British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Birmingham 25/06/2022 CL

Could one of you local folks tell me if I can pay by card on the gate or if I need cash with me please?

TIA

1 hour ago, Osirian08 said:

Is the meeting still on ? Just asking as we have had several heavy downpours in Tamworth so far today.

It's fine 4 miles from the track. There have been 2 very light short showers this afternoon but it looks like being a fine evening. Its very windy so bring your goggles!

6 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

Could one of you local folks tell me if I can pay by card on the gate or if I need cash with me please?

TIA

I've paid by card before... but they charged me extra, which I believe is illegal... or maybe it was fine :lol:

5 hours ago, Osirian08 said:

Is the meeting still on ? Just asking as we have had several heavy downpours in Tamworth so far today.

I'm a mile and a half from the track and we've just had the lightest of light sprinkles... just had a look at the radar and it looks set fair for the rest of the evening

Edited by iainb
  • Thanks 1

Another heafty points money Lions promotion going to have to shell out on

6 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

They built the team and would have known that many matches would be won by huge scores.

9 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

The club are going to have to get the riders to rein it in a bit so the club can make a profit! :o;)

On 6/24/2022 at 2:36 PM, Gerbat1875 said:

Can't see Leicester not winning this massively, my prediction is going to 64-26

Not too far off was I.?

Predictions aside, Birmingham weren't very good but, does that much base show through every week and where do I post this fine red dust back to. The track was bald in bends 1 & 2 by Heat 3,  3&4 not much better. You can spin your tractor round and round as much as you like but you are only hiding a problem  , not fixing it.

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

2 points from a no1 is Vissing really that bad.

He lost 2 points when his bike stopped in one race, but he was poor tonight. To be honest they all were apart from Sedgmen and guest Tom Brennan.

Wasn't a classic tonight, but you can only ride against what is put in front of you. Track coming in for some comments again, seemed to take an eternity to run. Only Sedgmen and Brennan provided any real resistance... what on earth Stefan Nielsen was doing in the last race goodness only knows, he'd struggled to do 4 laps at full speed for most of his races!

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

The club are going to have to get the riders to rein it in a bit so the club can make a profit! :o;)

Last night’s spanking at Glasgow was a welcome (financial) relief for the promotion apparently!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Not too far off was I.?

If Worrall hadn’t fallen off in his first ride when comfortably in front you would have been spot on!

But the Brummies apparently dont need strengthening well despite picking up a couple of decent home wins they are destined for the wooden spoon, as for Leicester is this their year ? it could well be, but that will depend on other teams signings as we head towards the play offs.