Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I am planning to (semi) retire in September mate...:D

55 years young... (in mind if not in body)...:D

But honestly, engaging people through pro active marketing, especially today given the digital platforms that exist, isnt hard...

Like running a business..

Bring drive, energy, passion, resilience, bravery, inspiration and tenacity to what you do, and utilise the skills of those around you who are more qualified and gifted than yourself technically to deliver your aims, and you can move mountains...

36 years of running stores and regions for one of worlds leading retailers has taught me that....

I am sure around Newcastle (and all over the country), there are potential leaders who can engage and mobilise a few hundred people, especially when those people already want the same thing so need no convincing.. 

Well if your gonna semi-retire, you could do it as a little hobby!!! ;)

A would fail at the digital platform carry-on, am scared of the sky remote (its got too many buttons). A like to see people's lips move when a talk to them.

Anyway, thanks for your input and hopefully some inspiration can be gathered from it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Bring drive, energy, passion, resilience, bravery, inspiration and tenacity to what you do, and utilise the skills of those around you who are more qualified and gifted than yourself technically to deliver your aims, and you can move mountains...

If only Rob Grant knew this...

• Like 1

If you got 600 paying fans through the door you wouldn't need any schemes for additional cash... 600 fans paying 15 quid to get into the meeting brings in 9k... 

Savagely basic figures but 2.5k to get the home meeting on and 500 quid travel for the away meeting leaves you with 6k to pay the riders over 2 meetings averaging 60 points at home and 40 points away including bonus points gives you an average rate for the team of 60 quid a point...

So there lies your first problem or challenge getting fans to come and watch... however if you can guarentee 600 fans through the door you will have a hell of a start... 

Regards 

THJ

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

See Edinburgh have put out details of their new stadium/site...

Hope this works...

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdinMonarchs/status/1542078584675876865?t=kKx1-F_-_O53URLiI2n0kw&s=08

Regards 

THJ

Yip, seen it, the guys up there must know how to go on? Great news and hopefully inspiration for Newcastle. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yip, seen it, the guys up there must know how to go on? Great news and hopefully inspiration for Newcastle. 

Must have a very understanding and supportive local authority...

• Haha 1

Season tickets should be transferable to another person if the person who buys it can't attend for any reason, in my opinion. If this was made available, I would personally buy 2 or 3 season tickets through my business, & give the spares to friends & other businesses I work with. This could result in other businesses taking an interest in speedway, & possibly investing themselves in the future. The worst case scenario, is more people will buy season tickets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Must have a very understanding and supportive local authority...

Wasn't laughing at you John, just having a little chuckle to myself. 

At the minute Edinburgh good news of new stadium. Got me thinking about Seaton burn again. Is anyone looking in to how much it would be to restart talking and look at the land again as still up for sale. Other funding grants other sponsors ect 

Only way to make speedway pay is have your own stadium. And rent out to other sports even car boot sale food festivals ext 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, InfinitiDiamonds said:

At the minute Edinburgh good news of new stadium. Got me thinking about Seaton burn again. Is anyone looking in to how much it would be to restart talking and look at the land again as still up for sale. Other funding grants other sponsors ect 

Only way to make speedway pay is have your own stadium. And rent out to other sports even car boot sale food festivals ext 

Nope...

16 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Nope...

O well. Just been working next to Seaton burn. Shame. Good luck to Edinburgh. Can only dream of being like them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HectorRacing said:

Is the land at seaton burn still for sale ? (Not that i can afford it) 

might go for a run and look at it later

It can be done and hopefully, something can happen to keep Newcastle going. Just remember what happened to Berwick in 1980 turfed out of footie stadium in 1981 riding home meetings at Barrow, Workington, Glasgow, and Newcastle then in 1982 Berrington Lough was up and running.

7 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Is the land at seaton burn still for sale ? (Not that i can afford it) 

might go for a run and look at it later

Looks like it's still up for grabs.

See CBRE Commercial