British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

12 hours ago, StevePark said:

SEASON TICKET REFUND INFORMATION

Newcastle Speedway have issued information about their plans to refund monies back to their season ticket holders with there being five outstanding Championship matches and three outstanding Summer Trophy meetings, totalling eight to be sent back to the supporters.

Club owner Rob Grant said: "We will be starting the refunds of our season tickets towards the back end of next week in a procedure which will take a few weeks to complete once we're taking in funds from our other businesses.

"If you pre-booked your season ticket via the TryBooking online site, then this will be automatically refunded to your account without having to do anything. If, on the other hand, you purchased your season ticket by issuing a cheque, then to help the process along, could you contact us via our website email address, info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk , so we can discuss the way you'd like to receive your refund.

"Also, I'd like to ask again if anyone out there has any interest in taking on Newcastle Speedway for the future, then please don't delay and contact us on the same info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk to start a discussion, to be fair as soon as possible for logistical purposes before we have to start moving on our assets. So please drop us an email without delay."

11 hours ago, Rotfs said:

For someone who has claimed in the past not to be in the know and not the mouthpiece of Newcastle diamonds speedway.

You have been very quiet since the news broke! Then post simultaneously on both threads ?

That contradicts your statement of not being in the know .!

I will leave it there. 

11 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Also correct me if I am wrong the only person to post the team v Poole before the closure 

My post (which I've requoted above) is off Facebook (apologies for not mentioning that bit.   The team vs Poole was also taken off Facebook.

As I have said before I was never "a mouthpiece" for this or any previous promotion.  I put stuff up on hear that people may not be aware of, as it was only on Facebook at the time I posed it.  Many on here are not on Facebook and would be unaware of it.

As for "being in the know" I know/knew no more than anybody else.  The info I put on here was in the public domain already.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, StevePark said:

My post (which I've requoted above) is off Facebook (apologies for not mentioning that bit.   The team vs Poole was also taken off Facebook.

As I have said before I was never "a mouthpiece" for this or any previous promotion.  I put stuff up on hear that people may not be aware of, as it was only on Facebook at the time I posed it.  Many on here are not on Facebook and would be unaware of it.

As for "being in the know" I know/knew no more than anybody else.  The info I put on here was in the public domain already.

Don’t know what the fuss is about “ you being in the know” all that matters is you are keeping fans informed and the info is genuine.Thanks for your effort.

ps 

I don’t do Facebook or Twitter.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

There have already been a few conversations but after last year's  debacle it's not for me... I think we have lost that wave of goodwill and the place is a knacker job sad to say...

It will need someone with very deep pockets however saying that I don't fully  believe JER when he said what he was losing...

Like the X Files "The truth is out there"... somewhere...

Regards 

THJ

I appreciate you have probably had your fingers burned last time but I’m sure if someone like yourself was to get involved in trying to resurrect the team you would have all of the support of the fans and all of the goodwill and promises of financial help or support would still be there as we all want one thing a well run,entertaining speedway club that are good to watch and carry themselves with dignity and pride

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

16 box of Captain Bird's-eye, a bet? ;)

Maybe someone else made them, but a good burger expect knows a good burger! :t:

Maybe they come from the cash-n-carry?

Can't believe this thread has come down to the quality of burgers. Give ya heeds a shake people 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Can't believe this thread has come down to the quality of burgers. Give ya heeds a shake people 

Well, a think you'll find it wasn't me that mentioned them in the first place :nono:,,, but this is social media, so you might find that plenty folk talk about any old sh!te? :t:

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well, a think you'll find it wasn't me that mentioned them in the first place :nono:,,, but this is social media, so you might find that plenty folk talk about any old sh!te? :t:

Exactly mate and plenty of it

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Winditon said:

Unfortunately no speedway to talk about so got to talk about something :D

• Haha 2

On 6/21/2022 at 12:03 PM, Andrew2021 said:

Sad to see you go Newcastle. A great club with fabulous history of top riders. 

Absolutely awful news. The speedway family is weaker for its loss.

I have great memories from my early days as a shale fan when the Diamonds were a team to be feared, with the likes of Ivan Mauger and Brian Brett. I'd like to express my sincere condolences to all supporters in the north-east.

6 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

I have great memories from my early days as a shale fan when the Diamonds were a team to be feared, with the likes of Ivan Mauger and Brian Brett. I'd like to express my sincere condolences to all supporters in the north-east.

And the late Gary Peterson,think Wolves "stole" him from the Diamonds when Mike Parker was running both ventures.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Brian Brett was my abiding memory of the Diamonds.He used to come up from London,with his bike,on the train,and I had the pleasure of accompanying him on part of one return journey,as far as York.He was happy to share the sandwiches he had been given,and we had a great talk about all things speedway.He would have got back to London about 2-30,where his van was waiting.He would have a few hours kip,then off to work as an industrial window cleaner.He said he would finish mid afternoon,then drive up to Long Eaton,for another meeting.This was a top rider,English international,but riding speedway full time was not an option.How times have changed.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Winditon said:

He did hot dogs as well .

9 hours ago, StevePark said:

Thanks for your efforts Steve. I dont use Facebook at all and I appreciated you passing the information to me and others via this website

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bigred said:

He did hot dogs as well .

Ha ha. Not at the last few meetings. Was no chips either. Must have made the most profit on the burgers. Not surprised at a fiver a shot. And still this thread talks about burgers. Ha ha ha ha ha

• Haha 2