British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

Not good news,but the club since grants involvement has been an absolute farce,they can't even close it down without total confusion.  How hard can it be to confirm or deny the rumours!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lewy said:

Not good news,but the club since grants involvement has been an absolute farce,they can't even close it down without total confusion.  How hard can it be to confirm or deny the rumours!!!

Give them a chance! If Plymouth were only informed at 10pm then you've given them 8 hours overnight to address the public!

Sad news indeed.

I have confirmed it when I wrote the post it is not a rumour the doors have been closed until a new owner can be found to take over the reigns I apologise on behalf of the diamonds promotion and a statement will be issued in due course 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Give them a chance! If Plymouth were only informed at 10pm then you've given them 8 hours overnight to address the public!

They managed to put a post out wanting to get people to buy Poole tickets.

What a joker!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

They managed to put a post out wanting to get people to buy Poole tickets.

What a joker!!

I don't think you understand how social media management works...

Firstly the guy posting on socials will not be involved in talks. Secondly, it was most likely s scheduled post!

3 hours ago, jenga said:

sad news if its true .

Sad indeed,,, hopefully some kind of resurrection like over your way?

Edited by ruffdiamond

Signs a rider last week and throws dummy out the pram this week, always thought this would happen with him :angry:

despite what's said on here the bloke has obviously lost a shed load of money

• Like 2

Will I still be able to get into the greyhounds and just the speedway gone under?

31 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I don't think you understand how social media management works...

Firstly the guy posting on socials will not be involved in talks. Secondly, it was most likely s scheduled post!

I can guarantee that the post was not scheduled as I only found out at 2:30 this morning mate 

31 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Not this season he won’t of :angry:

31 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Yes but because of his own ineptness. Any previous promoters/promotion have played no part in this closure, just his lack of man management and inability to do the right thing at the right time. It is fair to say he is the worst promoter ever at Newcastle. Sad day given the great effort in 1997 to resurrect the sport by me, George and Peter.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Horrendous for the Diamonds fans and feel a bit for riders too. Grant has done nothing but harm the club since he came in, don't really see any way back now (certainly not at the current venue) but the whole reputation is in tatters. 

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes but because of his own ineptness. Any previous promoters/promotion have played no part in this closure, just his lack of man management and inability to do the right thing at the right time. It is fair to say he is the worst promoter ever at Newcastle. Sad day given the great effort in 1997 to resurrect the sport by me, George and Peter.

Agreed. Can't really give English much credit if you believe the way it was left, but at least there was an element of reliability most seasons (and some decent sides). Grant has been about as successful as a promoter as he was as a rider. Far too pigheaded to make it work.

• Like 3