British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'd love to volunteer my services, if there was any point to it, but unless there's a realistic point to it, what's the hope? We need someone who can come in and run the club, be a leader, have backing or funds of their own, does that person exist? I'd love to help out in any way I could if they did... I'd be happy to message with you if you have any ideas... I'm always ears

I’d like to help too but the social site and help with content if we ever do get taken over again

8 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Seems to me our club needs an injection of positivity. 
Best of luck with that.

anyone want to chat to me about that drop me a message, there is hope. 

Have been in contact with Yoda recently and, he remains a tad optimistic. (Keep us in the loop).

10 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

giphy.gif

Is that the new Workington bowser?

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Constrictive criticism and suggestions on improvement rather than negative and damaging attacks

Constrictive criticism ........................................really??................  (constructive ??????)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Chairman of the " bspa".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

No it's a Leicester fan expressing his opinion...

Is it not Steve Shoveler?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, iainb said:

Remember Glasgow were in charge at the time. Yes happened at Workington but nowt to do with them :nono:

Could you get 600 fans to put £10 a week in?..

£10 a week for 28 weeks (March to September), would mean a total for £168k..

On the Eastbourne section of the Speedway Star this week £150k is mentioned as possibly "enough" to run Speedway there by a prospective promoter..

Let all in the "600 Club" in for nothing and charge everyone else who attends the going rate..

20 matches at £280 per person (£10 x 28 weeks), means each match would be just £14 per person...

And you would expect all 600 to attend most weeks given they are already paying/paid so the atmosphere at the track would be decent each week, even if no one else goes...

Possibly you would get sponsors buying a "few slots" if needed..?

Or they could still just sponsor the club with one off payments if you can get 600 fans who want to have shares in a club...

A club that will effectively ran by the fans under the leadership of elected individuals..

You could even do a weekly draw for £100 or so for those who pay in..

Maybe having such a "guaranteed income" could then persuade someone with deeper pockets to take on the reins and the teams strength would be of a decent level..

It seems very sad if such a unique sport, virtually in the centre of such a huge conurbation, couldnt find just 600 people to invest in it...

And, as the final meetings showed last year, there are still a fair few fans out there who follow the club.. 

Could someone engage them to collectively save the club...?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, ch958 said:

sure its not a tena pad

Do you have any spare? If so give them to the shi*te that gets in your place.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Could you get 600 fans to put £10 a week in?..

£10 a week for 28 weeks (March to September), would mean a total for £168k..

On the Eastbourne section of the Speedway Star this week £150k is mentioned as possibly "enough" to run Speedway there by a prospective promoter..

Let all in the "600 Club" in for nothing and charge everyone else who attends the going rate..

20 matches at £280 per person (£10 x 28 weeks), means each match would be just £14 per person...

And you would expect all 600 to attend most weeks given they are already paying/paid so the atmosphere at the track would be decent each week, even if no one else goes...

Possibly you would get sponsors buying a "few slots" if needed..?

Or they could still just sponsor the club with one off payments if you can get 600 fans who want to have shares in a club...

A club that will effectively ran by the fans under the leadership of elected individuals..

You could even do a weekly draw for £100 or so for those who pay in..

Maybe having such a "guaranteed income" could then persuade someone with deeper pockets to take on the reins and the teams strength would be of a decent level..

It seems very sad if such a unique sport, virtually in the centre of such a huge conurbation, couldnt find just 600 people to invest in it...

And, as the final meetings showed last year, there are still a fair few fans out there who follow the club.. 

Could someone engage them to collectively save the club...?

Sorry to poop on ya party mate, but where do you find 600 fans willing to part with £300?,,, cos basically that's what you'd need, it's ok agreeing to pay £10 per week, but really keeping up with payments could prove problematic for many reasons. 

The maths looks easy, but doesn't make it simple.

As for the final meeting last season, yeah there was many there,,, but how many where only there for one reason?

Great idea in principal, thanks,,, hopefully it can generate enthusiasm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HectorRacing said:

RG in a open and honest interview in speedway star this week to wind us fans up even more

Can't believe owt in the star! ;)

But really, one man shouldn't be bigger than the club?

5 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

RG in a open and honest interview in speedway star this week to wind us fans up even more

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Can't believe owt in the star! ;)

But really, one man shouldn't be bigger than the club?

Yet couldn’t keep the fans up to date in the stadium or on the website. C*ock.

• Like 1