British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Telling them 60k to get to tapes and then lose 5-6k per week hardly going to help.

Does the 60k include any BSPL bonds needed, or is that just to take the club over and acquire its assets?

Edited by ruffdiamond

27 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Does the 60k include any BSPL bonds needed, or is that just to take the club over and acquire its assets?

God knows you would have to ask Rob or Tony Kearman.

They won’t be making it sound like an exciting venture though I would doubt.

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

They won’t be making it sound like an exciting venture though I would doubt.

Well is it?

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well is it?

It depends how well you run it, and how much sponsorship you can get.

He had a lot of help from sponsors this year apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

After last years debacle I find it baffling that Sponsers would let Granty have free hand with their money.He certainly stitched them up or bullsh#ted them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Well am sure there is someone out there with what it takes to take it on.

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

There was 3 interested parties (statement says 2).

Tyre kickers are not interested parties and your right the statement said two they cant even get their story straight between each other... Lies

If I have 60k and can lose 5k per week put money where mouth is and stadium have ordered removal.

What happened to the supposed £50K sponsorship deal that JER boasted about at the start of the season "Fantastic Sponsorship Deal" and the Stadium have not ordered any removal of gear; also more lies about wanting someone to come an take the club on? if the Stadium have ordered the removal of gear where does that leave anyone new coming in... Lies...

He said with successful team would of lost 10k per week.

This kills me and the next one; but when JER seen that 1288 fans come through the door for the Birmingham match last season to watch a "Wiz Poor" team in their last ever meeting at Brough Park and £7K of food got sold all JER though he had to do was to get half of those people back which he might have done if he picked a side that was capable of winning at home and the job was sorted. After the Stoke match at the start of the season the writing was on the wall... these fans are not mugs... A side that could win at home would have brought more fans in? Business men? WOW makes you wonder... there was a tidal wave of sentimental support that he could have built on but again he decided to do it his way and thought if they will come in those numbers to watch that tripe surely at least half of them will come back and be happy just to watch ay old rubbish... which is what he said to me....

No sites available at all and they had looked for 12 months.

JER asked me two and a half year ago to see what the mood was like from the fans for a move from Brough Park; there were 3 prime sites in the running because he had been to the Cambois site which he reckoned was no good leaving the two sites at Seaton Burn and one at the Tyne Tunnel... JER knew he had to move but after getting the 1288 in for the last ever meeting (sic) he made his immortal statement that "as long as I am promoter the Newcastle Diamonds will not be moving from Brough Park" remember that one? eh! remember? Lies... all lies... 

He hadn't seen me at Brough on a Saturday night helping in the rain. I replied with I hadn’t seen him at Brough for 40 years and he said he had came to help his friend so if I would like to match his contribution as a great fan get in touch with Rob :blink:.

Who is this clown I certainly never seen him during the 1st 12 month... one meeting poncing around on the centre green and that was it... I asked JER about this and JER stated "he's a brilliant guy and a businessman but doest really know or get speedway and he is normally busy on a Sunday" so one of them is lying?

Then he deleted all his comments ;)

They should have deleted themselves at the end of the first season when they were on their way out of the door and we might not be in this mess

I put a comment on saying I know couple of people who had been to the track and there was no pressure to remove stuff.

Hey stop telling the truth its the "Daily Lie" we are working on here; actually its more like the "Lie a Minute Show"

I also said that first year wasn’t his fault but this year has been a shambles, firstly with the team put together, felt sorry for Smith and Bickley and should of listened to advice.

Now again Gaz speaking common sense is also a risky business

These 2 will be putting off people wanting to help with their demands and telling them “well you lose 5-6k per week! :angry:

Half wit and the other type of wit that is usually preceded by a bit of Anglo Saxon... it would not have been this way for all of the reasons put forward by numerous Speedway fans on here (not just Diamonds fans either)... he wanted to put on a "Crepe Feast" and expected 6/7/800 fans to come through the door to watch any old "dynamite" and be thankful it was there... he ended up with the die hard fans the people who have gone there for years through thick and thin who will actually mourn the loss of their Speedway team... A total disgrace and of the big money last night meeting ever; last season against Birmingham; that was the potential; that was the target; those 1288 were the lost fans the new fans he should have been targeting; but they want entertainment not punishment and if I am honest I think it has gone now and this clown and JER are just raping the place to mitigate against their losses... 

Stuck my thoughts in-between what your new BFF had to say for himself and what Grant needs to remember you have to have a good memory to be a good liar...

Regards
John

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Stuck my thoughts in-between what your new BFF had to say for himself and what Grant needs to remember you have to have a good memory to be a good liar...

Regards
John

Start over again, build from scratch?

Must admit its very sad to see the Diamonds ending this way, by his actions Rob Grant is making sure that speedway will never return to Brough Park. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Start over again, build from scratch?

Good Idea however the new Edinburgh project has been estimated at £1.5 million.... Where you gonna get that from...

The Worky guys have done it/will do it... for a 10th of that; however they have been fortunate as there has been a great deal of goodwill and a lot of free time given at a weekend by some very reliable and supportive friends; family and fans and Andy has had access to all the key plant and equipment he has needed to get the project to where it is at today... he has also pumped around £60k of cash into the project to date and there is still the small power and lighting to go in; the pit area is to build and the stands; so its not a simple task... Where you gonna find people like that...

Starting from scratch with £1.5 million is hard but starting from scratch on a limited budget has been a monumental task...

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Good Idea however the new Edinburgh project has been estimated at £1.5 million.... Where you gonna get that from...

The Worky guys have done it/will do it... for a 10th of that; however they have been fortunate as there has been a great deal of goodwill and a lot of free time given at a weekend by some very reliable and supportive friends; family and fans and Andy has had access to all the key plant and equipment he has needed to get the project to where it is at today... he has also pumped around £60k of cash into the project to date and there is still the small power and lighting to go in; the pit area is to build and the stands; so its not a simple task... Where you gonna find people like that...

Starting from scratch with £1.5 million is hard but starting from scratch on a limited budget has been a monumental task...

Regards
THJ

Yeah but John, at least the Edinburgh project looks like it will be a proper stadium. Not just some old field with some mud hills on it and a couple of makeshift scaffold seating areas? ;)

So maybe a 150k budget might get something started, like what has happened at Northside?,,, 'Dream of less and you could end up with more'.

BTW, a wonder if the Edinburgh project, when finished, will look like the picture?

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

Telling them 60k to get to tapes and then lose 5-6k per week hardly going to help.

From what am led to believe, the 60k will cover your bonds and stuff and, leave you with a little bit of change to purchase a good percentage of anything useful that's left to help with running a meeting. Best get in quick for the shale, before the local vultures get it. ;)

Ad think that any prospective owners would need to contact the BSPL and arrange a meeting with the landlords to discuss they're plans.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah but John, at least the Edinburgh project looks like it will be a proper stadium. Not just some old field with some mud hills on it and a couple of makeshift scaffold seating areas? ;)

So maybe a 150k budget might get something started, like what has happened at Northside?,,, 'Dream of less and you could end up with more'.

BTW, a wonder if the Edinburgh project, when finished, will look like the picture?

Honestly 

Jesus!!!... Really...

What are you on about?; what do you think the Edinburgh project will look like when it starts; it will be a muddy field with muddy hills all over it; do you think they will build it off site and then drop a fully finished stadium into position... green grass and all? think you need to give your head a shake... that was just a picture of the finished job...

Have you not been to Scunny or Redcar? make shift scaffolding standing areas let alone seating and Redcar have just bought some of the Worky seating for their back straight? at the moment I wouldn't mind a muddy field with a track on it and the potential to go somewhere; and I doubt I am not the only one thinking that: its not about dreaming... or maybe it is in your case who knows... every build project starts with a muddy field and the REAL question is where are YOU gonna get £150k from let alone £1.5 million... whatever the budget is £150k; £1.5mill or £15 Million where are you going to get that sort of cash from... JER cant raise £150 quid at the minute and he's selling everything that isn't bolted; screwed or welded down into place...

If you want a pretty picture of what Northside will look like I can do that on the auto-cad here in the office however some of us can see the bigger picture... and understand what it takes to build something from scratch... and all builds start in a muddy field... Honestly... :icon_smile_clown:

38 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

From what am led to believe, the 60k will cover your bonds and stuff and, leave you with a little bit of change to purchase a good percentage of anything useful that's left to help with running a meeting. Best get in quick for the shale, before the local vultures get it. ;)

Ad think that any prospective owners would need to contact the BSPL and arrange a meeting with the landlords to discuss they're plans.

Who has led you to believe this? you been talking to the management again and taking in their " Bill-Shut"? Sounds like something JER and band of Liars would come out with... and the last statement is rather stating the obvious is it not... definitely something JER would say that... however the Liars have said the "Stadium People" have told them to get their stuff off site so the landlords don't want anyone on there if they are to be believed; so discuss what plans? what plans are there to discuss? if the stadium don't want you there what can you discuss... its gone! and you are spreading the management line... and as @Gaz said they are not doing this to facilitate the sale of the club its a "Fire Sale" pure and simple and if you don't know what is meant by a fire sale a quick google brings up...

A fire sale is the sale of goods at extremely discounted prices. The term originated in reference to the sale of goods at a heavy discount due to fire damage. It may or may not be defined as a closeout, the final sale of goods to zero inventory. A sale of goods at reduced prices, especially because the shop has been damaged by fire. a sale of a business or part of a business at a low price because it needs money or is bankrupt.

They may not be financially bankrupt yet but Morally and Ethically JER and his "Merry Men" are definitely Bankrupt for sure... and as for the muddy field scenario the £3k of Cumbria sea washed turf ordered will have the spot looking like a "veritable verdant oasis" in one weekend... including the football pitch that will go on the centre green... Honestly...  :icon_smile_clown:

Don't believe the lies that are being spun... "the truth is out there" (and yes @jenga we know that's a line from the X-files)

Honestly take off the red nose and have a day off... :icon_smile_clown:

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Thanks 2

The old Wheatley Hill Greyhound Stadium has been doormant since it had a fire some years ago, now Im not local to Newcastle but is it to far from Newcastle ?, incidentally i emailed Newcastle speedway about this site perhaps 18 months ago, result I heard bugger all.

Edited by heathen52
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

The old Wheatley Hill Greyhound Stadium has been doormant since it had a fire some years ago, now Im not local to Newcastle but is it to far from Newcastle ?, incidentally i emailed Newcastle speedway about this site, result I heard bugger all.

half way between Newcastle and Teesside. Just an oval field now, no structures, not really viable