British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

36 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Sorry mate,,, not read the article, but Sunday racing alone, has its problems,,, heard a few bits n pieces about rider(guests) demands and, TBF with our numbers thru the gate, how can you make it pay?

'Nobody wants to see speedway die in Newcastle, but at the same time,,, nobody, or not many, want to watch/support it'.

Av read it ! Rob & not just him tho as promotions before him have had the same problems in the past about Sunday racing but could still attract a decent side that was well near the points limit & at least won home matches which fans were happy to pay for & I take my hat off to him for giving it a go but to blame riders for being greedy & massive amount of money for guests is not on.. it's said there's a rider shortage but he told me himself that he's got riders desperate to ride for him & that was last August so where are these riders well we did get starkey but this isn't a dist on complin or congreve but I would  have had James & Max starting ( if averages allowed ) at reserve this season & used up all the other points available to build the rest of the team which would have made us more competitive  certainly at home 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Av read it ! Rob & not just him tho as promotions before him have had the same problems in the past about Sunday racing but could still attract a decent side that was well near the points limit & at least won home matches which fans were happy to pay for & I take my hat off to him for giving it a go but to blame riders for being greedy & massive amount of money for guests is not on.. it's said there's a rider shortage but he told me himself that he's got riders desperate to ride for him & that was last August so where are these riders well we did get starkey but this isn't a dist on complin or congreve but I would  have had James & Max starting ( if averages allowed ) at reserve this season & used up all the other points available to build the rest of the team which would have made us more competitive  certainly at home 

Agreed on the previous promotion, surely it took more than a bit of VAT fiddling to get the likes of Worrall, Lambert, Lyons, Larsen, and many more through the door over the years. I think Grant was (is) just useless.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

I take it this lot was offered to Workington?

Dunno... I got it fed back from someone down south who with some colleagues are trying to bring back another defunct club and the list has been hawked around a few people/clubs apparently... I won't be over in Cumbria until tomorrow night and won't see the relevant people until Saturday but I will ask the question... however with the folk I have spoken to I know of five clubs that have been offered this list and I won't be surprised if there are more than that or that Worky will be one of them also...

Regards 

THJ 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The place needs proper guidance and vision, start again from scratch!

Material things can be replaced, spirit can't. 

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

so if riders were desperate to ride for him why didnt he sign them ?

2 minutes ago, highside said:

Someone was full of sh!te me thinks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Winditon said:

I take it this lot was offered to Workington?

Am not on Facebook however Tony Kearman has also got all of the Newcastle Speedway stuff listed for sale on his Facebook page apparently...

Regards 

THJ

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JCookie said:

"Rob I'm desperate to sign... desperate..."

*Hangs up*

"..not"

Or… opens up speedway review 2000 and thinks who can i call! 

47 minutes ago, highside said:

Exactly 

6 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Am not on Facebook however Tony Kearman has also got all of the Newcastle Speedway stuff listed for sale on his Facebook page apparently...

Regards 

THJ

Just did a search and found them

Edited by HectorRacing
Correcting my words
  • Thanks 1

What is upsetting is that there are some fans whom may not be online alot/etc 

newcastle speedway was everything to them, it got them out, it was their passion and hobby.  Now sadly its no more and any bit of newcastle speedway is being sold off.  

im heartbroken cause i loved this sport, but im more angry about the aftermath! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

What is upsetting is that there are some fans whom may not be online alot/etc 

newcastle speedway was everything to them, it got them out, it was their passion and hobby.  Now sadly its no more and any bit of newcastle speedway is being sold off.  

im heartbroken cause i loved this sport, but im more angry about the aftermath! 

Totally agree. Dropped one of tractors by a grand already.

Had to leave a comment on one of the adverts before so annoyed.

I will be blocked again on Newcastle Facebook tomorrow.. what a bunch of snakes man :mad:

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Totally agree. Dropped one of tractors by a grand already.

Out of curiosity much are the tractors up for because they weren't on the list I got to see?

Regards

THJ