British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Tuesday the news breaks JER makes the decission to close with immediate effect...

Wednesday the press release I done it to secure the sale of the club for blah de blah woè is me reasons but it will make the club viable for someone else to take it forward....

Wednesday afternoon waited an hour and no one has rang to buy the club... the queue of multi millionaires sitting on the wall outside Brough haven't rang...

OMG... What to do... what to do... I know FIRE SALE... the lying get had no intention of selling the club ready for next season...

The tractors have been sold... the grading wheel and blade are on their way to Mildenhall and the Air Fence, Containners, Track Lights and Starting Gate are all open to the highest bidder...

The odious lying little turd... I hope the food hygiene people nail his laal curly tail to a notice board...

This place isn't coming back for sure as all the equipment is being flogged off...

Am raging the way this tosser has gone on... what an A-wipe...

More to follow when ave cooled down... or had more to drink... honestly what a merchant banker...

THJ

Sorry to see them in difficulty but Newcastle are still included in Championship table on BSPA's website. Perhaps BSPA think Newcastle will complete their "postponed" fixtures without starting gates, air fence, track grading machinery, etc?

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Tuesday the news breaks JER makes the decission to close with immediate effect...

Wednesday the press release I done it to secure the sale of the club for blah de blah woè is me reasons but it will make the club viable for someone else to take it forward....

Wednesday afternoon waited an hour and no one has rang to buy the club... the queue of multi millionaires sitting on the wall outside Brough haven't rang...

OMG... What to do... what to do... I know FIRE SALE... the lying get had no intention of selling the club ready for next season...

The tractors have been sold... the grading wheel and blade are on their way to Mildenhall and the Air Fence, Containners, Track Lights and Starting Gate are all open to the highest bidder...

The odious lying little turd... I hope the food hygiene people nail his laal curly tail to a notice board...

This place isn't coming back for sure as all the equipment is being flogged off...

More to follow when ave cooled down... or had more to drink... honestly what a merchant banker...

THJ

Well nobody can accuse you of “mincing” your words THJ.

Sounds like they’ve been written in the heat of the moment but understandable. If the reported facts are indeed true then it’s not too difficult to comprehend where you are coming from.

Apart from the supporters and riders who I feel sorry for, I wonder what the position is with the other investors who have put their money in to this sorry venture. Bringing over 2 Kiwis, repurchasing equipment from the liquidator and numerous other costs I should imagine begs the question over how much input they had into this apparent murky demise.

Gutted that this whole venture has ended on such an apparent sordid note.

In some ways it’s akin to the demise of a total community however small and just prey that something good can rise from the ashes and bring speedway back to Brough in the very near future!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Is that Northumberland Street, bottom end

Middlesbrough Town Centre

Gutted its all over, ive been a fan of newcastle for over 10 years now. And now in the space of 2 years they have been reduced to nothing. 

i had tears earlier, it was a mass part of peoples lifes from all walks of life. But more anger now reading that the assets are now sold/maybe others.

Making it a more impossible job, will shale be next sold? 

i feel for the folk who dont know info like this, thinking ‘theres hope’ but doesnt look possible as the days go on.

Id also like to put a none pg rant but id be banned. 

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

THJ

Didn't even have the bottle to let his riders know he was closing down. They found out via a text message from Steve Pate. 

30 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Redcar really did lay out the red carpet for the Diamonds tonight with dozens of Geordies making the 1hr trip south to say an emotional goodbye in a hastily arranged meeting involving a Newcastle team made up of  former Diamond's riders vs The Bears. After heat 15 the Diamonds supporters were invited to the start/finish line for a photo with the riders and as the tannoy system belted out Shirley  Bassey's" Diamonds are forever" they were give a rapturous applause from the Redcar fans.  

It was also a much better meeting than the scoreline suggests, with some absolutely cracking races.

Hope it’s not the last we have seen of the Diamonds but reading this thread things look pretty bleak in that regard.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Didn't even have the bottle to let his riders know he was closing down. They found out via a text message from Steve Pate. 

His phone is permanently off well to certain angry speedway people.. not a nice way to end such a huge part of speedway history & a top top club.. he should have kept it closed last year took advise from some very good ( Newcastle fans ) & came back in 2023/24 with a new track etc & he would have been on to a winner !! But unfortunately he put a poor team together & that's blaming the riders who gave it a go & that's why fans stayed away so I hope it's not the end of the Newcastle diamonds forever 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

It was also a much better meeting than the scoreline suggests, with some absolutely cracking races.

Hope it’s not the last we have seen of the Diamonds but reading this thread things look pretty bleak in that regard.

Even when there's no passing it's still such a fast race track & great to watch 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Thats horrendous! All it took was 2 years and Newcastle have been turned into rubble. I hate whats happened, this club meant alot to people and now zip! 

and theres that statement which was released tuesday. Lord give me strength. 

Edited by HectorRacing
Im annoyed at losing my club
  • Like 2

And I got blocked from Newcastle Facebook page for having an opinion and saying he ignored people who wanted to help!

The only comments left were positive ones and ones calling him a legend :blink:

Does Rob update the page himself? :nono:

As anyone saying positive things about that idiot is not a true Diamonds fan! 

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

Tommy Lorne, 180-1935. Don't know what age your granny was but I bet you couldn't teach her to suck eggs to be honest.

Edit. 1880. Thanks Roughie. :t:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Tommy Lorne, 180-1935. Don't know what age your granny was but I bet you couldn't teach her to suck eggs to be honest.

Baa, he lived a long time, didn't he,,, 1755 years?

Must've been good sausage? ;)

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Gaz said:

And I got blocked from Newcastle Facebook page for having an opinion and saying he ignored people who wanted to help!

The only comments left were positive ones and ones calling him a legend :blink:

Does Rob update the page himself? :nono:

As anyone saying positive things about that idiot is not a true Diamonds fan! 

Seemed it was his way or no way & there was plenty of help offered 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Baa, he lived a long time, didn't he,,, 1755 years?

Must've been good sausage? ;)

Qooops, 1880 :D