British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 22 June

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

Point being we could have had howarth scoring heavily as a guest  for Kennett, plus whatever Barker and gilkes may have contributed, however all hypothetical time to move on i think!:t:

You can do what ever you like. All I'm saying is Howarth scored 17. Which obviously helped. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lewy said:

imagine if gilkes and barker was fit!!!!

Imagine if Kennett was fit too. :D 

Edited by daz9100
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Imagine if Kennett was fit too. :D 

Yeah he's good around Wimborne Road. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, lewy said:

Yeah he's good around Wimborne Road. 

...but not so good at the Coliseum.........!!:party:

• Sad 1

On 6/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, lewy said:

All the Plymouth team struggled at Poole last time tbh,anyway where just mere minnows compared to the mighty Poole pirates no expectation here just hope :D

Haha. You are one of the form teams, but no expectation? Yeah okay then ;)

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf anyone who is good at Eastbourne, will be good at Plymouth. 

Size isn't everything lol

I'd say Eastbourne is like Monmore, very tricky and not a natural shape big home track advantage. I don't really enjoy visits to either. Turns too tight especially first turns at both. 

Plymouth is actually a lovely shape and flows much better, it's like a very small Somerset. 

If they could just widen and round off the straights at Plymouth by a few metres it would be a cracking shape. 

The closeness to the track for spectators at Plymouth is a great experience. No dog track. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

I'd say Eastbourne is like Monmore, very tricky and not a natural shape big home track advantage. I don't really enjoy visits to either. Turns too tight especially first turns at both. 

Plymouth is actually a lovely shape and flows much better, it's like a very small Somerset. 

If they could just widen and round off the straights at Plymouth by a few metres it would be a cracking shape. 

The closeness to the track for spectators at Plymouth is a great experience. No dog track. 

Don't let David Norris hear you say that. He used give speeches on Sky on how they are so different! 

23 minutes ago, HGould said:

I would say Eastbourne is completely different to Monmore, both small but you get better racing at Monmore, well you used to when track was prepared well. I keep telling the wife size isn't everything!

• Haha 1

Eastbourne is an awful track IMO, far too tight and narrow. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I would say Eastbourne is completely different to Monmore, both small but you get better racing at Monmore, well you used to when track was prepared well. I keep telling the wife size isn't everything!

52 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Eastbourne is an awful track IMO, far too tight and narrow. 

Used to get great racing in the past at both tracks even though tight. Track prep at both was fantastic and the riders skill level back the days of Elite league was so superior to now, don't remember Crump, Pedersen(s) Peter Karlson, Mark Loram,  plus many others having difficulty providing good races on both. Current day bikes have been a big factor as well only right for big wide open tracks really, seemed to get dramatically worse when the silencers were brought in.

31 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Used to get great racing in the past at both tracks even though tight. Track prep at both was fantastic and the riders skill level back the days of Elite league was so superior to now, don't remember Crump, Pedersen(s) Peter Karlson, Mark Loram,  plus many others having difficulty providing good races on both. Current day bikes have been a big factor as well only right for big wide open tracks really, seemed to get dramatically worse when the silencers were brought in.

Top riders can ride any track but Eastbourne certainly took more getting used to than most, Lakeside or Arena Essex as it was called,was small but it was a track that you got good racing on and was also usually well prepared.

Did Alfie win that? Very close! In real time I thought Drew definitely got it. But have tried to pause it when they are going across the line and looks like Alfie got it? But the camera angle is behind the line and slightly looking at a 30/45 degree angle to the finish line and guessing ref is in line with the start/finish line?

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Did Alfie win that? Very close! In real time I thought Drew definitely got it. But have tried to pause it when they are going across the line and looks like Alfie got it? But the camera angle is behind the line and slightly looking at a 30/45 degree angle to the finish line and guessing ref is in line with the start/finish line?

No ref is a couple of metres past start/finish line so looking back at it

• Thanks 1