie on your heat 14 win . Top man !

Apart from the fact he came third! Unlucky lol. He should have stayed low on the inside to block Drew and Ben. 

PIRATES charger Richard Lawson felt he was “wrongly disqualified” after being excluded following a frightening crash involving Plymouth’s Michael Palm Toft on Wednesday.

An ambulance was called on track during the 45-45 draw between the sides at Wimborne Road after Dane Palm Toft’s bike had reared up on bend four during heat seven, while he and Lawson were battling for the lead.

Lawson had already passed Kyle Howarth during the heat and attempted to dive under Palm Toft, before the Dane took out two panels of air fence while being flung up into the air.

Thankfully, Palm Toft was able to walk away from the nasty spill. He was withdrawn from the meeting with a suspected shoulder injury.

Giving his take on the incident, Lawson told Pirates’ website: “I haven't actually seen the replay of the incident but after turn three he (Palm Toft) took a glance and I felt like he had seen me and knew where I was going.

“And I wasn't going to take him straight to the fence but he ran a bit out wide and mistimed the dirt and he got out of control.

“I feel like there was no contact. I can't be certain of that but, if there was, it was while he was out of control.

“So, for me I believe I was wrongly disqualified and I just wish the referee would have taken a look at the replay before he made his decision.”

Speaking on the centre green post-meeting, Whitehaven-born Lawson added: “Obviously I am not trying to take people out and I don’t want to see anybody injured but he (Palm Toft) is not very happy. His wife’s not very happy.

“But that’s speedway.”

(Taken from today's Bournemouth Echo)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

PIRATES charger Richard Lawson felt he was “wrongly disqualified” after being excluded following a frightening crash involving Plymouth’s Michael Palm Toft on Wednesday.

An ambulance was called on track during the 45-45 draw between the sides at Wimborne Road after Dane Palm Toft’s bike had reared up on bend four during heat seven, while he and Lawson were battling for the lead.

Lawson had already passed Kyle Howarth during the heat and attempted to dive under Palm Toft, before the Dane took out two panels of air fence while being flung up into the air.

Thankfully, Palm Toft was able to walk away from the nasty spill. He was withdrawn from the meeting with a suspected shoulder injury.

Giving his take on the incident, Lawson told Pirates’ website: “I haven't actually seen the replay of the incident but after turn three he (Palm Toft) took a glance and I felt like he had seen me and knew where I was going.

“And I wasn't going to take him straight to the fence but he ran a bit out wide and mistimed the dirt and he got out of control.

“I feel like there was no contact. I can't be certain of that but, if there was, it was while he was out of control.

“So, for me I believe I was wrongly disqualified and I just wish the referee would have taken a look at the replay before he made his decision.”

Speaking on the centre green post-meeting, Whitehaven-born Lawson added: “Obviously I am not trying to take people out and I don’t want to see anybody injured but he (Palm Toft) is not very happy. His wife’s not very happy.

“But that’s speedway.”

(Taken from today's Bournemouth Echo)

Lawson is hardly going to admit he took mpt out is he ,but I seem to recall he was less than happy when a similar incident occurred earlier this season when he finished in the fence  but obviously as our track isn't as fast as Wimborne Road the impact with the fence was alot less. As they say that's speedway :t:. Massive dent to the pirates ego though not being able to beat a depleted gladiators team are we becoming the noisy neighbours, no not really we're just making up the numbers :D. imagine if gilkes and barker was fit!!!!

6 minutes ago, lewy said:

Lawson is hardly going to admit he took mpt out is he ,but I seem to recall he was less than happy when a similar incident occurred earlier this season when he finished in the fence  but obviously as our track isn't as fast as Wimborne Road the impact with the fence was alot less. As they say that's speedway :t:. Massive dent to the pirates ego though not being able to beat a depleted gladiators team are we becoming the noisy neighbours, no not really we're just making up the numbers :D. imagine if gilkes and barker was fit!!!!

If I remember correctly, Gilkes struggled at Poole last time? Which was surprising as he was on really good form at the time. I'll let you have the Barker one though as normally he is good at Poole.

17 minutes ago, lewy said:

. imagine if gilkes and barker was fit!!!!

Howarth got 17.............think that may have helped a tad.

Edited by justathought

33 minutes ago, justathought said:

Howarth got 17.............think that may have helped a tad.

Howarth could still be a guest for Kennett 

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If I remember correctly, Gilkes struggled at Poole last time? Which was surprising as he was on really good form at the time. I'll let you have the Barker one though as normally he is good at Poole.

All the Plymouth team struggled at Poole last time tbh,anyway where just mere minnows compared to the mighty Poole pirates no expectation here just hope :D

Just now, justathought said:

Point being ?

Point being we could have had howarth scoring heavily as a guest  for Kennett, plus whatever Barker and gilkes may have contributed, however all hypothetical time to move on i think!:t: