British Speedway Forum
RS50

Sheffield v Ipswich 27 June.

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

Cannot  understand why Sheffield do not start earlier knowing they have a curfew. Its not the first time paying customers have been denied 15 heats .

It was nothing to do with Sheffield's management, everyone was ready at 7.30pm. Riders were on track ready for parade but it could not start until TV introductions had taken place, even showing the starting teams at Wolverhampton. The TV were fully to blame, even with the delays the curfew would not have been reached if it was not on TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn’t see it as I was at Wolves, but those working on the air fence may be a bit inexperienced if they have limited time in the stadium. At Kings Lynn they would be ok as constantly putting up/taking down for bangers etc, how often is it done at Sheffield?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

We’ll give them a run for their money when/if both sides run their normal 1-7. Allen ain’t getting the points Sedgmen did tonight and Barker fills his boots at reserve instead of Nicol who is proving a disaster as a regular guest. 

Imagine the points Allen would of got if sedgmen got double figures,especially against his old club, no luck for Allen in 22,

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Really enjoyed that tonight.. 

So much so, I am actually thinking of getting an inflatable air fence now..

Looks like loads of fun to be had putting it back together, and there was lots of handy tips tonight on how best to do it..

I will need 12 or so neighbours to come around, fold their arms, talk amongst themselves, and watch me repairing it to get the full value of my purchase obviously, but I am sure it will give me hours of fun..

The only disappointment tonight for me was the amount of racing that kept breaking out between the air fence repairs..

Maybe they should give the racing their own programme and leave us air fence followers the chance to watch our programmes without interruption?

Edit..

For those of you on here complaining about those doing the air fence repairs I would ask you just this...

Have you ever air fence repaired for our entertainment?

No?

Thought not...

Maybe you should try it and then see what risks these air fence repairer's take..

British Speedway..:rolleyes:

:D

Well I pay my £6.99 per month for Disco+ and for that I get Eurosport's excellent coverage of British and World Superbikes, SGP (hit and miss I know) and this nonsense.

I think an air fence would make darts more interesting, BTW :blink:

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

Didn’t see it as I was at Wolves, but those working on the air fence may be a bit inexperienced if they have limited time in the stadium. At Kings Lynn they would be ok as constantly putting up/taking down for bangers etc, how often is it done at Sheffield?

I don't think you'll find any air in the fence at Lynn?.. its foam!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Cannot  understand why Sheffield do not start earlier knowing they have a curfew. Its not the first time paying customers have been denied 15 heats .

May be Scunthorpe should start at 3pm then on a Friday, give the Paramedic . Medic and Ambulance chance to turn up, go away, come back :cheers: :party:

Even longer to read the programme - oh what programme :t:

Get out of that glass house it might get hot! :wub:

• Haha 1

Is there houses around the track fot the curfew?Only been a few times but from memory it's surrounded by an industrial park and a main road?

6 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

It was nothing to do with Sheffield's management, everyone was ready at 7.30pm. Riders were on track ready for parade but it could not start until TV introductions had taken place, even showing the starting teams at Wolverhampton. The TV were fully to blame, even with the delays the curfew would not have been reached if it was not on TV.

I do agree that if it was not on TV the meeting would have finished, along with the debacle with the airfence.

But how many fans and promoters complain we do not get enough TV coverage or air time.

Look at the people advising and presenting the sport on its current platform, nothing inspiring or initiative!

Not one of the presenters has an ounce of charisma or any magnetism.

The whole show is presented pathetically and panders to people who think they know and understand speedway, let me tell you, if you do you should be in Government.

A total clear out and rebrand is required, the fate of Newcastle is looming large over SPEEDWAY in Britain, the end is nighe!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I think Ipswich need to signSedgeman quick. Chris Louis should be talking to him now. 

We have signed him before and he had a terrible attitude and constantly gave up when at the back. Unfortunately the promotion sacked him and had to reinstate him as they didn’t know the rules on team building. 
id imagine bridges were burnt on both sides understandably

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

We have signed him before and he had a terrible attitude and constantly gave up when at the back. Unfortunately the promotion sacked him and had to reinstate him as they didn’t know the rules on team building. 
id imagine bridges were burnt on both sides understandably

Money talks. He also was happy to accept a guest booking for us a few weeks back at Belle Vue. Had a stinker mind you, but apologised for his performance on Twitter and thanked the Witches promotion for the opportunity so not sure there’s any ongoing issues there. 

27 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

I do agree that if it was not on TV the meeting would have finished, along with the debacle with the airfence.

But how many fans and promoters complain we do not get enough TV coverage or air time.

Look at the people advising and presenting the sport on its current platform, nothing inspiring or initiative!

Not one of the presenters has an ounce of charisma or any magnetism.

The whole show is presented pathetically and panders to people who think they know and understand speedway, let me tell you, if you do you should be in Government.

A total clear out and rebrand is required, the fate of Newcastle is looming large over SPEEDWAY in Britain, the end is nighe!!!!!!!!!

And yet both Kelvin and Scott thought Sedgmen would be brought into heat 8 for Mountain.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

So the Sheffield track staff taking at least 45 minutes to fit one airbag into place has nothing to do with it? 

Paying customers robbed of two races by the rule that allows the result to be declared.

The declaration also denies Ipswich the chance to score an away point, which might prove important. Karma maybe for the Stupid Heat farce :rofl:

2 hours ago, OGT said:

Well I pay my £6.99 per month for Disco+ and for that I get Eurosport's excellent coverage of British and World Superbikes, SGP (hit and miss I know) and this nonsense.

I think an air fence would make darts more interesting, BTW :blink:

Nothing wrong with the sport that is darts