British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Oxford vs Glasgow 22nd June

48 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I don’t really know how you can criticise two young lads who have put a lot on there average one of which is in the team riding at 5 and the other scored 13 points last week people are soon to forget! They ain’t gonna turn into Rasmus Jensen and Claus Vissing overnight !

Ignore him, he's a wind up merchant from Workington. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I don’t really know how you can criticise two young lads who have put a lot on there average one of which is in the team riding at 5 and the other scored 13 points last week people are soon to forget! They ain’t gonna turn into Rasmus Jensen and Claus Vissing overnight !

i have not criticised tom or ben , its just how i see it . sorry if i upset the cult followers 

11 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Close one this certainly a big step up and ask of the new boy after an impressive NDL debut hard to back against him picking up a few points tonight though. RR probably strengthens the Cheetahs given how inconsistent Newman has been. Home win and possibly a spin for Atkins late on depending how much badgering Mike gives Crump.

Killeen scored what I expected tonight (0 points) you can't compare racing against a very weak (4 reserves) NL side to Glasgow possibly the most solid Champ side.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

i am NOT from Workington .

Basso on instragram saying he is still feeling the effects from his crashes on Monday  

5 hours ago, Technik said:

I think the Referee was correct to put blue out in the first he lifted going into turn one & the second incident the riders clashed out of the start & did not get apart unsatisfactory start was a correct call.

we all slam Referees but they have to make a decision on what is in front of them, It's very easy to say from here on turn 1 it's this or on the back straight I saw this but the Referee sits in the same position at almost every track.

Have to disagree with that, I was sat opposite the tapes (a floor below the ref) and both incidents were for the same reason by the same rider. The way Nicol lined up he was going to go into another rider by the angle he was at both incidents started before the first bend and therefore should have been all 4 back or Nicol excluded both times. The second incident Nicol got his foot peg caught because of the way he was angled, so was the cause of the accident.

Edited by Debbi

Just in the door, Tigers doing Tigers things in heat 15 :rolleyes: Nevertheless congrats to Oxford!!

Will post a more detailed summary later on today, going for some much needed shut eye now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Beirao said:

I think you'll find Edinburgh and Scunthorpe both offered full refunds in similar circumstances in recent weeks

8 hours ago, Wobblywheel said:

Is nobody going to say what a fantastic job the promotion at Oxford are doing? The racing tonight was brilliant, the track was well prepared despite temperatures of about 28 degrees, with no dust until heat 14. A good crowd and a great atmosphere, it was simply exciting - like speedway should be but at most tracks it is not.

To the person whinging about the £1.00 booking fee. I would like to inform you that 2 weeks ago the meeting was cancelled after heat 4 due to rain and guess what, the promotion gave everyone free admission tonight. I do not think many tracks would do that. Oh, and parking at Unipart is free with a free shuttle bus. But hey -ho you can’t please every body all of the time. Personally, I’ just delighted to see Oxford running again after 15 years.

8 hours ago, jenga said:

almost gone are the days when yu had cash in yer pocket and you could spend it where you liked . puts the older generation off going to a speedway meeting . IMO.

Ridiculous anywhere that doesn't take cash.

• Like 4

Very enjoyable warm evening with bro from Australia, 4 Aussies in Oxford team, and bro from Swindon. Some good racing and big crowd. Good, clean facilities. Like the car parking, got bus there, walked back. They should take cash on gate though, would get more fans. Good luck Oxford.

Edited by auntie doris

9 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

It’s a Workington fan that has a dislike for all things Glasgow Brennan and Basso are progressing very nicely as far as we are concerned his opinion is as relevant to us as Boris is to the rail workers.

And he also gets very easily confused as you can see.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, jenga said:

i am NOT from Workington .

No denial that s/he's a wind-up merchant ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

Ridiculous anywhere that doesn't take cash.

Given the age of speedway fans, I’d agree. But equally ridiculous other places don’t take contactless. Speedway is the only place I ever need to use cash.

A shame the Tigers missed out on a few extra points last night, but I always think any points on your travels are good points. Good to see Danton scoring well last night - shows a lot of different riders contributing at different times. Shows good potential. But anyone expecting Ulle to match his average from last year is in cloud cuckoo land for me. He’s a great leader for the team, he’s a good racer, the fans love him… but his average was very high. We all knew it. It was mentioned in the thread before he was re-signed. No regrets, he’s still an important part of the team, glad we’ve got him, but I don’t think the Tigers’ management expected him to match his average.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Not me this time !!! I'm on holiday in Greece but still laughing at the result :D

10 hours ago, SilentLurker said:

Another disappointing away heat 15 for the tigers. Could point fingers at more than one rider but that is speedway sometimes. Well done to Hume, excellent performance all night from him and was unlucky against Ruml who always seems to improve as the meeting progresses.

On a side note, very sneaky from Oxford not letting you pay cash or card at the gate. This forces you to pay online which includes a £1 admin fee. Can be difficult for elderly people to pay this way via the QR code.

Surely they have cash turnstile.?