British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

4 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

The old Wheatley Hill Greyhound Stadium has been doormant since it had a fire some years ago, now Im not local to Newcastle but is it to far from Newcastle ?, incidentally i emailed Newcastle speedway about this site perhaps 18 months ago, result I heard bugger all.

It's about 27 miles from Newcastle.

23 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly 

Jesus!!!... Really...

What are you on about?; what do you think the Edinburgh project will look like when it starts; it will be a muddy field with muddy hills all over it; do you think they will build it off site and then drop a fully finished stadium into position... green grass and all? think you need to give your head a shake... that was just a picture of the finished job...

Have you not been to Scunny or Redcar? make shift scaffolding standing areas let alone seating and Redcar have just bought some of the Worky seating for their back straight? at the moment I wouldn't mind a muddy field with a track on it and the potential to go somewhere; and I doubt I am not the only one thinking that: its not about dreaming... or maybe it is in your case who knows... every build project starts with a muddy field and the REAL question is where are YOU gonna get £150k from let alone £1.5 million... whatever the budget is £150k; £1.5mill or £15 Million where are you going to get that sort of cash from... JER cant raise £150 quid at the minute and he's selling everything that isn't bolted; screwed or welded down into place...

If you want a pretty picture of what Northside will look like I can do that on the auto-cad here in the office however some of us can see the bigger picture... and understand what it takes to build something from scratch... and all builds start in a muddy field... Honestly... :icon_smile_clown:

Who has led you to believe this? you been talking to the management again and taking in their " Bill-Shut"? Sounds like something JER and band of Liars would come out with... and the last statement is rather stating the obvious is it not... definitely something JER would say that... however the Liars have said the "Stadium People" have told them to get their stuff off site so the landlords don't want anyone on there if they are to be believed; so discuss what plans? what plans are there to discuss? if the stadium don't want you there what can you discuss... its gone! and you are spreading the management line... and as @Gaz said they are not doing this to facilitate the sale of the club its a "Fire Sale" pure and simple and if you don't know what is meant by a fire sale a quick google brings up...

A fire sale is the sale of goods at extremely discounted prices. The term originated in reference to the sale of goods at a heavy discount due to fire damage. It may or may not be defined as a closeout, the final sale of goods to zero inventory. A sale of goods at reduced prices, especially because the shop has been damaged by fire. a sale of a business or part of a business at a low price because it needs money or is bankrupt.

They may not be financially bankrupt yet but Morally and Ethically JER and his "Merry Men" are definitely Bankrupt for sure... and as for the muddy field scenario the £3k of Cumbria sea washed turf ordered will have the spot looking like a "veritable verdant oasis" in one weekend... including the football pitch that will go on the centre green... Honestly...  :icon_smile_clown:

Don't believe the lies that are being spun... "the truth is out there" (and yes @jenga we know that's a line from the X-files)

Honestly take off the red nose and have a day off... :icon_smile_clown:

Regards
THJ

Arr aye, thanks John. You normally have a lot to say. 'Better the devil you know' eh?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As Steve has stated it is just over 28 miles from Newcastle just south of Durham on the way to Teeside,

the stadium was closed in 2019 after a fire and hasn't been re-opened since.

Somebody mentioned the Sunderland Greyhound Stadium but that has been tried before in 1964 when it

closed after a few matches and it was used from 1971 until 1974 but once again due to poor crowds closed

the track and the licence was obtained by Ian Thomas, before this it was ran by Mrs Taylor who ran Berwick

for many years, I'm sure that the present Greyhound people will not allow a track to be laid at the Stadium.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scampispeedway said:

As Steve has stated it is just over 28 miles from Newcastle just south of Durham on the way to Teeside,

Somebody mentioned the Sunderland Greyhound Stadium but that has been tried before in 1964 when it

closed after a few matches and it was used from 1971 until 1974 but once again due to poor crowds closed

the track and the licence was obtained by Ian Thomas, before this it was ran by Mrs Taylor who ran Berwick

for many years, I'm sure that the present Greyhound people will not allow a track to be laid at the Stadium.

ARC also own Boldon (Sunderland Greyhound) Stadium!!

4 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

Sunderland Greyhound Stadium + Arc = :nono:

Hi Steve, a look at the Sunderland Greyhound stadium site and returns the following information, the Greyhounds

run every week on the Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so that leaves only Friday and Saturday free and

I'm sure BSPA would not want another track running on either of those days.

Edited by scampispeedway

18 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Arr aye, thanks John. You normally have a lot to say. 'Better the devil you know' eh?

Like a said Ruff... give ya heed a shake because some of the comments are not very well thought through and look like a direct response from JER and his team.. and on the build comment it was not necessary and came across as a bit petty and a mickey take... you/we/new buyers need cash to get or buy a muddy field in the first instance and put a track in and that's the same as Edinburgh... and how you get to that end result is matterless... it has to start somewhere before it can finish... and if you don't have the money... you are looking at the good will of people like what is happening at Workington which is a combination of one guys cash and an awful lot of good will...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Like a said Ruff... give ya heed a shake because some of the comments are not very well thought through and look like a direct response from JER and his team.. and on the build comment it was not necessary and came across as a bit petty and a mickey take... you/we/new buyers need cash to get or buy a muddy field in the first instance and put a track in and that's the same as Edinburgh... and how you get to that end result is matterless... it has to start somewhere before it can finish... and if you don't have the money... you are looking at the good will of people like what is happening at Workington which is a combination of one guys cash and an awful lot of good will...

and am sure you know it was?

16 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

What about me tape measure?

Av got yan you can have but the lines and numbers have worn of on the 1st 12 inch :D

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, StevePark said:

It's about 27 miles from Newcastle.

Is that the one that was heavily featured in an episode of Vera on ITV? 

17 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Sunderland Greyhound Stadium + Arc = :nono:

Well Ruff you are all over the shop today mind!!!

If Sunderland + ARC = a little yellow face and a wagging finger and Newcastle Greyhound Stadium is the exact same equation why are you stating on here that people should talk to the Stadium owners?

You need to stop talking to JER because you will be sucked in by the Lies and then sold short... I know and have the tea shirt to prove it...

I could give you last years conversation with JER we had on the track after the Birmingham meeting with regard to the stadium owners and their view on who or more pointedly who they would not allow to take on the club and run from their stadium but you don't like long winded posts...

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

and am sure you know it was?

That can be take two ways as well... no need really as you are bigger than that...

That's why I try and give chapter and verse so things cant get misconstrued...

Anyway POETS day... time for a drive West and a pint in the Lifeboat...

Regards
THJ

HGould, the Vera episode you mention was staged at the Sunderland Greyhound Stadium.

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well Ruff you are all over the shop today mind!!!

If Sunderland + ARC = a little yellow face and a wagging finger and Newcastle Greyhound Stadium is the exact same equation why are you stating on here that people should talk to the Stadium owners?

Ok John, that little comment on the Sunderland dogs thing, was more of a 'beware' thing. 

I would/will make a personal apology to anyone that could run speedway at Brough Park (under current restrictions) and make a success of it.

9 hours ago, Gaz said:

He was telling me: 

There was 3 interested parties (statement says 2).

If I have 60k and can lose 5k per week put money where mouth is and stadium have ordered removal.

He said with successful team would of lost 10k per week.

No sites available at all and they had looked for 12 months.

He hadnt seen me at brough on a Saturday night helping in the rain. I replied with I hadn’t seen him at brough for 40 years and he said he had came to help his friend so if I would like to match his contribution as a great fan get in touch with Rob :blink:.

Then he deleted all his comments ;)

I put a comment on saying i know couple of people who had been to the track and there was no pressure to remove stuff.

I also said that first year wasn’t his fault but this year has been a shambles, firstly with the team put together, felt sorry for smith and Bickley and should of listened to advice.

These 2 will be putting off people wanting to help with their demands and telling them “well you lose 5-6k per week! :angry:

I seen him talking to Newcastle riders in the pits during meetings thinking to myself What is he actually saying to them.

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ok John, that little comment on the Sunderland dogs thing, was more of a 'beware' thing. 

I would/will make a personal apology to anyone that could run speedway at Brough Park (under current restrictions) and make a success of it.

I am sure every millionaire who reads the forum and is in the queue to buy Newcastle Speedway will be pleased at your humbleness and noted your cloying humility, unctuousness, obsequiousness, and will not be put of by your obeisance and insincerity, 

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2