British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Oxford vs Glasgow 22nd June

Young Luke Killeen, hope I spelt that correct since a couple of version on Oxford website, makes his championship debut to guest in place of the unlucky Josh MacDonald who is injured again. Kyle Newman also missing. Going to be tough for the Cheetahs.

Edited by Anzum
Modified title

Tough one to call this. Think only Tom has experience of the track so going in pretty blind. Hopefully the strength at reserve and middle order will see us through to a 46-44 win

To be honest, I think Scott and Troy will have to go almost unbeaten. Hopefully 5-1 in 13 and 15 to nick it 46-44. Will need back up from the others though. Summers first time on the track too. Troy and Scott won’t get a rr ride unless as a Tac Sub.

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Tough one to call this. Think only Tom has experience of the track so going in pretty blind. Hopefully the strength at reserve and middle order will see us through to a 46-44 win

Broc Nicol has been there a few times so may have gleaned some knowledge from what he has seen.

Track is very fair and we have very little home advantage at the moment 

Edited by Triple.H.

Just now, Triple.H. said:

Broc Nicol has been there a few times so may have gleaned some knowledge from what he has seen.

Yeah forgot him and ruml been helping each other out :t:

According to match review on Ipswich site Peterborough are using RR for Scott Nicholls on thursday at Ipswich due to him feeling the effects of a crash on Monday night, if true then dont expect him to be riding for Oxford 

Edited by scoobydoo

Coming up from Swindonia with bro from Australia. Have booked tickets, is there regular shuttle bus from Unipart car park to and from stadium, can you bring chairs or standing only, is stadium grub decent?

Hoping for good meeting, I suppose if the Cookie is fully fit and no Scotty should be Tigers win. Will go 44-46.

Edited by auntie doris

5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

According to match review on Ipswich site Peterborough are using RR for Scott Nicholls on thursday at Ipswich due to him feeling the effects of a crash on Monday night, if true then dont expect him to be riding for Oxford 

I wonder who might be first choice of guest if available :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Coming up from Swindonia with bro from Australia. Have booked tickets, is there regular shuttle bus from Unipart car park to and from stadium, can you bring chairs or standing only, is stadium grub decent?

Hoping for good meeting, I suppose if the Cookie is fully fit and no Scotty should be Tigers win. Will go 44-46.

Yes regular shuttle bus. I have seen people with chairs so yes you can. Not tried the food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

I wonder who might be first choice of guest if available :rolleyes:

Difficult Question

Mr guest rides at 1 for oxford, glasgow really ought to win this with oxford a bit depleted .

13 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Mr guest rides at 1 for oxford, glasgow really ought to win this with oxford a bit depleted .

Imagine the shock at the choice of guest. Could knock me down with a feather I'm so surprised lol. 

Tbf based on this season's form Oxford now strengthened with Harris at no.1. 

• Haha 2

Just about to leave for the 730mile round trip B) Looking forward to my first trip to Oxford!

• Like 1

Close one this certainly a big step up and ask of the new boy after an impressive NDL debut hard to back against him picking up a few points tonight though. RR probably strengthens the Cheetahs given how inconsistent Newman has been. Home win and possibly a spin for Atkins late on depending how much badgering Mike gives Crump.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
  • Haha 1

Swindon fan in exile; First trip to Oxford in about 40 years. Given what’s happening, or more to the point what’s not happening at Swindon this may end up as my local track ! First impressions are good - tidy set up with toilets that work which is a luxury for us Robins fans! Sunny warm evening, hoping for some good racing. Well done to all at Oxford in bringing back the sport to Sandy lane.

• Like 1