British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

I have just been made aware that as of late last night Newcastle speedway closed its doors no more fixtures no more racing this season so now it’s imperative that Newcastle get a new owner sorry to be the bearer of the bad news the club will issue a statement in due course 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Phil83 said:

I have just been made aware that as of late last night Newcastle speedway closed its doors no more fixtures no more racing this season so now it’s imperative that Newcastle get a new owner sorry to be the bearer of the bad news the club will issue a statement in due course 

In a few weeks after a few 'rain offs' I'm sure... Just a quick facebook post to the few who are on there...

Hope I'm eating my words in a few days... I'm gutted

:o:):):):):):(:D:):):):):blink::):):(:):):):angry::):):):):):):):):unsure::):):):):):rolleyes::):):):angry:B):):):):):):nono::):):):o:):):(:):):(:):):):t:

and the reaction from the crowd?

Edited by ruffdiamond

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Far too many emojis there...

Aye, it was a bumper crowd that day!

Like I said all I can do is be the bearer of the bad news I have only just found out myself and I have brought the news to the community I know as much as you do at this point 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Phil83 said:

Like I said all I can do is be the bearer of the bad news I have only just found out myself and I have brought the news to the community I know as much as you do at this point 

Thanks for being the voice of the club, it's been needed this season.

Just because Granty has walked, there's still other people? Where does Dave Tinning stand now? Surely there was a couple suitors last winter, are any of them still available? I am aware you don't have the answers, and they may come out in time, just got to keep everything crossed I think :( Wish I could afford it...

Now that his 'best mate' has walked out... Maybe a few of the old faces may be tempted back, even just on a less than regular basis and not as involved monetary... Who knows... :( A very sad day

Edited by Diamonds85

4 minutes ago, Phil83 said:

Yip,,, a wish a had remembered to put my phone on silent too. A haven't got the heart to tell the guys atm, al wait till they're at work.

Like I said I don’t have the answers to anything at the moment I literally know what you know at this point

I'm sorry for some of my comments on here the last couple of weeks. As you can imagine this club has been a massive part of my life, my childhood, my teenage years and now my young adult life, like I'm sure it has for many others. I am livid that it is closing and this has been coming for ages. I was so desperate to see change, but it wasn't coming and now it's gone. What a massive shame, I wish every Diamond's fan, old and new, the best of luck for the future, and who knows... Maybe we'll meet again in the future... :sad: Wish it had gone differently... A very disappointing ending to a club with such massive history

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 4

sad news if its true .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Not in the least bit surprised (if true) not that I'm doubting anyone but this club in recent times has been so close to the brink and been pulled back, but I'm absolutely devastated as that club means the world to me and I will never change my elegance.

I am devastated I have not been able to go since Rob took it over, but sadly I am now confined to the house unless I attend hospital appointments via ambulance.

Let's hope it can come back, however slight that chance is, as I believe it is two big a club to be allowed to go to the wall, so although I think it will be gone and forgotten I'll cling on to hope against hope!