British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Oxford vs Glasgow 22nd June

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Ulle is not pulling his weight when it matters,

Totally agree you can give the younger riders some leeway but he should be scoring better maybe just one season too many.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Totally agree you can give the younger riders some leeway but he should be scoring better maybe just one season too many.

Heat 12 should've been heat advantage. Where the points were dropped IMO

Just now, Gazc said:

The youngsters have done their part IMO.It is a big learning curve for them,Ulle and Nicol have been disappointing.Cook has not been as dominant for some reason but still scored points.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The youngsters have done their part IMO.It is a big learning curve for them,Ulle and Nicol have been disappointing.Cook has not been as dominant for some reason but still scored points.

Nicol has upped his game and is scoring to his average away and scoring really well at home , whilst Ully is Scoring two points below his consistently.

Cracking meeting with an inconsistent Referee IMO. 

Two incidents on run to the first turn where riders on gates one and two tangled up well before the bend. One is an exclusion and the other all four back. My vantage point while not as high up as the officials says its either both riders on gate 1 excluded after precedent set in heat 4.

As I said to a few people tonight if you watch a start head on in 90% at least of races the rider on gate 4 heads for the white line and the rider on gate 1 moves out to get a better line into the 1st turn.

39 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Heat 12 should've been heat advantage. Where the points were dropped IMO

who dropped the points then ?

1 minute ago, jenga said:

who dropped the points then ?

Ulle, from updates gated on 5-1 ended in a 3-3

• Thanks 1

spose you cannot expect too much from a guy that has a serious injury last season . TBH brennan and basso arnt really doin the team any favours with the form they have at the moment . would have given my left ?!@$ to have been @  Oxford tonight .

Edited by jenga

23 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Two incidents on run to the first turn where riders on gates one and two tangled up well before the bend. One is an exclusion and the other all four back. My vantage point while not as high up as the officials says its either both riders on gate 1 excluded after precedent set in heat 4.

As I said to a few people tonight if you watch a start head on in 90% at least of races the rider on gate 4 heads for the white line and the rider on gate 1 moves out to get a better line into the 1st turn.

I think the Referee was correct to put blue out in the first he lifted going into turn one & the second incident the riders clashed out of the start & did not get apart unsatisfactory start was a correct call.

we all slam Referees but they have to make a decision on what is in front of them, It's very easy to say from here on turn 1 it's this or on the back straight I saw this but the Referee sits in the same position at almost every track.

• Like 1

Another disappointing away heat 15 for the tigers. Could point fingers at more than one rider but that is speedway sometimes. Well done to Hume, excellent performance all night from him and was unlucky against Ruml who always seems to improve as the meeting progresses.

On a side note, very sneaky from Oxford not letting you pay cash or card at the gate. This forces you to pay online which includes a £1 admin fee. Can be difficult for elderly people to pay this way via the QR code.

2 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

Another disappointing away heat 15 for the tigers. Could point fingers at more than one rider but that is speedway sometimes. Well done to Hume, excellent performance all night from him and was unlucky against Ruml who always seems to improve as the meeting progresses.

On a side note, very sneaky from Oxford not letting you pay cash or card at the gate. This forces you to pay online which includes a £1 admin fee. Can be difficult for elderly people to pay this way via the QR code.

almost gone are the days when yu had cash in yer pocket and you could spend it where you liked . puts the older generation off going to a speedway meeting . IMO.

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

spose you cannot expect too much from a guy that has a serious injury last season . TBH brennan and basso arnt really doin the team any favours with the form they have at the moment . would have given my left ?!@$ to have been @  Oxford tonight .

You probably won’t get a bite here J you took it too far with the Brennan and Basso bit , omit that and you may get multiple’s.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jenga said:

I don’t really know how you can criticise two young lads who have put a lot on there average one of which is in the team riding at 5 and the other scored 13 points last week people are soon to forget! They ain’t gonna turn into Rasmus Jensen and Claus Vissing overnight !

• Like 1

Is nobody going to say what a fantastic job the promotion at Oxford are doing? The racing tonight was brilliant, the track was well prepared despite temperatures of about 28 degrees, with no dust until heat 14. A good crowd and a great atmosphere, it was simply exciting - like speedway should be but at most tracks it is not.

To the person whinging about the £1.00 booking fee. I would like to inform you that 2 weeks ago the meeting was cancelled after heat 4 due to rain and guess what, the promotion gave everyone free admission tonight. I do not think many tracks would do that. Oh, and parking at Unipart is free with a free shuttle bus. But hey -ho you can’t please every body all of the time. Personally, I’ just delighted to see Oxford running again after 15 years.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Agree about the refereeing.  Nicol should definitely have gone. Brilliant meeting though.

Edited by Christine Hawes
Spelling!