British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Wolves v Belle Vue 20 June 2022

16 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I wonder if they would have still said he's ill if BV had another meeting. Prob be an injury..? Don't blame anyone for doing that as I don't like this being banned for 7 days cos you're ill rule! 

It was introduced to stop riders from picking and choosing when they rode.

7 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Everytime I have seen Brennan  I have been reasonably impressed , so why is he still at reserve?

Because his average currently was 4.52 which is lower then Etheridge at 5.32.

wehrer that changes for July we’ll have to see.

I’m not one to moan about the wolves track. As I use to love going there but I’m starting to think about not going to the next leg. 

why make that inside so grippy that all riders are fighting for that one piece of track. In most races the guy in front was locking up to hit the inside of bend 2, therefor blocking the guy behind. Even if it was there team mate. 
I know doc is not there anymore but they could do with getting some advice from him because that man could make the wolves track great. 

mom relatively happy with that. I’d guess Kurtz would score more than rr meaning we get a point. And if that was a 2 legged tie we would be happy. 

Jye is a worry away from nss, less so blodorn as he as time on his side. 

that’s the best frickes rode wolves but with it being a haters track it suited him. 

Zagar had a bad day start to finish. Brennan and wright always in the thick of it. 

masters worrall and Becker were good for wolves while kemp probably had his best score around wolves. 

31 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

I’m not one to moan about the wolves track. As I use to love going there but I’m starting to think about not going to the next leg. 

why make that inside so grippy that all riders are fighting for that one piece of track. In most races the guy in front was locking up to hit the inside of bend 2, therefor blocking the guy behind. Even if it was there team mate. 
I know doc is not there anymore but they could do with getting some advice from him because that man could make the wolves track great. 

mom relatively happy with that. I’d guess Kurtz would score more than rr meaning we get a point. And if that was a 2 legged tie we would be happy. 

that’s the best frickes rode wolves but with it being a haters track it suited him. 

Zagar had a bad day start to finish. Brennan and wright always in the thick of it. 

masters worrall and Becker were good for wolves while kemp probably had his best score around wolves. 

It can only be home for hone advantage, Wolves aren't the first track to do it but its a downward spiral the day the track is prepared for home riders and not entertainment. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

It can only be home for hone advantage, Wolves aren't the first track to do it but its a downward spiral the day the track is prepared for home riders and not entertainment. 

Spot on...

And all to help try and win competitions hardly anyone values (given the structure of the competitions), over the entertainment level they want to see every time they visit..

What a strategy....:D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Won over 2 legs ? You're living in the past with regard to the bonus point, which doesn't exist anymore. Here's a further update, there is no such thing as a draw either now.

Will agree though, there was very little passing, which is why Fricke got his high score early on as he was gating. Tailed off when he didn't.On the positive side, I enjoyed watching him, with an exciting style. A credit to the Aces, which Zagar wasn't.

For the Wolves poor performances from Douglas and Morris, with Becker not being top notch either.

Everytime I have seen Brennan  I have been reasonably impressed , so why is he still at reserve?

That would be the Becker who was chosen for heat 15, would it? I'll take 9 from 5 as not being top notch every day of the week.

3 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

I'll think you'll find Phil,the Doc was there when the track was at it's best in the 80s/90s early 00,s and it then varied in length during that time between 329 yards and 306 yards.The racing or the track,hasn't been anywhere near as good since it changed to the smaller shape of 288 yards.         But I do admit, the present track prep leaves a lot to be desired. 

50 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

I'll think you'll find Phil,the Doc was there when the track was at it's best in the 80s/90s early 00,s and it then varied in length during that time between 329 yards and 306 yards.The racing or the track,hasn't been anywhere near as good since it changed to the smaller shape of 288 yards.         But I do admit, the present track prep leaves a lot to be desired. 

The current track has been decent too, in the Lindgren era etc was good racing, just seems to be in last 5 years it’s gone down hill.

The ‘Karlsson corridor’ has always been there but it was used for passing, there was other lines too. Now it’s the only line and first riders to the strip wins.

Could see it during the interval all the track was being done ripping up that inside off the bend.

5 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It was introduced to stop riders from picking and choosing when they rode.

Won't work. They'll just say they are injured instead! 

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It can only be home for hone advantage

nothing to do with me baggy, i was just taking photos ;)

• Haha 1

A concern for me is Zagar lack of scoring consistency. I were told by one of the BV pit staff that Zagar mechanic Phil told him that Zagar is not paid by points scored but gets a substantial fee per meeting thought to be £3000 plus expenses. So what’s his incentive to put the effort in? I wonder how many riders at BV have a similar fee deal? 

On 6/23/2022 at 3:27 PM, Speedtiger said:

A concern for me is Zagar lack of scoring consistency. I were told by one of the BV pit staff that Zagar mechanic Phil told him that Zagar is not paid by points scored but gets a substantial fee per meeting thought to be £3000 plus expenses. So what’s his incentive to put the effort in? I wonder how many riders at BV have a similar fee deal? 

Old news, Zagar was always paid like that for years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Old news, Zagar was always paid like that for years.

And doesn't a sponsor pick up a hefty % of it? 

Pay what you can afford...

And if you can afford "silly money" then so be it...

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

And doesn't a sponsor pick up a hefty % of it? 

Pay what you can afford...

And if you can afford "silly money" then so be it...

I don't think the original poster on this was worried whether they can afford to pay this,more worried about would he put his balls on the line in a squeaky bum first turn at Monmore or Foxhall to win them the league.Afterall he would get his £3000 for his retirement fund regardless.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I don't think the original poster on this was worried whether they can afford to pay this,more worried about would he put his balls on the line in a squeaky bum first turn at Monmore or Foxhall to win them the league.Afterall he would get his £3000 for his retirement fund regardless.

Exactly my point. I don’t care how much or how he’s paid that’s up to bv. My concern is when it comes to push and shove has he the balls to mix it..? At his age and stage in life with a young family, I’m not sure he has.