Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I am sure every millionaire who reads the forum and is in the queue to buy Newcastle Speedway will be pleased at your humbleness and noted your cloying humility, unctuousness, obsequiousness, and will not be put of by your obeisance and insincerity, 

Regards
THJ

Too many funny words there John, a didn't do Shakespeare,,, what does it mean in lamens terms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Stuck my thoughts in-between what your new BFF had to say for himself and what Grant needs to remember you have to have a good memory to be a good liar...

Regards
John

I feel sorry for the new sponsors to be honest as they must have put a lot of trust in Grant regarding team building and i assume they perhaps didn't know too much about Speedway as i wouldn't have been happy with the team that was put together. It was obvious from day one that anyone with half an idea knew that team wouldn't be competitive.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I feel sorry for the new sponsors to be honest as they must have put a lot of trust in Grant regarding team building and i assume they perhaps didn't know too much about Speedway as i wouldn't have been happy with the team that was put together. It was obvious from day one that anyone with half an idea knew that team wouldn't be competitive.

Many of us -me myself were looking forward to the new team build for this season. Awaiting signing posts/etc 

then hoping we get a lawson, kerr, worral in and a good 5, but as the days went on it was looking not likely. Then the post about how our next man in will be good/points wise. Lee complin? Ive only followed speedway for 10years and i was like who that? 
 

but i agree way early in the season when it started it didnt look good. Events down at redcar, then our number1 injured for ages and ages and ages and ages and ages. 
 

all we needed was to build a team with fight but nope (no offense to the riders we got) 

 

im still newcastle through and through and went to every home game evem though it was painful to watch defeat after defeat. 
 

its sad we probs may never see speedway again here. I will go watch berwick/redcar when i can but its not the same when it aint your team

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HectorRacing said:

Many of us -me myself were looking forward to the new team build for this season. Awaiting signing posts/etc 

then hoping we get a lawson, kerr, worral in and a good 5, but as the days went on it was looking not likely. Then the post about how our next man in will be good/points wise. Lee complin? Ive only followed speedway for 10years and i was like who that? 
 

but i agree way early in the season when it started it didnt look good. Events down at redcar, then our number1 injured for ages and ages and ages and ages and ages. 
 

all we needed was to build a team with fight but nope (no offense to the riders we got) 

 

im still newcastle through and through and went to every home game evem though it was painful to watch defeat after defeat. 
 

its sad we probs may never see speedway again here. I will go watch berwick/redcar when i can but its not the same when it aint your team

Ive followed Newcastle for about 45 years. I would go regardless of the quality of our team but unfortunately  there were too many who would stop going when we were poor and i totally respect their decision.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HectorRacing said:

Many of us -me myself were looking forward to the new team build for this season. Awaiting signing posts/etc 

then hoping we get a lawson, kerr, worral in and a good 5, but as the days went on it was looking not likely. Then the post about how our next man in will be good/points wise. Lee complin? Ive only followed speedway for 10years and i was like who that? 
 

but i agree way early in the season when it started it didnt look good. Events down at redcar, then our number1 injured for ages and ages and ages and ages and ages. 
 

all we needed was to build a team with fight but nope (no offense to the riders we got) 

 

im still newcastle through and through and went to every home game evem though it was painful to watch defeat after defeat. 
 

its sad we probs may never see speedway again here. I will go watch berwick/redcar when i can but its not the same when it aint your team

You can still get a sort of speedway fix ( the cycle version) at cramlington learning village this Sunday & at least you'll see riders giving it a good old go ( check out Northumbria Vikings page for all information before you go

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Too many funny words there John, a didn't do Shakespeare,,, what does it mean in lamens terms?

In layman's terms (and yes thats how you spell it) it means you didnt do Charles Dickens either... 

Get your self on Google Neil learn and enjoy... read about the ever so humble Mr Heap...

On another topic Neil have you been invited in this Sunday with the rest if them... scrap man will be there and you never know your tape might even turn up and if you want them covers back you got you will need to be quick cos if JER doesn't flog them they will end up in the bin.... and the next promotion will need covers for sure... cos Grant is setting the club on a sound footing for the next owners... like...

Regards 

THJ

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

On another topic Neil have you been invited in this Sunday with the rest if them... scrap man will be there and you never know your tape might even turn up and if you want them covers back you got you will need to be quick cos if JER doesn't flog them they will end up in the bin.... and the next promotion will need covers for sure... cos Grant is setting the club on a sound footing for the next owners... like...

Regards 

THJ

Chuck them covers in the bin, am well shot of them,,, me wellies have gone too!!!,,, as for me tape, well,,, we go back a long way (about 5 metres).

A thought Grant was doing the best for the clubs future, dunno about a sound footing?

Wasn't Dickens the guy that had the shop at Shiremoor?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah but John, at least the Edinburgh project looks like it will be a proper stadium. Not just some old field with some mud hills on it and a couple of makeshift scaffold seating areas? ;)

So maybe a 150k budget might get something started, like what has happened at Northside?,,, 'Dream of less and you could end up with more'.

BTW, a wonder if the Edinburgh project, when finished, will look like the picture?

Wonder if the old field topsoil will be any good for me garden borders 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

Hi Steve, a look at the Sunderland Greyhound stadium site and returns the following information, the Greyhounds

run every week on the Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so that leaves only Friday and Saturday free and

I'm sure BSPA would not want another track running on either of those days.

Just to clarify a couple of comments on Sunderland.  Mike Parker closed it in 1964 so he could bolster his other teams viz. Ken Sharples came to Newcastle with Jim Airey and Gordon Guasco going to Wolverhampton.  It operated 1971-4 which were the years when Newcastle was closed.  And that's nearly fifty years ago - there could be a new clientele out there.  As for today, it is correct that there is racing on Sundays but that is from 10.30 and over lunchtime not in the evenings.  If it was to reopen - as I suggested as the North East Diamonds (not Sunderland Stars for heavens sakes!) - then access to the track could be possible on the Saturday.  Beggars can't be choosers here and it is an assumption that the owners would not allow the relaying of a track.  Just saying that it's worth checking out given that we haven't got a lot  of options right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Wonder if the old field topsoil will be any good for me garden borders 

Dunno, could depend on the soil type and N P and K levels? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno, could depend on the soil type and N P and K levels? ;)

As long as there's nee shale in it it'll be sound 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

As long as there's nee shale in it it'll be sound 

That shale is priceless,,, blended with a little bit of sand will give you a nice loam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno, could depend on the soil type and N P and K levels? ;)

The NPK were the Northumberland Park Killers (NPK) who were a gang in London... but the LBAB would see them off..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gate and go draw continuing until feb23, then they will review the situation further.

50% to winner and 50% being held by nssa so if a buyer comes along they can support them from the off.

Off topic .. Dan Bewley horror crash in Poland. Full speed into air fence and thrown over top into the space between track and fans. Off to hospital with left leg injury and for x rays.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, HectorRacing said:

Many of us -me myself were looking forward to the new team build for this season. Awaiting signing posts/etc 

then hoping we get a lawson, kerr, worral in and a good 5, but as the days went on it was looking not likely. Then the post about how our next man in will be good/points wise. Lee complin? Ive only followed speedway for 10years and i was like who that? 
 

but i agree way early in the season when it started it didnt look good. Events down at redcar, then our number1 injured for ages and ages and ages and ages and ages. 
 

all we needed was to build a team with fight but nope (no offense to the riders we got) 

 

im still newcastle through and through and went to every home game evem though it was painful to watch defeat after defeat. 
 

its sad we probs may never see speedway again here. I will go watch berwick/redcar when i can but its not the same when it aint your team

Kerr Lawson worrall maybe would have been a top 3 in 2019.. enough said

Edited by Justgotmecpc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy