British Speedway Forum
RS50

Sheffield v Ipswich 27 June.

Sedgeman in at reserve  for Allan. I would put him in heat one as RR then use mountain in heat 6 Howarth heat 8 and Tobi heat 10. Should be a decent meeting. Ipswich have a few ex Tigers plus Doyle and starke have had good meetings at Sheffield 

26 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Sedgeman in at reserve  for Allan. I would put him in heat one as RR then use mountain in heat 6 Howarth heat 8 and Tobi heat 10. Should be a decent meeting. Ipswich have a few ex Tigers plus Doyle and starke have had good meetings at Sheffield 

I didn't think you could use a guest for a reserve. Ippo have too. Is it because they are both Champ riders coming in?

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just now, Racin Jason 72 said:

Ipswich have missed a trick by not booking Stefan Nielsen to guest for barker. 

Nielsen is lumbered with a 5.14 average ...

Tigers have strengthened-up with Sedgmen in place of nice bloke Allen.  Allen is on 4.57 and Barker on 4.44.  Wonder is Sedgmen's average would fit under Barker, or is it agonisingly just too high?

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Nielsen is lumbered with a 5.14 average ...

Tigers have strengthened-up with Sedgmen in place of nice bloke Allen.  Allen is on 4.57 and Barker on 4.44.  Wonder is Sedgmen's average would fit under Barker, or is it agonisingly just too high?

Shows what I know !!!! Only in speedway would you get sacked for putting two points on your average !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I didn't think you could use a guest for a reserve. Ippo have too. Is it because they are both Champ riders coming in?

Hawkins said: “The riders available to cover for Ben on his average in our league are limited. So, it is mainly just the rising stars on an average below him and then you are looking at the Championship for riders that are not doubling-up, so they come on a converted average and there are very few riders not doubling-up at the moment. It is a big ask to find a reserve capable of doing what Ben could do.”

No idea what Sedgmen's average is, but if he's in place of Allen then it's 4.57 or lower ...

• Like 1

Went to Leicester last night, Sedgeman was probably the pick of the Birmingham team (granted there wasn’t a lot of competition, but he had his gating gloves on and was mixing it with the Lions at least)

9 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Sedgy ave in CL is 6.51

Converted to 4.34

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Converted to 4.34

so his average allows him to guest for Ben

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Yes you can and for your top 3. Not much choice tho

• Like 1

If Sedgeman has a decent meeting he may be worth re signing. Jake Allen has not got back to where he was pre covid

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Hawkins said: “The riders available to cover for Ben on his average in our league are limited. So, it is mainly just the rising stars on an average below him and then you are looking at the Championship for riders that are not doubling-up, so they come on a converted average and there are very few riders not doubling-up at the moment. It is a big ask to find a reserve capable of doing what Ben could do.”

No idea what Sedgmen's average is, but if he's in place of Allen then it's 4.57 or lower ...

Surely Aaron Summers would have been a better guest for the Witches.... scoring well for Oxford.

6 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

If Sedgeman has a decent meeting he may be worth re signing. Jake Allen has not got back to where he was pre covid

Riding well in championship  , av can only go up