British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

15 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye but the Scots didn't invent it like they think they did... and I agree they ain't silly...

Don't know where you got your information to be honest. It was credited to Scotish comedian Tommy Lorne.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Don't know where you got your information to be honest. It was credited to Scotish comedian Tommy Lorne.

I thought he was a wrestler?

10 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

My Granny was making flat Sausages years ago... a cousin wouldn't eat sausage said it was disgusting so Gran made him her special flat pork patties... just for him like and it was only years later we found out she was just cutting the skins off the round ones bashing them together then rolling them flat and shaping them square to fit the bread... he was gutted when she told him as a teenager and we all wet ourselves laughing...

So they may have been named after yer man... but a bet smart grannies have been doing them since the dark ages to get parky kids to eat sausage... that my theory and am sticking to it...

Regards 

THJ  

The term ‘square sausage’ pretty much does what it says on the tin, but for context, instead of being put into casings like traditional link sausages, the sausagemeat mixture is formed into a block and sliced to make more of a ‘patty’.

So what about the name Lorne? Well, this history lesson can double as a quick geography lesson too, because Lorne is actually the name of the ancient region of Lorn in Scotland, now part of present-day Argyll & Bute. No-one knows for sure, but among other theories, it is thought that the first variation of this Scottish favourite may have originated here, giving the breakfast classic its name.

• Like 1

This thread has half taken a downward turn.

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Could go a roll and square with tatty scone and broon sauce now

And some Haggis.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

I thought he was a wrestler?

Didn't they do burgers?

16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Didn't they do burgers?

LOL They were Westler's

20 things you used to be able to do on Teesside, but can't anymore -  Teesside Live

Edited by StevePark
to add pic
  • Thanks 1

Tuesday the news breaks JER makes the decission to close with immediate effect...

Wednesday the press release I done it to secure the sale of the club for blah de blah woè is me reasons but it will make the club viable for someone else to take it forward....

Wednesday afternoon waited an hour and no one has rang to buy the club... the queue of multi millionaires sitting on the wall outside Brough haven't rang...

OMG... What to do... what to do... I know FIRE SALE... the lying get had no intention of selling the club ready for next season...

The tractors have been sold... the grading wheel and blade are on their way to Mildenhall and the Air Fence, Containners, Track Lights and Starting Gate are all open to the highest bidder...

The odious lying little turd... I hope the food hygiene people nail his laal curly tail to a notice board...

This place isn't coming back for sure as all the equipment is being flogged off...

Am raging the way this tosser has gone on... what an A-wipe...

More to follow when ave cooled down... or had more to drink... honestly what a merchant banker...

THJ

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Tuesday the news breaks JER makes the decission to close with immediate effect...

Wednesday the press release I done it to secure the sale of the club for blah de blah woè is me reasons but it will make the club viable for someone else to take it forward....

Wednesday afternoon waited an hour and no one has rang to buy the club... the queue of multi millionaires sitting on the wall outside Brough haven't rang...

OMG... What to do... what to do... I know FIRE SALE... the lying get had no intention of selling the club ready for next season...

The tractors have been sold... the grading wheel and blade are on their way to Mildenhall and the Air Fence, Containners, Track Lights and Starting Gate are all open to the highest bidder...

The odious lying little turd... I hope the food hygiene people nail his laal curly tail to a notice board...

This place isn't coming back for sure as all the equipment is being flogged off...

Am raging the way this tosser has gone on... what an A-wipe...

More to follow when ave cooled down... or had more to drink... honestly what a merchant banker...

THJ

Pr*ick, him not you, I always thought he was full of shi*te.

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

LOL They were Westler's

20 things you used to be able to do on Teesside, but can't anymore -  Teesside Live

Is that Northumberland Street, bottom end

12 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Is that Northumberland Street, bottom end

Top end? C&A on the right?