British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

33 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Am not on Facebook however Tony Kearman has also got all of the Newcastle Speedway stuff listed for sale on his Facebook page apparently...

Regards 

THJ

What about me tape measure?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What about me tape measure?

I've got 1 you can ducktape them together 

Newcastle Speedway update

As of today Newcastle Speedway has had two parties come to show a bit of interest in taking the club over.

However both parties have since pulled away once they realised the shear costs of operating speedway at Newcastle. 

We have been asked to start a clean up process at the stadium and the existing assets of Newcastle Diamonds Ltd. are being sold as we speak in order to help the promoting company, Newcastle Diamonds Ltd pay off outstanding debts and of course to start paying off all the season ticket refunds. 

If someone genuinely feels they can take Newcastle Speedway forward then it’s essential they make a move NOW and begin talks with the stadium and the BSPL  to see if there is any hope of Newcastle Speedway continuing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Out of curiosity much are the tractors up for because they weren't on the list I got to see?

Regards

THJ

£4500 (down from 5.5k). And £5.5k (down from 6.5k).

They have just released  a statement that no one can reply to!

Edited by Gaz

Tony Kearman (grantys lapdog) arguing with me over Facebook now!

What a joke!

Edited by Gaz

36 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Newcastle Speedway update

As of today Newcastle Speedway has had two parties come to show a bit of interest in taking the club over.

However both parties have since pulled away once they realised the shear costs of operating speedway at Newcastle. 

We have been asked to start a clean up process at the stadium and the existing assets of Newcastle Diamonds Ltd. are being sold as we speak in order to help the promoting company, Newcastle Diamonds Ltd pay off outstanding debts and of course to start paying off all the season ticket refunds. 

If someone genuinely feels they can take Newcastle Speedway forward then it’s essential they make a move NOW and begin talks with the stadium and the BSPL  to see if there is any hope of Newcastle Speedway continuing.

What a pack of lies... honestly it's enough to make you puke... I was at the track the other night and anyone who wants the truth just needs to call round and talk to them and this debacle has nothing to do with them... they aren't making any demands and have no agenda as far as the comments made above... there is no pressure from the stadium...  

There are lies, dam lies and then there is the dross JER puts out on Facebook...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

What a pack of lies... honestly it's enough to make you puke... I was at the track the other night and anyone who wants the truth just needs to call round and talk to them and this debacle has nothing to do with them... they aren't making any demands and have no agenda as far as the comments made above... there is no pressure from the stadium...  

There are lies, dam lies and then there is the dross JER puts out on Facebook...

Regards 

THJ 

No doubt he is telling people who want to take it on that you lose 5k per week like Kearman is telling me etc!

Not if you run it properly, get a decent team sorted then the fans will get behind you and sponsors will come on board.

They were meant to have decent sponsors this year so I doubt they will be to happy! 

• Like 3

I hope Grant sells pies better than he sells speedway clubs, less than week after closing down and he's selling the kitchen sink........shameful.

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

Tony Kearman (grantys lapdog) arguing with me over Facebook now!

What a joke!

What else is he saying? 

2 hours ago, HectorRacing said:

What else is he saying? 

He was telling me: 

There was 3 interested parties (statement says 2).

If I have 60k and can lose 5k per week put money where mouth is and stadium have ordered removal.

He said with successful team would of lost 10k per week.

No sites available at all and they had looked for 12 months.

He hadnt seen me at brough on a Saturday night helping in the rain. I replied with I hadn’t seen him at brough for 40 years and he said he had came to help his friend so if I would like to match his contribution as a great fan get in touch with Rob :blink:.

Then he deleted all his comments ;)

I put a comment on saying i know couple of people who had been to the track and there was no pressure to remove stuff.

I also said that first year wasn’t his fault but this year has been a shambles, firstly with the team put together, felt sorry for smith and Bickley and should of listened to advice.

These 2 will be putting off people wanting to help with their demands and telling them “well you lose 5-6k per week! :angry:

Edited by Gaz

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

He was telling me: 

There was 3 interested parties (statement says 2).

If I have 60k and can lose 5k per week put money where mouth is and stadium have ordered removal.

He said with successful team would of lost 10k per week.

No sites available at all and they had looked for 12 months.

He hadnt seen me at brough on a Saturday night helping in the rain. I replied with I hadn’t seen him at brough for 40 years and he said he had came to help his friend so if I would like to match his contribution as a great fan get in touch with Rob :blink:.

Then he deleted all his comments ;)

I put a comment on saying i know couple of people who had been to the track and there was no pressure to remove stuff.

I also said that first year wasn’t his fault but this year has been a shambles, firstly with the team put together, felt sorry for smith and Bickley and should of listened to advice.

These 2 will be putting off people wanting to help with their demands and telling them “well you lose 5-6k per week! :angry:

Not good at all, so you want to sell something. Dont sell assets that make the entire product work! Shale be gone next.

agree with year one, but year 2 and reading on here about offers for help declined/etc 

• Like 2

One of the main problems was getting rid of alot of people who knew what they were doing ,it was his way or no way .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

He seems to be doing his best to put of perspective new owners, can’t understand why ??

Does he really need to do anything to put perspective owners off?

Surely any genuine offers would be considered. 

Edited by ruffdiamond

9 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Does he really need to do anything to put perspective owners off?

Surely any genuine offers would be considered. 

Telling them 60k to get to tapes and then lose 5-6k per week hardly going to help.