British Speedway Forum
RS50

Sheffield v Ipswich 27 June.

I bet if the Tigers are 2 points down going into heat 15 of the 2nd leg of the Grand Final and its hits 10:15 that the curfew won't be enforced..

• Like 1

What a joke,,,,, also need to off load Batch,,, we ain't ever gonna win the league with him in the team,, as we will prob race Sheffield in semi or final 

Just now, Baldyman said:

What a joke,,,,, also need to off load Batch,,, we ain't ever gonna win the league with him in the team,, as we will prob race Sheffield in semi or final 

I was terrified when he was being linked to us.

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not great advert for British speedway that. Long delays, constant 2 riders on the trot, tapes going up not even close to even and then 2 heats short because of a curfew. Any first time/ casual viewers will long have switched off

The only consolation, with it being on Eurosport, nobody was watching

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I bet if the Tigers are 2 points down going into heat 15 of the 2nd leg of the Grand Final and its hits 10:15 that the curfew won't be enforced..

Or they need a superheat to get an extra 2 points to get into the playoffs..

• Haha 1

Oh dear. Oh dear. How embarassing. Should get a points deduction for that. Riduclous how long they took to fix the air fence!

• Like 1

Look on the bright side at least its over.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Oh dear. Oh dear. How embarassing. Should get a points deduction for that. Riduclous how long they took to fix the air fence!

Would love to hear why it took so long

• Like 1

Jason Doyle is a class act and a joy to watch in the purist sense of a quality rider. Great to have in any team but did not have the support he deserves but still enjoyed each race he was in. Presentation was dire and Sheffield got lucky with the curfew preceded by track delays/repairs to air fence. How anyone at the senior management level think speedway in this form is credible needs to take a long hard look at what you have left joe public with and the sooner you wake up to the fact that speedway in Great Britain is second rate and run it accordingly you will continue to end up with this sort of farce. Ditch the t v coverage and get back to basics before you the management committee finally kill it off.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

We’ll give them a run for their money when/if both sides run their normal 1-7. Allen ain’t getting the points Sedgmen did tonight and Barker fills his boots at reserve instead of Nicol who is proving a disaster as a regular guest. 

• Like 1

Sheffield should be deducted league points and Ipswich should be handed 1 league point for that air fence fiasco.

1 minute ago, bellevueace said:

I was terrified when he was being linked to us.

Me too, and to think some were saying he'd do a job for us, job on us more like, terrible attitude towards the sport, time he went back down under imo.

• Like 1

It’s hard to convince world speedway that Britain’s a force to be reckoned with after this debacle 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

And the heat that should have been declared unsatisfactory start but no one noticed the tapes went up lop sided

Thats one I have a hard time explaining to friends I persuade to try watching a match - why its started with what looks like elastic strung across the track - guess no one has come up with a better, affordable alternative, but to newcomers to the sport it looks really odd.

• Like 2