British Speedway Forum
Phil83

Newcastle now closed !!!

20 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Why would a tall building be built in an area that is a sh!t hole?

I was making a joke, sorry. 

21 hours ago, HectorRacing said:

I was making a joke, sorry. 

No need to be sorry, the only joke you are allowed to make about Newcastle is if it involves MR G.

36 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

No need to be sorry, the only joke you are allowed to make about Newcastle is if it involves MR G.

He makes me fill with hate now. 

Sundays are not a day of rest? Was always the newcastle term. Now they are. Miss my speedway team. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 8:22 PM, JCookie said:

It's a shame Newcastle Speedway is too isolated/small time to get anywhere at the racecourse. If they are going to build the training ground there then that would be football, golf, racing, 5-a-side all in one place.  A proper sporting community, imagine speedway too?

Someone should ask Semore Kurdi if he’s interested. Already owns 2 sports clubs in Newcastle Falcons RU and Newcastle Thunder RL. Owns Kingston Park stadium and 37 acres of land surrounding it so plenty of space for a speedway track.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Someone should ask Semore Kurdi if he’s interested. Already owns 2 sports clubs in Newcastle Falcons RU and Newcastle Thunder RL. Owns Kingston Park stadium and 37 acres of land surrounding it so plenty of space for a speedway track.

The land around Kingston park is being developed into housing estates 

15 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The land around Kingston park is being developed into housing estates 

Nope, just the land right next door is. All of the fields to the south and west of the stadium are owned by Kurdi’s company KP Stadium Ltd.

18 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Nope, just the land right next door is. All of the fields to the south and west of the stadium are owned by Kurdi’s company KP Stadium Ltd.

Well we can dream but that's all it is for the diamonds future A Dream 

51 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Have you got his number?

51 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Very few fields to the south, all housing and to the west is Bullocksteads Sports Ground.

3 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Don't forget I'm sure that also applies to the former Mr E (in English we trust)!!!! 

3 minutes ago, Rotfs said:

Don't forget I'm sure that also applies to the former Mr E (in English we trust)!!!! 

I’m sure it does, however I believe even if the takeover went seamlessly Grant would still have blown it, he was/is clueless.

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Its a shame no-one has the initiative to take it on.

Euro millions still up for grabs, better buy a ticket for Tuesday £190 million :D

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

Euro millions still up for grabs, better buy a ticket for Tuesday £190 million :D

Don't do the lottery, it's too random! ;)

and it's gambling!!! :nono:

Edited by ruffdiamond

On 7/8/2022 at 12:38 PM, scampispeedway said:

I think looking at all things about the Sport in general and the closure of Newcastle Diamonds, I will await to

see what happens in the close season to see if anybody is willing to take on the huge job of resurectling the

Club for 2023.

The last owner was the only one who was willing to give it a go and unfortunately lost a lot of money running

for two years before cutting his losses and closing the Club mid season.

Not strictly true. He had the option to move it on and get out last yr but he panicked that someone else thought they could make it pay and in his naivety he thought he could do it. The night after he was approached he announced he was carrying on and never even went back to let the frontman of the people who wanted to take on the club know before the announcement. Now the club is in such a sorry state, no one will do it now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1