British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That shale is priceless,,, blended with a little bit of sand will give you a nice loam. 

Them sheets could come in handy for me ( how many pennies not pounds for them !! Unripped )

2 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Kerr Lawson worrall maybe would have been a top 3 in 2019.. enough said

They wouldn't have came cheap probably at a guess 70-80 pound a point plus a signing on fee but you get what you pay for and they would guarantee you probably around 30 points between them a meeting home and away but would our crowds sustain that?  It's a catch 22. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Them sheets could come in handy for me ( how many pennies not pounds for them !! Unripped )

Tha not for sale mate (yet), as John says they'll probably end up in the bin,,, so fill ya boots. Ye could've had me wellies but they've already gone. :t:

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Tha not for sale mate (yet), as John says they'll probably end up in the bin,,, so fill ya boots. Ye could've had me wellies but they've already gone. :t:

Your feet are bigger than mine

16 hours ago, Winditon said:

Ive followed Newcastle for about 45 years. I would go regardless of the quality of our team but unfortunately  there were too many who would stop going when we were poor and i totally respect their decision.

Hmmmm

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Kerr Lawson worrall maybe would have been a top 3 in 2019.. enough said

You probably only needed to add one of them to this years team with a decent reserve and we would have been competitive at home and kept the crowds, but no as THJ has already said Grant knew what he was doing putting a cheap poor team together banking on getting about 600 through the door to take the cash so he was trying to make mugs out of everyone from the start

ive heard people calling him a legend to be an actual legend you have to have done something remotely legendary to deserve the title ……….the man will godown in folklore as something but it doesn’t remotely resemble that title 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

You probably only needed to add one of them to this years team with a decent reserve and we would have been competitive at home and kept the crowds, but no as THJ has already said Grant knew what he was doing putting a cheap poor team together banking on getting about 600 through the door to take the cash so he was trying to make mugs out of everyone from the start

ive heard people calling him a legend to be an actual legend you have to have done something remotely legendary to deserve the title ……….the man will godown in folklore as something but it doesn’t remotely resemble that title 

But tbf he tried to sign Steve Worrall this year didn't he? And offered more money than Poole apparently, so that wasn't being cheap! 

43 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But tbf he tried to sign Steve Worrall this year didn't he? And offered more money than Poole apparently, so that wasn't being cheap! 

So why didn't Steve sign then 

1 minute ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I think we can guess.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Probably because he would get paid each week at poole ,like the Redcar promotion paying the newcastle select team the next day .

Edited by highside
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

He killed speedway in Newcastle. 

if i was stuck in a field with only his van for food, id rather starve to death then give him any money. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Obviously you do not understand bullish!te, easily led it would appear, just like a few on this thread that now have changed their tune.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Because of the uncertainty and he was proved right

• Like 1