British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Glasgow Vs Leicester June 24th 7:30

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

May be better for Cook to take some time out and recover rather than soldier on with injuries.

He’s probably fell off more times This season than he has in his career.

• Like 3

Dark grey clouds are moving in forecast is now thunderstorms @ around 6pm for Glasgow and surrounding areas with a bit of luck they will be wrong but it has started raining now on the south side as I type this.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Dark grey clouds are moving in forecast is now thunderstorms @ around 6pm for Glasgow and surrounding areas with a bit of luck they will be wrong but it has started raining now on the south side as I type this.

Looks like it's case of hope we dodge the shower otherwise could be another Plymouth from last season 

26 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Looks like it's case of hope we dodge the shower otherwise could be another Plymouth from last season 

I’m now back in Paisley and it’s dry think it’s just a case of how’s your luck.

• Like 1

With Cook having a nasty tumble at Kings Lynn and withdrawing from the meeting probably Leicester's best chance to get a point or two. 

Ben Basso is a machine, if that is him in pain and injured, what will he be like fully fit

• Like 2

Great riding by basso. Giving us a wake up call that is needed sometimes through out the season 

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Cookie just can't get any luck just now at all. Another crash

Yep Nick shedding a chain right in front off him he had nowhere to go.

Very good performance, not going to get carried away as it's a team with patchy ashfield records at best. Howarth definitely a different rider this season. 

Ben basso again though. Rest those ribs now young man!!!

Looks a great result given Cook was out for the majority of the meeting. Maybe gives some hope that you can compete when he's not firing on all cylinders - i previously doubted this was possible. 

Proper spanking tonight, fair play to Glasgow. One of the top riders in the league takes a bow after one race and it doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference. The points distribution in the Lions team tonight is a true reflection of how this team is built. Top of the league but when second strings and reserves collectively don’t come to the party, this is what happens. An away defeat without points had to come and in terms of play off standings tonight doesn’t mean that much, but Dickson must be looking at the business end of the season and thinking, could we do Glasgow over two legs?
Perhaps it’s a much needed realty check after recent fruitful travels. Absorb, learn and move on.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Looks a great result given Cook was out for the majority of the meeting. Maybe gives some hope that you can compete when he's not firing on all cylinders - i previously doubted this was possible. 

An on form Ulle makes them a decent Team, but he is very hit or miss this season.

Edited by Fromafar