Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Peterborough June 23rd

1 hour ago, Derrickn said:

You dont even get rewarded for coming first in the super heat,you get rewarded for not coming last.How woke is that.

It’s sh*te is what it is 

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I believe Barbs let everyone know it was an untrimmed bush that caused the issue last night....

Trim ya bush to make the yard look bigger.. ;)

image.jpeg.659ba0f1b40476e198ffe7651122165f.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Derrickn said:

You dont even get rewarded for coming first in the super heat,you get rewarded for not coming last.How woke is that.

Whoever finishes 1st, 2nd & 3rd means nothing. It's all about avoiding 4th place. In a super heat a 5-4 is as valuable as a 7-2.

Never been a fan of this scoring system.

It has to be that way though to ensure a result in the extra one heat, otherwise you could get another half dozen 3-3’s and be there all night waiting for a heat advantage. 

The only other way and my preference, is a simple run off with a nominated rider from each team. 

The only way is to not have it at all, total waste of time. Nothing wrong with 1 point for home team and 2 for the away team for a draw. I would've been happy to get a point from last night as I didn't think we were going to get that after heat 13.

Some Peterborough fans don't like it, but it went in their favour at home to Sheffield and they had to use a TS to help them.

Regarding the Starke-Doyle incident, I sit in front of the refs box by the start and had a clear view of the incident, so don't know how she got it wrong. Also I think they should get rid of the plants on the centre green, they do block parts of the view of the corner, but not in this incident.

Edited by Bash
  • Like 2

In its a knock out,, they used to dress up in a giants costume and have soapy sponges thrown at them,,, oh that's to serious for speedway. 

So,,, how about one nominated rider from each team team,, 4 laps,, fastest time wins,, or maybe 1 lap,, or maybe 2 laps. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It has to be that way though to ensure a result in the extra one heat, otherwise you could get another half dozen 3-3’s and be there all night waiting for a heat advantage. 

The only other way and my preference, is a simple run off with a nominated rider from each team. 

4 super heat races max

Team manager picks 2 riders... if its a 3 3 he picks different 2 riders. Then another 2 in 3rd heat. Finally that leaves 1 rider left for superheat 4. 

If team using rr normal rules apply. 

Could be that team leave better rider for last heat and go for the 3-3s...

Or team relay of a 1 Lap dash for 2 opposing riders .. where Riders start at tapes and do one lap and come into " pits." ( centre green)  Take out cut out and put in next riders bike... then off he goes for 1 lap...

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Or,,, since its a team sport,, most bonus points wins,, or most heat advantages 

Why dont they have a DD at the end like the Bangers last man standing wins , Ipswich would only need one rider ?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

4 super heat races max

Team manager picks 2 riders... if its a 3 3 he picks different 2 riders. Then another 2 in 3rd heat. Finally that leaves 1 rider left for superheat 4. 

If team using rr normal rules apply. 

Could be that team leave better rider for last heat and go for the 3-3s...

Or team relay of a 1 Lap dash for 2 opposing riders .. where Riders start at tapes and do one lap and come into " pits." ( centre green)  Take out cut out and put in next riders bike... then off he goes for 1 lap...

Meanwhile,, whilst riders are swapping,, the mechanic is finding TDC

15 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Joke rule.  Farcical result.  Complete load of bolleaux.

15 hours ago, Sully said:

2 super heats so far and 2 home wins. Hardly rewards the away teams efforts to get a draw. 

30 minutes ago, Bash said:

The only way is to not have it at all, total waste of time.

20 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

In its a knock out,, they used to dress up in a giants costume and have soapy sponges thrown at them,,, oh that's to serious for speedway. 

So,,, how about one nominated rider from each team team,, 4 laps,, fastest time wins,, or maybe 1 lap,, or maybe 2 laps. 

See I’m on the fence a bit with this new rule. I agree with Sully, the away team really should be rewarded more for Drawing an away meeting which is notoriously difficult to do. 

But on the other hand, numerous people over the years have been complaining about the lack of drama and entertainment at meetings and falling crowd levels and that those in charge need to come up with things to freshen the sport up. They bring one in, and suddenly everyone seems to be cry arsing about it. 

Whether you think it’s unfair or not, anyone who was there last night surely couldn’t  help but be drawn in by the drama of those last two heats. When was the last time you saw an atmosphere like that at Foxhall? I saw people around me shouting at the top of their lungs encouraging Doyle and King home for the points, and then the pure joy on peoples faces high fiving each other as they crossed the line. Would you get that kind of reaction from nicking a draw? Of course not. This is the sort of stuff you don’t mind paying your money for surely? It was box office it’s as simple as that. 

As I said I understand the point that it seems unfair on the away team and that’s valid, the Panthers fans were obviously annoyed on here last night and that’s fair enough, but they were on the victorious end of the “super heat” last week and didn’t seem to mind it then. Whether you like the rule or not, we all know that a drawn meeting isn’t enough to take 2 points anymore. It’s not as if Panthers thought they had 2 points in the bag and then boom, out steps Noel Edmunds with a gotcha and drops it on them that they actually haven’t got 2 points and they now need to negotiate a super heat. They could have got themselves the 3 or even 4 points from the meeting by winning in the 15 heats but ultimately didn’t do enough. 

It could well be our turn to be on the receiving end of a super heat before the season is out and I’m sure we’ll be annoyed! But I’m also sure that whichever set of home fans win it will absolutely love it just like we did last night and Peterborough did last week against Lynn. 

Every teams fans are going to like it when you win hate it when you lose,  of the two super heats so far theres been mixed reactions even amongst the winning teams fans as to the point of the race ,  

Peterborough's looney poster has just used it to wind up others and then everyone takes it that how all Peterborough fans feel

Personally think its a waste of time and should be scrapped  and go back to the points reward only .

Peterborough's super heat win was against Sheffield and it was good for the fact that Holder finished up losing after his antics on the night  .

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 3