British Speedway Forum
Speedway fan

SPONSORSHIP AT BRITISH U21 FINAL AT BIRMINGHAM WEDS 31 AUG

BIRMINGHAM stage the British Under 21 final on Wednesday 31st August --- Sponsorship available for race sponsors, rider sponsors, tyre sponsors, methanol sponsors , meeting sponsors .

The line-up (not in riding order) is :

Businesses or individuals are invited to back their chosen rider and will be announced at the meeting over the tannoy and appear in the meeting programme .

QUALIFIERS (not in riding order)

1. Tom Brennan
  2. Drew Kemp
  3. Jordan Palin
  4. Leon Flint
  5. Anders Rowe
  6. Daniel Gilkes (if fit)
  7. Jordan Jenkins
  8. Joe Thompson
  9. Dan Thompson
  10. Connor Bailey
  11. Jason Edwards
  12. Kyle Bickley
  13. Henry Atkins
  14. Harry McGurk
  15. Sam McGurk
  16. Sam Hagon
  17. Jody Scott
  18. Ben Trigger

Available are the following sponsorship:

1.       Race sponsorship -  20 heats  £50   2 semi-finals -- £100  Final  £200

2.      Rider sponsor  £50 

3.      Tyre sponsor  £50

4.      Methanol  £10

5.      All 3 elements (rider /tyre/ methanol )  £100

6.      Rider medals

7.      Trophies

8.      Full meeting headline sponsorship

9.      Associate meeting sponsorship

Interested parties can contact Laurence Rogers by e-mail at : laurencerogers@birmingham-speedway.com

• Like 1

Please correct me if I'm wrong....... I can't think that a British Major Event as had to advertise for sponsors in this way before or in the Speedway Star as Birmingham have done.

The sceptical side of me says that potential sponsor's are slow in coming forward because they are concerned about the event going ahead given the perilous state the host promotion are in hence the need to advertise.

On 8/1/2022 at 10:44 AM, Turnip said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong....... I can't think that a British Major Event as had to advertise for sponsors in this way before or in the Speedway Star as Birmingham have done.

The sceptical side of me says that potential sponsor's are slow in coming forward because they are concerned about the event going ahead given the perilous state the host promotion are in hence the need to advertise.

Surely advertising in whatever media is available should be done by all clubs for every meeting.  That's called promoting,  something that a lot of clubs are accused of not doing .

On 8/1/2022 at 10:44 AM, Turnip said:

You are wrong.

Clubs staging major Events will put out a release seeking sponsors for meeting / heats / fuel / oil / various packages.

It's standard practice.

Don't Poole have sponsors, heat sponsors, match sponsors or is the Chateau owner so filthy rich he pays for everything.

A Club has to pay to stage a major event, it has to generate enough through its own promoting and attendance to make enough to cover the costs and generate a profit.

Get out of cuckoo land.  

• Thanks 1