British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

Hi John, thanks for keeping us up to date with things at Brough Park and if it is true about the rental it would

mean you having to get at least 125 people through the turnstiles to start with just to cover the costs of hiring

the stadium.

If all the equipment is slowly being sold and as I see it no riders that the club owns, how can any new promoter

make a go of outlaying a lot of capital before stating that they are willing to take part in a season long fixture list

Edited by scampispeedway

37 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Allegedly sold Gaz but if any of this lot said it was raining I would still go outside to check...

Another rumour that has surfaced is that 4 interested buyers now... but two run off when they heard the facts and the other two are apparently still mulling things over; however the clincher will be; and again if true... the rent will be £50k next season to hire Brough (which is apparently what Brum pay)

For a stadium with no floodlight facility...

Makes you wonder...

Regards
THJ 

50k rent for brough.. that’s absolutely shocking!! 
Does that include new lights, a new track and an updated stadium like ? :(

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

You forgot rain off tickets 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Pretty prohibitive costs, ad assume?

Eastbourne Phoenix group have found rental is double ....told it used to be 1k a meeting plus tax. Guessing that is now 2k plus tax 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Eastbourne Phoenix group have found rental is double ....told it used to be 1k a meeting plus tax. Guessing that is now 2k plus tax 

Inflation? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Allegedly sold Gaz but if any of this lot said it was raining I would still go outside to check...

Another rumour that has surfaced is that 4 interested buyers now... but two run off when they heard the facts and the other two are apparently still mulling things over; however the clincher will be; and again if true... the rent will be £50k next season to hire Brough (which is apparently what Brum pay)

For a stadium with no floodlight facility...

Makes you wonder...

Regards
THJ 

Can they use Grant for lighting? They told me on Facebook that the sun shines out his arse?

• Haha 2

These companies making stadium rent expensive? Eventually they will probably shut them down as the dogs cant bring in alot? (I may be wrong) then sell the land for houses/etc. 

7 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

These companies making stadium rent expensive? Eventually they will probably shut them down as the dogs cant bring in alot? (I may be wrong) then sell the land for houses/etc. 

You could be right, but revenue streams from TV rights for gambling purposes could pay?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

You could be right, but revenue streams from TV rights for gambling purposes could pay?

No idea, but if they aint bringing in much they be out the door next. I do worry that b park will be gone in a few years.

25 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

No idea, but if they aint bringing in much they be out the door next. I do worry that b park will be gone in a few years.

It seems some improvements to the dog track have been made, superficial or not,,, has anything been done to improve accessibility for fans, the road and carpark?,,, food for thought. 

They make their money from the BAGS meetings which are broadcast to most bookies 

the Ruben brothers own ARC and they are also partners in Newcastle united it’s a pity they couldn’t get involved and reduce the rent

13 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

It seems some improvements to the dog track have been made, superficial or not,,, has anything been done to improve accessibility for fans, the road and carpark?,,, food for thought. 

They don’t need crowds in and they don’t need to improve the facilities as most of the revenue comes from the broadcast BAGS Meetings