British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

Hey guys, I know there's a bit of pee taking going on here, but give Steve a break, he keeps us grass roots supporters up to date in the absence of official statements from Rob's PR department (:o).

Edited by Aceslider
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, screm said:

Taken from Facebook.

Newcastle Speedway has now been officially asked by the stadium to remove all speedway related items as soon as possible, which we will be adhering to.
This is a timely reminder to any individual or consortium who may have aspirations to breathing new life into the Diamonds and keeping the club going to please consider your position without delay and contact the relevant people as soon as possible as were are in a critical section of Newcastle Speedway's long history.
If there is a genuine lifeline it needs to be activated.

An announcement on season ticket refunds wouldn't go a miss

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Winditon said:

Dont hold your breath on that .

13 hours ago, Winditon said:

Not getting them anytime soon by looks of it, now it depends on sale of club and assets. Originally the money was coming from other businesses.. they really do struggle to remember what they said a few weeks ago 

Bunch of crooks! 

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 3

If it is true and Brough Park wants to clear all the stuff that had anything to do with Speedway,

would they make anybody welcome if they tried to bring the sport back to Newcastle and

re-clutter it back again.

I can pop into Brough Park in a month or so and see if anything remains of the time Speedway

was run there and have a look at the general look of the Stadium..

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Not getting them anytime soon by looks of it, now it depends on sale of club and assets. Originally the money was coming from other businesses.. they really do struggle to remember what they said a few weeks ago 

Bunch of crooks! 

Exactly 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Bunch of crooks! 

I am afraid if there isn't enough money in the club to reimburse its customers then Rob Grant will need to get the wallet out and pay, he was happy to take the fans money over the winter when offering a season full of racing so should take the responsibility now Newcastle cant complete the season.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, scampispeedway said:

If it is true and Brough Park wants to clear all the stuff that had anything to do with Speedway,

would they make anybody welcome if they tried to bring the sport back to Newcastle 

Possibly, if the price was right, they might put a little bit extra on the rent tho, for inflation and that. ;)

1 hour ago, screm said:

I am afraid if there isn't enough money in the club to reimburse its customers then Rob Grant will need to get the wallet out and pay, he was happy to take the fans money over the winter when offering a season full of racing so should take the responsibility now Newcastle cant complete the season.

Totally agree and was happy to get the begging bowl out the season before which i contributed a decent amount

• Like 1

And theirs still folk defending grant in the latest fb post. Idiots! 

seems an impossible task or someone who would need thousands to start speedway again there if theres no stuff to start speedway there! 

so ‘bleeped’ off

but he made loads at the hoppings too! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

And theirs still folk defending grant in the latest fb post. Idiots! 

seems an impossible task or someone who would need thousands to start speedway again there if theres no stuff to start speedway there! 

so ‘bleeped’ off

but he made loads at the hoppings too! 

Tbh what he made at the hoppings is irrelevant, unfortunately.

• Like 3

HI

I am after this years badge for my uncle who due to illness could not make it to any meetings this year.  I assume the track shop was ran in house and wondered if anyone knew of a way I could contact them.

Thanks

4 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

HI

I am after this years badge for my uncle who due to illness could not make it to any meetings this year.  I assume the track shop was ran in house and wondered if anyone knew of a way I could contact them.

Thanks

Grant is selling the badges for £150, they are “final season badges”, extremely rare they are, 500 for sale.

2 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Grant is selling the badges for £150, they are “final season badges”, extremely rare they are, 500 for sale.

Didn't even think there was 500 fans?

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Didn't even think there was 500 fans?

Does that include club volunteers aswell !! But still fell short of the 500 lol