British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

11 hours ago, Aceslider said:

Firstly, and just to remind myself if nothing else, it should be noted that the Liquidators final account for Newspeed 2003 Limited was made up to 1 July 2021 and that company was actually struck off from the company register on 7 December 2021. There is no mention whatsoever in the final account of any monies being received from a GoFundMe source even though this apparently started producing donations in June 2021 according to Steve Park. One presumes that these funds were received by Newcastle Diamonds Limited, although that is entirely conjecture on my part.

Go to the link below, then, where it says "Supporters" below it hit the "see more" box continuously until you reach the bottom of the donations, date of the first donations are there:

https://justgiving.com/crowdfunding/newcastle-diamonds

• Like 3

On 8/2/2022 at 10:59 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well funny you should mention that and I have also been monitoring the HMRC website and not just for this one but for a client we done work for who were on the brink and owed our company money... we couldn't understand what had gone on because very similar to the Diamonds scenario this company went through non payment of VAT... Went pop then were miraculously brought back into being with the same directors and a slightly different company name... and to cut a very long story short the two directors in this case done a deal with HMRC to pay about 90k each off a 286k VAT underpayment... they got a 106k rebate off a bill by stumping up 180k between them... doesn't help us we got hit for 19k once we claimed back the VAT as bad debt... however and to come back to what we might be missing "has a deal been done" because it is the only way you would get away without being prosecuted... and you would never be able to find out unless someone was to freely offer the information...

Regards 

THJ

Funnily enough i was thinking the other day is there going to be any prosecution against Mr English and whoever else?

Am I correct in thinking that BWD is fit to face again?

Newcastle Diamonds Ltd Annulled by SCB

Newcastle Diamonds Limited has been officially annulled by the Speedway Control Bureau after the non completion of the fixtures of the 2022 season and failure of the regulations relating to this matter, meaning that speedway racing on Tyneside has come to an unfortunate conclusion.

This means that British Speedway Promoters Ltd are now officially allowed to take control of all in house speedway affairs involving  Newcastle Speedway.

Newcastle Diamonds Limited have sought professional help to help bring the company to a conclusion.  All companies or personnel that had a vested interest in the company will be contacted in due course.

Newcastle Stadium has now had the majority of speedway assets moved from the site at the request of the landlords and the landlords have dismantled the safety fence.

With Speedway racing unlikely to take place at Newcastle in the near future it is with deep regret that this statement is almost certain to be our final.

Everyone involved at Newcastle Speedway would like to wish everyone all the very best and pray with everyone that Newcastle Speedway come back to the tapes either at Newcastle Stadium or a new venue.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Newcastle Diamonds Ltd Annulled by SCB

Newcastle Diamonds Limited has been officially annulled by the Speedway Control Bureau after the non completion of the fixtures of the 2022 season and failure of the regulations relating to this matter, meaning that speedway racing on Tyneside has come to an unfortunate conclusion.

This means that British Speedway Promoters Ltd are now officially allowed to take control of all in house speedway affairs involving  Newcastle Speedway.

Newcastle Diamonds Limited have sought professional help to help bring the company to a conclusion.  All companies or personnel that had a vested interest in the company will be contacted in due course.

Newcastle Stadium has now had the majority of speedway assets moved from the site at the request of the landlords and the landlords have dismantled the safety fence.

With Speedway racing unlikely to take place at Newcastle in the near future it is with deep regret that this statement is almost certain to be our final.

Everyone involved at Newcastle Speedway would like to wish everyone all the very best and pray with everyone that Newcastle Speedway come back to the tapes either at Newcastle Stadium or a new venue.

Doubt we will see our season ticket money, the entire way the club was ran by him was a disgrace, the lack of info to fans/etc. if you still are a fan of him, why? He didnt care one bit!  Id love to say how i really feel but i dont wanna be banned on here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HectorRacing said:

Doubt we will see our season ticket money, the entire way the club was ran by him was a disgrace, the lack of info to fans/etc. if you still are a fan of him, why? He didnt care one bit!  Id love to say how i really feel but i dont wanna be banned on here.

If any one knows different, feel free to say I am in the wrong. In the year and a half he had fixtures at Brough I only ever heard him speak to the fans twice.. Once to thank the fans for giving him thousands of pounds at the last meeting of last season( or words to that effect) and again this season to promise the fans 100% a new rider.. Which to be fair he did. A rider who openly hated the track and had 1 meeting ( not including abandonments)

• Like 1

Why would the landlords remove the fencing. That doesn’t make sense at all. Why pay someone to remove it when they can remain where they are like they have for the previous 90 years. 
is this grant removing them so if anyone wanting to take over has extra expense   Now the company is kaput he won’t receive any money if he sells them 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Why would the landlords remove the fencing. That doesn’t make sense at all. Why pay someone to remove it when they can remain where they are like they have for the previous 90 years. 
is this grant removing them so if anyone wanting to take over has extra expense   Now the company is kaput he won’t receive any money if he sells them 

Maybe the fence was/will be removed to allow the dog racing to 'appear/look' cosmetically better on the TV channels?

Who wants to see a dirty old speedway track whilst watching dogs racing?

Edited by ruffdiamond

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe the fence was/will be removed to allow the dog racing to 'appear/look' cosmetically better on the TV channels?

Who wants to see a dirty old speedway track whilst watching dogs racing?

Who wants to see dogs racing?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Who wants to see dogs racing?

Dunno,,, ask someone at the bookies.

Ad bet it's a couple more than want to watch speedway. 

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Never heard of cash in hand.

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

So you say the landlords have removed the fence? Then you say it’s Grant? They are not the same business so ???

49 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

So you say the landlords have removed the fence? Then you say it’s Grant? They are not the same business so ???

The statement says the landlord has removed the fence but is it the landlord who removed it ????? 
I don’t know the answer but something doesn’t add up to me. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The statement says the landlord has removed the fence but is it the landlord who removed it ????? 
I don’t know the answer but something doesn’t add up to me. 

That post/statement says the landlord removed the fence, not Grant, Grant can hang himself without others suggesting that he has done something he obviously hasn’t according to that post/statement.

1 minute ago, Diamondboy said:

That post/statement says the landlord removed the fence, not Grant, Grant can hang himself without others suggesting that he has done something he obviously hasn’t according to that post/statement.

But who wrote that statement ?