British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

52 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

Well he still seems able to update the table daily from his holiday venue with recent results! Maybe he's waiting for Newcastle to formally declare one way or another. Meantime the published table could be giving a false picture until results against Newcastle are expunged. Very sad business when it happens mid season. And how about recompensing promoters who paid out appearance and/or points money to their riders for a probably null and void away fixture?

Not to mention the fans

• Like 1

Well I have just seen the "Bill of fare" and I can confirm that if you made an offer for the shale it would probably be accepted...

7000 grand for an 8 year old old air fence... honestly the clown has lost the plot... that air fence has been popped more times by Dean Douglas alone than a kid with a roll of bubble wrap...

Of course he is making the club better and securing it's future... but never mind I am selling a car if anyone wants to buy it... Good runner... come and look and make me an offer... but in the mean time  I have flogged the wheels the doors the engine and the windscreen but it's a good runner...

The PA system is even on there... containers start tapes the lot... absolutely every solitary thing used to put on a meeting he's just picking the bones dry...

Some of it is just scrap and hes asking silly prices... but if it doesn't go the the local pikey will come in with his pick-up and give him 2 quid a hundred-weight for it and take it away...

What a tosser...

Regards 

THJ

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, iainb said:

Not to mention the fans

At least the fans got to see a speedway match (of sorts!). The promoters got nothing for their money if the points are expunged.

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

As far as I can work out, closure years have been:

1931-1937, 1952-1960, 1971-1974, 1984-1985, 1988 and 1995-1996, so 26 years in total without speedway at Brough. This does not include the War years.

Pretty sure I went to Brough in 1984. They finished bottom of British League after an ill-advised elevation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

Pretty sure I went to Brough in 1984. They finished bottom of British League after an ill-advised elevation.

Indeed. Just 1985 in that bracket. Thanks for spotting that. 

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

If u read " ian thomas" book he says about 1984 wasnt easy knowing each monday u were going to lose a £ 1000 that day,paid all the debts though even lost his house over it 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

7000 grand for an 8 year old old air fence...

7 Million pounds?  That seems a bit over the top!

I've heard he's also been ringing round other promoters asking if they want to buy the riding assets.  Not sure who Newcastle own.  Joe Alock? Lee Complin?

8 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

I've heard he's also been ringing round other promoters asking if they want to buy the riding assets.  Not sure who Newcastle own.  Joe Alock? Lee Complin?

Josh Embleton, Archie Freeman

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well I have just seen the "Bill of fare" and I can confirm that if you made an offer for the shale it would probably be accepted...

7000 grand for an 8 year old old air fence... honestly the clown has lost the plot... that air fence has been popped more times by Dean Douglas alone than a kid with a roll of bubble wrap...

Of course he is making the club better and securing it's future... but never mind I am selling a car if anyone wants to buy it... Good runner... come and look and make me an offer... but in the mean time  I have flogged the wheels the doors the engine and the windscreen but it's a good runner...

The PA system is even on there... containers start tapes the lot... absolutely every solitary thing used to put on a meeting he's just picking the bones dry...

Some of it is just scrap and hes asking silly prices... but if it doesn't go the the local pikey will come in with his pick-up and give him 2 quid a hundred-weight for it and take it away...

What a tosser...

Regards 

THJ

Be interesting to know if anyone who had the slightest bit of sympathy for our esteemed owner still feels the same now, I've been going for best part of 45 year's but now it'll take a miracle of biblical proportion to keep the sport going on Tyneside, I feel the only way it's now possible is a Seaton burn scenario which, well meaning ppl, had already looked into and made a bit of headway until it was knocked on it's head when a certain somebody said "as long as he was owner speedway would always be at brough park"  of course there's always hope but even that's looking extremely dodgy now. Of course miracle's do happen now where the f*** did I put that lottery ticket 

Edited by andys
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Aye you shouldn't type when you are angry... well spotted... £7k... but you knew that...

Matej Kus Ludvig Lingren Anton Rosen Claus Neddermark plausibly James Wright and Adam Roynon and Lee Complin... the two Steve Park gave above and George Congrieve...

Straining the grey cells to think af any oyhers who may still be assets of the club however nothing that mounts to a hill of beans to be fair... Kenni Larsen might even still be on the asset list...

Regards 

THJ

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye you shouldn't type when you are angry... well spotted... £7k... but you knew that...

Matej Kus Ludvig Lingren Anton Rosen Claus Neddermark plausibly James Wright and Adam Roynon and Lee Complin... the two Steve Park gave above and George Congrieve...

Straining the grey cells to think af any oyhers who may still be assets of the club however nothing that mounts to a hill of beans to be fair... Kenni Larsen might even still be on the asset list...

Regards 

THJ

I think Kenni was bought by Coventry (?)

Glyn Taylor?

Sorry if this should be obvious, but with multiple leagues and riders riding in multiple countries (and guests!), what's the point of assets? How does it benefit the sport? Obviously it makes sense in many sports, like football, but speedway isn't set up the same way 

I always used to think riders were essentially self-employed and could ride for whoever they liked, within normal limits, like not signing for two teams in the same league.

Can anyone briefly explain?

I am a Bears fan and gutted to see the Diamonds go but if you stopped for a minute or two and took off the rose tinted glasses you will realise it is for the best. 

As much as you all loved Brough Park you were only tenants paying an extortionate rent for a below par venue 

I remain confident that Newcastle speedway will rise again but to succeed they will need a set up like we have at Redcar with a dedicated stadium/track with the ability to 

generate multiple revenue streams.  Workington are in the process of doing just that so why not Newcastle? All you need is a benefactor with deep pockets and a Geordie accent 

The Bears managed to achieve a revival on Teesside so why can't you do it in Tyneside or even Wearside, imagine the fanbase for the Tyne and Wear Diamond Stars

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Rob Grant Jnr.

• Haha 1