British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

14 hours ago, Winditon said:

Yeah you're probably right. Don't hold out much hope. I paid for two aswell. Maybe I'll go to his farm shop order loads of stuff and just walk out with it and tell him to knock it off what he owes me. Ha ha.

Watch out for the CCTV cameras mind if there's any & working 

To Whom It May Concern

Newcastle Diamonds Limited (“the Company”)

I have been asked by the Director of the Company to assist with putting the Company into Liquidation and wind up its affairs.

The Company ran the Newcastle Diamonds team from the Newcastle Greyhound Stadium, taking part in the Championship League.  The Speedway Team will not take part in any more events.

The main reasons put forward for the situation are reducing crowds leading to losses and the need to cease activities to avoid further losses.

British Speedway has been advised of the situation.

Parties owed money by the Company will be contacted separately shortly, including season ticket holders.  Such parties can send an initial email to me with details of their what they consider is their claim against the Company.

If customers paid by card, they may be able to make reclaims from card providers.  You should contact them to confirm what they need from you.

The director wishes to pass on his upmost apologies and considers that he did everything he possibly could to keep speedway alive at Newcastle, but with dwindling crowd levels well below breakeven left him little choice but to cease trading.

Chartered Certified Accountant

Licensed Insolvency Practitioner 

Just received this email this afternoon with regard to season tickets 

Edited by Diamond_Delight

What a pr!ck, took the go fund me money, and ran the club into the ground with his arrogance and incompetence. Now rips the season ticket holders off, what a legacy he has left.

Edited by Diamondboy
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Diamond_Delight said:

To Whom It May Concern

Newcastle Diamonds Limited (“the Company”)

I have been asked by the Director of the Company to assist with putting the Company into Liquidation and wind up its affairs.

The Company ran the Newcastle Diamonds team from the Newcastle Greyhound Stadium, taking part in the Championship League.  The Speedway Team will not take part in any more events.

The main reasons put forward for the situation are reducing crowds leading to losses and the need to cease activities to avoid further losses.

British Speedway has been advised of the situation.

Parties owed money by the Company will be contacted separately shortly, including season ticket holders.  Such parties can send an initial email to me with details of their what they consider is their claim against the Company.

If customers paid by card, they may be able to make reclaims from card providers.  You should contact them to confirm what they need from you.

The director wishes to pass on his upmost apologies and considers that he did everything he possibly could to keep speedway alive at Newcastle, but with dwindling crowd levels well below breakeven left him little choice but to cease trading.

Chartered Certified Accountant

Licensed Insolvency Practitioner 

Just received this email this afternoon with regard to season tickets 

I have received it aswell. I had bought an adult ticket and a senior citizen ticket for my father. Not entirely sure what refund I'm entitled back and even whether it will be what I'm fully entitled to. Maybe  someone can work it out. Not sure how many matches were left etc..

Just now, Winditon said:

I have received it aswell. I had bought an adult ticket and a senior citizen ticket for my father. Not entirely sure what refund I'm entitled back and even whether it will be what I'm fully entitled to. Maybe  someone can work it out. Not sure how many matches were left etc..

You will get nowt, the liquidator will get his lot and the rest can whistle.

• Like 1

It could be asked of the liquidator if the business was run knowingly insolvent and was the go fund me money put into the business. If debts are run up when failure is inevitable then questions should be asked. However the liquidator will not do anything if they only get the minimum statutory charge. They won’t be bothered.

Dwindling crowd levels :rofl: wonder why they were dwindling eh...

I want all my go fund me money back, all £500 of it

I want my season ticket money back

what an absolute spanner. Of course its the crowds fault, not his...

28 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

You will get nowt, the liquidator will get his lot and the rest can whistle.

Yeah not expecting anything to be honest. I wouldn't normally reveal figures but i also put 300 quid into the go fund me so i feel quite let down to be honest by Mr Grant. Hope he can sleep easy at nights. Absolute scumbag.

• Like 2

Blame the fans!

will they update the fb page with this? 

Grant killed newcastle speedway 

(what makes it worse is hearing how he turned down help/etc)

• Like 2

I did think about going to the Northumberland Show at Bywell that was advertised to take place on

the 3/06/2022 when the Club would be putting on a display.

As it happens I didn't bother because of the distance to get around all the displays and being outside

for such a long time, looking on FaceBook they did have some footage of the Club and only Max

Clegg and James Wright had their bikes there and they went around for a few laps on the grass, which

has no comparison to riding a shale circuit but I suppose it was the best that could be done on the day.

I don't know how many of those people who attended had ever seen or heard of Speedway and then were

interested in going to Brough Park the next Sunday but I have my doubts many would bother once the

total price of taking a family on a regular basis were carefully looked into.

33 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Blame the fans!

TBF tho, wasn't like it was thriving beforehand?,,, been struggling for many years previous, which is pretty obvious.

1 hour ago, HectorRacing said:

Blame the fans!

To be fair to grant with the previous promotion leaving him a hefty vat bill to pay did not help at all but he's made several huge errors which have contributed to the sport at Newcastle going down the pan.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

To be fair to grant with the previous promotion leaving him a hefty vat bill to pay did not help at all but he's made several huge errors which have contributed to the sport at Newcastle going down the pan.

Was never not going down the pan IMO, just slip sliding away. :(

2 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

I did think about going to the Northumberland Show at Bywell that was advertised to take place on

the 3/06/2022 when the Club would be putting on a display.

As it happens I didn't bother because of the distance to get around all the displays and being outside

for such a long time, looking on FaceBook they did have some footage of the Club and only Max

Clegg and James Wright had their bikes there and they went around for a few laps on the grass, which

has no comparison to riding a shale circuit but I suppose it was the best that could be done on the day.

I don't know how many of those people who attended had ever seen or heard of Speedway and then were

interested in going to Brough Park the next Sunday but I have my doubts many would bother once the

total price of taking a family on a regular basis were carefully looked into.

It didn’t help that they had the show on the Friday and were that stupid not to have a meeting on the Sunday. Even one of the riders mentioned that there should of been a meeting when people were interested.

Leave something 10 days and people won’t bother, why not give out cheaper tickets instead of leaflets. Opportunity missed to at least try and increase attendances.

Granty was to bothered with burger van most of day.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It didn’t help that they had the show on the Friday and were that stupid not to have a meeting on the Sunday. Even one of the riders mentioned that there should of been a meeting when people were interested.

Leave something 10 days and people won’t bother, why not give out cheaper tickets instead of leaflets. Opportunity missed to at least try and increase attendances.

Granty was to bothered with burger van most of day.

Looking back now i honestly think a big part of Grant taking over Newcastle speedway was to see how much he could benefit from having the catering rights. When you look back he tried every kind of catering outlet. From burgers, Greek food, ice cream, waffles and whatever else. I take it he's a so called businessman but i think his interest definitely was more about selling food than promoting speedway. 

• Like 3