British Speedway Forum
RS50

Sheffield v Ipswich 27 June.

1 minute ago, Jonny the spud said:

It’s hard to convince world speedway that Britain’s a force to be reckoned with after this debacle 

Very true.

17 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

They spend two minutes at the start gardening and one minute actually racing.

About time referees excluded them for delaying start  They should have to ride up to the tapes and line up  End of!

• Like 6

Even Eurosport couldn't wait to get it off air with no reaction or interviews about the ending to the meeting.

• Like 1

Well you all know how to win at Sheffield now, get in front & puncture a few airbags job done!

In all seriousness the result should either be null & void and rerun or reclassified as a draw.

I watched tonight for a first time in a while and the sad thing is I went into it hoping to see a contest & instead found myself even more pissed off with the sport.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse speedway sure does suprise in the most negative way!

• Like 5

Have to feel sorry for Sheffield promotion though , 250 kids in and that farce with the air fence, won't be many going back , however for newbies it had some good racing and unfortunately some spectacular crashes and a close score

To be fair Eurosport overran the speedway and would have shown the last couple of races IF they had taken place. That must be one of the disorganised televised meetings I have witnessed. Talk about headless chickens. Even when they eventually got going after the air bag debacle, there was poor organisation. All the officials knew there was  a curfew, yet despite this fact there was too much faffing around. Good to see Bachelor was his usual useless self, I never had rated him.

• Like 1

A complete farce, another nail in the coffin.

Cannot  understand why Sheffield do not start earlier knowing they have a curfew. Its not the first time paying customers have been denied 15 heats .

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Cannot  understand why Sheffield do not start earlier knowing they have a curfew. Its not the first time paying customers have been denied 15 heats .

I suspect they could not win either way on that one, start earlier and some travelling fans will complain they can not get to the match in time for heat 1

They don't need to start earlier, they just need people who know how to sort the air fence out in a quickish manner!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We’ll give them a run for their money when/if both sides run their normal 1-7. Allen ain’t getting the points Sedgmen did tonight and Barker fills his boots at reserve instead of Nicol who is proving a disaster as a regular guest. 

Don't wanna give them a run for their money,,, want to beat them,,, we may never have a better chance of winning with Doyle at 1,,,,,,been there done that with Bellego,,,,, 

39 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

We’ll give them a run for their money when/if both sides run their normal 1-7. Allen ain’t getting the points Sedgmen did tonight and Barker fills his boots at reserve instead of Nicol who is proving a disaster as a regular guest. 

That will never happen at Ipswich tho as they will probably pull another fast one and turn up with a guest for Holder, as we should've done for Batchelor tonight. Good to see him laughing and joking in the pits when he is performing like that on track.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

A complete farce, another nail in the coffin.

That coffin is entirely made of nails by now.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed that tonight.. 

So much so, I am actually thinking of getting an inflatable air fence now..

Looks like loads of fun to be had putting it back together, and there was lots of handy tips tonight on how best to do it..

I will need 12 or so neighbours to come around, fold their arms, talk amongst themselves, and watch me repairing it to get the full value of my purchase obviously, but I am sure it will give me hours of fun..

The only disappointment tonight for me was the amount of racing that kept breaking out between the air fence repairs..

Maybe they should give the racing their own programme and leave us air fence followers the chance to watch our programmes without interruption?

Edit..

For those of you on here complaining about those doing the air fence repairs I would ask you just this...

Have you ever air fence repaired for our entertainment?

No?

Thought not...

Maybe you should try it and then see what risks these air fence repairer's take..

British Speedway..:rolleyes:

:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 5