British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Birmingham 25/06/2022 CL

8 hours ago, Petecc said:

Predictions aside, Birmingham weren't very good but, does that much base show through every week and where do I post this fine red dust back to. The track was bald in bends 1 & 2 by Heat 3,  3&4 not much better. You can spin your tractor round and round as much as you like but you are only hiding a problem  , not fixing it.

It's been very difficult on track these past few weeks, wind and sun are our biggest nightmare. 

The problem is , riders do not want a lot of dirt going into the bends, that makes it so they can go in hard and fast with a degree of safety.   That in its self causes us a problem with watering, as you need material to hold water,  also the first few races most riders are on the inside line so it gets a battering. 

The tractors spin the dirt back down, not to hide anything, but to try and protect the base of the

track and also bring the dirt back down so there is not a big build up mid to outside.

We are not the only track having problems at the moment,  I have spoken to a number of track curators it's a similar story.

Hope that explains a few things?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BTFC LION said:

It's been very difficult on track these past few weeks, wind and sun are our biggest nightmare. 

The problem is , riders do not want a lot of dirt going into the bends, that makes it so they can go in hard and fast with a degree of safety.   That in its self causes us a problem with watering, as you need material to hold water,  also the first few races most riders are on the inside line so it gets a battering. 

The tractors spin the dirt back down, not to hide anything, but to try and protect the base of the

track and also bring the dirt back down so there is not a big build up mid to outside.

We are not the only track having problems at the moment,  I have spoken to a number of track curators it's a similar story.

I appreciate you coming on here and explaining what the problems are!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

As a summer sport complaining about the sun & wind . What else did they expect?

Track curators always give out the similar story and work very hard with what they are given. The Leicester track needs to be completely ripped up and relaid & that isn't going to happen mid season.

8 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Track curators always give out the similar story and work very hard with what they are given. The Leicester track needs to be completely ripped up and relaid & that isn't going to happen mid season.

What qualifies you to make such a comment? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Track curators always give out the similar story and work very hard with what they are given.

They do and you have to wonder if they have the right kit to be able to put enough water onto a big area track in enough time for the moisture to be able to stay in the track. Maybe it's also the type of shale used? Back in the Glyn Taylor era I don't seem to remember the surface being such a problem... although the shape of the track always has been

2 hours ago, Petecc said:

You are welcome to come and spend the day with me. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BTFC LION said:

There's been lots of comments over the years about the shape and state of the Leicester track. I'm wondering if the promotion or the supports club would be willing to arrange an evening talk in the winter which would give BTFC LION and his colleagues a chance to explain what problems they face in preparing the track each week and answer questions? What do others think?

50 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

There's been lots of comments over the years about the shape and state of the Leicester track. I'm wondering if the promotion or the supports club would be willing to arrange an evening talk in the winter which would give BTFC LION and his colleagues a chance to explain what problems they face in preparing the track each week and answer questions? What do others think?

Bloody hell... sounds like Nuremberg!

• Haha 1

Would anyone have the complete race times for last night’s meeting? They’re only to one decimal point on the updates site. Thanks in advance. 

On 6/26/2022 at 9:26 AM, iainb said:

They do and you have to wonder if they have the right kit to be able to put enough water onto a big area track in enough time for the moisture to be able to stay in the track. Maybe it's also the type of shale used? Back in the Glyn Taylor era I don't seem to remember the surface being such a problem... although the shape of the track always has been

Oh it was!  In most meetings the ruts on the start line were over 50mm deep. The track did not have enough clay in it so it was soft and broke up. By Heat 7 most weeks the startline would have been viewed as a trip hazzard. The mixture now used on the surface has more Clay in it to help it bind better. Im sure BTFC Lion could go into more detail on this.

On 6/26/2022 at 2:56 PM, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the complete race times for last night’s meeting? They’re only to one decimal point on the updates site. Thanks in advance. 

61.12 62.35 63.31 62.47 63.03 61.97 61.72 63.20 61.25 62.94 62.40 61.40 62.03 63.65 62.00

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elmo said:

61.12 62.35 63.31 62.47 63.03 61.97 61.72 63.20 61.25 62.94 62.40 61.40 62.03 63.65 62.00

Thank you. It’s much appreciated.