British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

Just read the Rob grant interview in the speedway star.  Wow.  Takes no responsibility whatsoever. Blames it on Sunday race days and greedy riders along with Glasgow speedway for not wanting to ride on a dangerous track !!!!!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Just read the Rob grant interview in the speedway star.  Wow.  Takes no responsibility whatsoever. Blames it on Sunday race days and greedy riders along with Glasgow speedway for not wanting to ride on a dangerous track !!!!!

To be fair tho, makes some valid points. ;)

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Which had they been behind!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Anyone able to post a copy of the article?

6 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Having read that i can see where he is coming from,l wouldnt like anyone else to know my income but what are the basic rates for riders?,as for vans, accomadation living expences help in the pits sorry but thats down rider to sort! As for "bwd" would be seeing u in court taking money knowing not fit.

What happened the 'Commercial' team that was in place last season. Also has anyone heard about whats happening to the Gate & Go draw?

20 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Anyone able to post a copy of the article?

Basically saying they were running at a loss of £4/£5 k a meeting, losses for Leicester meeting were £7000.00.

certain riders were wanting £80/£90 a point plus signing on fee, a van , living expenses, mechanics paid for,  flights and accommodation .

Average crowds were 380 , 251 people for the Leicester meeting.

£5000.00 damage from a storm.

Guests wanting extortionate fees, guarantees or won’t ride. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, topaz325 said:

Basically saying they were running at a loss of £4/£5 k a meeting, losses for Leicester meeting were £7000.00.

certain riders were wanting £80/£90 a point plus signing on fee, a van , living expenses, mechanics paid for,  flights and accommodation .

Average crowds were 380 , 251 people for the Leicester meeting.

£5000.00 damage from a storm.

Guests wanting extortionate fees, guarantees or won’t ride. 

That’s what happens when you get into something you think you know about,but then discover you don’t.Maybe  should have dug deeper before he got involved.He did give it a try though, much to his cost if everything is to be believed.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

I see the containers that formed the pits are for sale on a few Facebook sale pages

The whole lot is for sale... everything... shale as well if you can get it up... Total "fire sale"

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

I see the containers that formed the pits are for sale on a few Facebook sale pages

In fact here you go I have had this for a while and as one or two on here thought I was kidding feast your eyes on the list

This was the list he has sent out all with pretty pictures along side (to big to attach on here) However you will get the gist...

Few bits of the gear we have.
I’ve got the pits containers listed for sale too.  They do for field shelters.  
Don’t know if they any good for you for pits or spectator shelter 

I have another complete 40ft container there too

Complete air fence with 6 blowers and all the cables 
Complete starting gates
Complete exclusion lighting rig
Referee control panel 
Both green lights
All the red lights and cables 
£7000

Black water bowser £1500
4 wheel blade £500
Red slurry tanker £500
Blade for back of tractor £400
Tyre packer £100

Our PA system. 4 big speakers for centre green with amplifier/mixer desk and azure mic set with 60 metre reach with receiver and cables   £500
If anything is any good to you just let me know

Fire sale everything must go... prices subject to change I would say the more desperate he gets

Regards
THJ

I wonder if he is still a legend in peoples eyes on Facebook :angry:

Yes probably as to frightened to say what they think!

59 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

In fact here you go I have had this for a while and as one or two on here thought I was kidding feast your eyes on the list

This was the list he has sent out all with pretty pictures along side (to big to attach on here) However you will get the gist...

Few bits of the gear we have.
I’ve got the pits containers listed for sale too.  They do for field shelters.  
Don’t know if they any good for you for pits or spectator shelter 

I have another complete 40ft container there too

Complete air fence with 6 blowers and all the cables 
Complete starting gates
Complete exclusion lighting rig
Referee control panel 
Both green lights
All the red lights and cables 
£7000

Black water bowser £1500
4 wheel blade £500
Red slurry tanker £500
Blade for back of tractor £400
Tyre packer £100

Our PA system. 4 big speakers for centre green with amplifier/mixer desk and azure mic set with 60 metre reach with receiver and cables   £500
If anything is any good to you just let me know

Fire sale everything must go... prices subject to change I would say the more desperate he gets

Regards
THJ

Aye, he’s doing a lot to help Speedway at Newcastle to continue, NOT. WHAT A A-wipe

• Like 2