British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

I think it would get took straight down if posted on Facebook statement :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

In fact here you go I have had this for a while and as one or two on here thought I was kidding feast your eyes on the list

This was the list he has sent out all with pretty pictures along side (to big to attach on here) However you will get the gist...

Few bits of the gear we have.
I’ve got the pits containers listed for sale too.  They do for field shelters.  
Don’t know if they any good for you for pits or spectator shelter 

I have another complete 40ft container there too

Complete air fence with 6 blowers and all the cables 
Complete starting gates
Complete exclusion lighting rig
Referee control panel 
Both green lights
All the red lights and cables 
£7000

Black water bowser £1500
4 wheel blade £500
Red slurry tanker £500
Blade for back of tractor £400
Tyre packer £100

Our PA system. 4 big speakers for centre green with amplifier/mixer desk and azure mic set with 60 metre reach with receiver and cables   £500
If anything is any good to you just let me know

Fire sale everything must go... prices subject to change I would say the more desperate he gets

Regards
THJ

But if he doesn't sell everything then the club may close forever as no one would want to come in and buy it...

Errr...

Think I have spotted the slight flaw in his cunning plan....

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I wonder if he is still a legend in peoples eyes on Facebook :angry:

Yes probably as to frightened to say what they think!

Wonder if hes still in control of said fb site, cause if folk knew they’d be more heartbroken. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

But if he doesn't sell everything then the club may close forever as no one would want to come in and buy it...

Errr...

Think I have spotted the slight flaw in his cunning plan....

Explain? Sorry if its a daft question

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I think it would get took straight down if posted on Facebook statement :rolleyes:

He’s pulled the wool over folks eyes for far too long they accept it. 

i hate what hes done, stripping the club bones dry and leaving nothing left!

• Like 1

Just now, HectorRacing said:

Explain? Sorry if its a daft question

He said he closed the track to protect it so hopefully someone would come in and buy it and keep it going...

I would suggest selling off everything needed to run a Speedway meeting might not make it much of a tempting proposition...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

In fact here you go I have had this for a while and as one or two on here thought I was kidding feast your eyes on the list

This was the list he has sent out all with pretty pictures along side (to big to attach on here) However you will get the gist...

Few bits of the gear we have.
I’ve got the pits containers listed for sale too.  They do for field shelters.  
Don’t know if they any good for you for pits or spectator shelter 

I have another complete 40ft container there too

Complete air fence with 6 blowers and all the cables 
Complete starting gates
Complete exclusion lighting rig
Referee control panel 
Both green lights
All the red lights and cables 
£7000

Black water bowser £1500
4 wheel blade £500
Red slurry tanker £500
Blade for back of tractor £400
Tyre packer £100

Our PA system. 4 big speakers for centre green with amplifier/mixer desk and azure mic set with 60 metre reach with receiver and cables   £500
If anything is any good to you just let me know

Fire sale everything must go... prices subject to change I would say the more desperate he gets

Regards
THJ

I take it this lot was offered to Workington?

If the Diamonds are to continue then a new venue seems inevitable.  Check out sunderland-greyhounds.co.uk as a possibility.  The facilitates seem first rate.  Speedway was raced there twice.  Difficult to tell if the track is still in place but, if not, could be reinstated.  The team could be called the North East Diamonds and could pull in we die-hards, new fans from the area and its closer to Redcar than Newcastle.  Worth checking surely!

56 minutes ago, mikebv said:

He said he closed the track to protect it so hopefully someone would come in and buy it and keep it going...

I would suggest selling off everything needed to run a Speedway meeting might not make it much of a tempting proposition...

Yep mission impossible, can’t help but feel annoyed at what hes done. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

To be fair tho, makes some valid points. ;)

Valid points mmm I'm still trying to find them 

17 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Valid points mmm I'm still trying to find them 

Sorry mate,,, not read the article, but Sunday racing alone, has its problems,,, heard a few bits n pieces about rider(guests) demands and, TBF with our numbers thru the gate, how can you make it pay?

'Nobody wants to see speedway die in Newcastle, but at the same time,,, nobody, or not many, want to watch/support it'.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

So Newcastle speedway is gone forever ,who would take it over when you nothing .unless you can start fresh and give him nowt .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, highside said:

So Newcastle speedway is gone forever ,who would take it over when you nothing .unless you can start fresh and give him nowt .

It might be the best scenario if we can’t find a solution... give him nowt, start afresh and try and find new track somehow 

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It might be the best scenario if we can’t find a solution... give him nowt, start afresh and try and find new track somehow 

A think that would be the way forward mate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The whole lot is for sale... everything... shale as well if you can get it up... Total "fire sale"

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The whole lot is for sale... everything... shale as well if you can get it up... Total "fire sale"

Total "fire sale"..................hmmmmmmmmmm I can taste his burgers, with relish.........hot diggity dog...is he selling that facility too??