British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

Reading between the lines rob was shafted by English and co , so he now shafts all the loyal supporters what a bloke . I remember him saying he cant see newcastle losing speedway , lier ive lost money ill close it down and shaft everyone what a top bussiness man  . robin hood springs to mind 

15 minutes ago, highside said:

Reading between the lines rob was shafted by English and co , so he now shafts all the loyal supporters what a bloke . I remember him saying he cant see newcastle losing speedway , lier ive lost money ill close it down and shaft everyone what a top bussiness man  . robin hood springs to mind 

A thought Robin Hood was regarded as a legend?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, highside said:

Yeah funny you should mention the monies ( well sort of ) as last September when there was a bit bother ( that I stopped) at the South gosforth club rob told me that along with my boy we were barred & I said well give me my season ticket money back.. & he said that it was the previous promotions money where that came from & I'll just say that a gentle word in his ear & all was solved .. so if anybody is owed money make sure you keep asking for it & eventually you'll get it

19 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

The links don't work.

Oops, sorry about that.

Strangely, they work on my office PC but not on my mobile. Must have done something wrong somewhere. Technology never has been my best friend :oops:

14 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yeah funny you should mention the monies ( well sort of ) as last September when there was a bit bother ( that I stopped) at the South gosforth club rob told me that along with my boy we were barred & I said well give me my season ticket money back.. & he said that it was the previous promotions money where that came from & I'll just say that a gentle word in his ear & all was solved .. so if anybody is owed money make sure you keep asking for it & eventually you'll get it

Ive repied to the email as asked by the liquidators early last week. Never had a reply. Not even to say they have received my email

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

I've replied to the email as asked by the liquidators early last week. Never had a reply. Not even to say they have received my email

Hello @Winditon what was the GDPR like on your email were you one of 45 or so other names all copied into the same email or were you "blind copied" into it? and unable to see anyone else's name. Under GDPR you may have a claim as your privacy has been breached. All those sent an email should have been "blind copied" in. There has been a breach in the GDPR regulations as everyone else on that email has had there information shared with each other and therefore breaching their anonymity and right to privacy.

If this was the case it may well be worth having an online chat with the ICO https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ and see what the position is...

If your GDPR has been breached then its just adding insult to injury... this is the next big thing for solicitors on the no win no fee merry-go-round after Will contesting and especially now that the ambulance chasers have been shut down... 

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word

On 7/30/2022 at 6:07 PM, King Jamie said:

Was the go fund me money ring-fenced or was it allowed to be used to help with running costs?

The only accounts for the 'new company' (period from incorporation to 30 November 2020) show capital and reserves of £(3,248). The share capital element is £100, so P&L a/c reserve would therefore be £(3,348).

The main creditor is a director's loan account of just under £14K. This is money that Rob has loaned the company in order to keep it afloat. Technically, he is entitled to reclaim this as and when there's money in the bank.

There's an accounting reporting gap between November 2020 and now. I suspect we won't ever see accounts to Nov 2021, although there's no mention of liquidation on Companies House as yet.

If the company was continually racking up bills and the incoming monies were dwindling, the go fund me 'pot' would most likely have been used to help with this. Again, if it was ring-fenced for other purposes, the fans would have every right to be more than upset. If not, then I'm afraid there's not much anyone can do about it.

I put the accounts up a long while back for all the expert accountants out their to have their say and not a squeak... the silence has been deafening after all the "Bulls-Squirt" about Honest George and how he would never leave a £158k VAT bill as he was too honest for that... which we now all know is true... yet the information in the form of the last accounts was handed to these clowns on a plate and nothing...

You are spot on with your analogy and everything you have said is correct...

The Go Fund Me pot and Directors Loan account are one and the same I would suggest (until proved otherwise)... The Go Fund Me monies were spent however they have never been identified (yet) on any accounts? funny that eh? could it be that JER is saying the Go Fund Me monies were his and that he put that cash in? something that the cynic might put forward as an argument... as technically he did...we gave it to him and he put it into the club!!!  and what about the near £30k plus brought in for the last ever (sic) meeting at Brough Park against Brum? where is that or the "super duper" investment deal and sponsorship? All "Bulls-Squirt"

I think (but cant honestly remember) that the liquidator has to provide a closing set of accounts... those will make interesting reading especially with all the tractors; plant and gear that is being sold for cash in hand from the stadium... "Who said VAT" oops I mean that... "Who said That"

Roll up roll up Shale for Sale quid a bag...

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

And yet you defended him for so long, I find that rather odd.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hello @Winditon what was the GDPR like on your email were you one of 45 or so other names all copied into the same email or were you "blind copied" into it? and unable to see anyone else's name. Under GDPR you may have a claim as your privacy has been breached. All those sent an email should have been "blind copied" in. There has been a breach in the GDPR regulations as everyone else on that email has had there information shared with each other and therefore breaching their anonymity and right to privacy.

If this was the case it may well be worth having an online chat with the ICO https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ and see what the position is...

If your GDPR has been breached then its just adding insult to injury... this is the next big thing for solicitors on the no win no fee merry-go-round after Will contesting and especially now that the ambulance chasers have been shut down... 

Regards
THJ

Thanks John I'll look into that. I'll dig the email out. Cheers 

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards
THJ

Just checked John. I was copied in along side 41 others which obviously their email addresses are visible.

5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I put the accounts up a long while back for all the expert accountants out their to have their say and not a squeak... the silence has been deafening after all the "Bulls-Squirt" about Honest George and how he would never leave a £158k VAT bill as he was too honest for that... which we now all know is true... yet the information in the form of the last accounts was handed to these clowns on a plate and nothing...

You are spot on with your analogy and everything you have said is correct...

The Go Fund Me pot and Directors Loan account are one and the same I would suggest (until proved otherwise)... The Go Fund Me monies were spent however they have never been identified (yet) on any accounts? funny that eh? could it be that JER is saying the Go Fund Me monies were his and that he put that cash in? something that the cynic might put forward as an argument... as technically he did...we gave it to him and he put it into the club!!!  and what about the near £30k plus brought in for the last ever (sic) meeting at Brough Park against Brum? where is that or the "super duper" investment deal and sponsorship? All "Bulls-Squirt"

I think (but cant honestly remember) that the liquidator has to provide a closing set of accounts... those will make interesting reading especially with all the tractors; plant and gear that is being sold for cash in hand from the stadium... "Who said VAT" oops I mean that... "Who said That"

Roll up roll up Shale for Sale quid a bag...

Regards
THJ

Pardon my ignorance but when was the go fund me pot set up? As the only available accounts are up to 30 Nov 2020, could it have been later than that? If so, then the director's loan would be separate.

The so called last meeting was in 2021 so, unfortunately, we'll most likely never know what happened to the income from it. Swallowed up by stadium rent, etc, presumably?

The liquidator will prepare a Statement of Affairs, just as they did for Newspeed, followed some time later by a final report. As I said yesterday, I await these with interest...

3 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

And yet you defended him for so long, I find that rather odd.

Yip humble pie ain't to bad but I definitely did defend him until I saw a side to him that wasn't what I thought was his true colours & yip I admit I was probably wrong in the long run unlike someone on the forum who never admits there wrong even when they are 

• Like 1

I was down in the Washington galleries center today & was asked by a shop owner if the rumour was true about a sort of consortium that he heard of ( from Hartlepool) were thinking of taking the Newcastle speedway on ?? Has anyone else heard of such a thing 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

19 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Pardon my ignorance but when was the go fund me pot set up? As the only available accounts are up to 30 Nov 2020, could it have been later than that? If so, then the director's loan would be separate.

The so called last meeting was in 2021 so, unfortunately, we'll most likely never know what happened to the income from it. Swallowed up by stadium rent, etc, presumably?

The liquidator will prepare a Statement of Affairs, just as they did for Newspeed, followed some time later by a final report. As I said yesterday, I await these with interest...

First donations were 14 Jun 2021.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

I was down in the Washington galleries center today & was asked by a shop owner if the roumer was true about a sort of consortium that he heard of ( from Hartlepool) were thinking of taking the Newcastle speedway on ?? Has anyone else heard of such a thing 

Did the guy have a French accent?