British Speedway Forum
RS50

Sheffield v Ipswich 27 June.

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

:D:D I've been to Poland a few times m8, notably Gorzow v Zielona Gora 9.8.15 where I sat with Gorzow fans and was shouting for Darcy Ward woooooo :O

And you weren`t converted after the Derby to end all derbies ??- there is very little hope for you i fear :)

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the issues last night, one thing seems to have been completely overlooked

RIDER SAFETY.

ofcourse rider safety is the number 1 thing,but after 20 minutes messing around they finally stat using gaffer tape to repair the top of the fence,that IS NOT WHAT I CALL RIDER SAFETY!

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Exactly. But the facts are not considered by Ipswich fans you can’t educate these carrot crunching numpties in Ipswich. We’ve done the double over them already this season and in the first meeting they were sniping cus jack holder was injured and missed riding at one of his non favourite tracks because of an injury in the GP 2 days before. This was Live on tv which they will have watched cus they are only armchair fans. Then last night blamed the air fence and time wasting for the defeat !!!! They need to grow up accept defeat   Move on 

I think you are the one who needs to be educated if all you can resort to is name calling.

Bit like your manager blaming defeat in the pairs at Ipswich on having the wrong helmet colours on which upset the riders, not his riders choosing the wrong gate positions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Exactly. But the facts are not considered by Ipswich fans you can’t educate these carrot crunching numpties in Ipswich. We’ve done the double over them already this season and in the first meeting they were sniping cus jack holder was injured and missed riding at one of his non favourite tracks because of an injury in the GP 2 days before. This was Live on tv which they will have watched cus they are only armchair fans. Then last night blamed the air fence and time wasting for the defeat !!!! They need to grow up accept defeat   Move on 

You sound about 5 years old tbf and you tell other people to grow up :blink:

It was very embarrassing last night and Sheffield will just have to deal with that!

With the curfew coming up, why wasn't the ref putting the 2 mins on as soon as riders entered the pits? Surely a bit of urgency was required? 

Whilst the sequence of events last night was unfortunate and unprecedented, there never seems to be a meeting or week goes by where something shambolic happens and this is why fans walk away or vent their frustration on here. Nobody seems to learn from each others mistakes and it's getting to the point of no return. And this is the sport overall and not just aimed at Sheffield!! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You sound about 5 years old tbf and you tell other people to grow up :blink:

It was very embarrassing last night and Sheffield will just have to deal with that!

With the curfew coming up, why wasn't the ref putting the 2 mins on as soon as riders entered the pits? Surely a bit of urgency was required? 

If you read what our promotor has explained you should understand the problem that occurred last night. Total one off  But if you have your own agenda that’s fine by me. I’d rather believe the truth than the bile that some Ipswich fans have put on the forum. Who weren’t even at the meeting but know what happened and how quickly it should have been fixed   If you believe them then you must be quite gullible 

1 hour ago, Bash said:

I think you are the one who needs to be educated if all you can resort to is name calling.

Bit like your manager blaming defeat in the pairs at Ipswich on having the wrong helmet colours on which upset the riders, not his riders choosing the wrong gate positions.

Don’t need educating mate. I knew last night after the meeting what the problem had been so to read the crap about track staff wasting time made me laugh. 

Suggest people go to  the Sheffield tigers site and read  Damien Bates explanation of the events of last night

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Suggest people go to  the Sheffield tigers site and read  Damien Bates explanation of the events of last night

And stop all twit for tat comments.come on we are all speedway supporters 

Edited by r8gdp

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

What a load of boll0cks you’ve just spouted. 

Why what’s not true. ? You believe what you want in your own fantasy world 

19 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Whilst the sequence of events last night was unfortunate and unprecedented, there never seems to be a meeting or week goes by where something shambolic happens and this is why fans walk away or vent their frustration on here. Nobody seems to learn from each others mistakes and it's getting to the point of no return. And this is the sport overall and not just aimed at Sheffield!! 

To be honest, there is quite a bit of humour (even if it is gallows), to be had in observing the rich, wide and varied ways those who run the sport find to shoot themselves in the foot and help destroy their own sport from within...

A truly unique way of running a sport and business.....:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

And you weren`t converted after the Derby to end all derbies ??- there is very little hope for you i fear :)

No not at all, not my team, not the team I have supported from 10 years old, mean nowt to me!

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

We can accept defeat, however there was a real chance of getting an away point. It's odds on Doyle would have won heat 14 & 15. Given the up & down nights the other heat 15 contenders had had its perfectly possible Ipswich could have got a 5-1 in heat 15.

Someone said on here Sheffield only have access to the stadium for 6 hours on a Wednesday to prep the track on last night's evidence they would need a whole day just to put the fence up.

As I said I thought Ipswich deserved a point. Doyle would have won 14 and 15 and I think Riss could possibly a point in 15. If you read what our promotor has put it wasn’t just one airbag to pump up. I was told last night it was the impact and damage done to the gate airbag that caused all the problems!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be honest, there is quite a bit of humour (even if it is gallows), to be had in observing the rich, wide and varied ways those who run the sport find to shoot themselves in the foot and help destroy their own sport from within...

A truly unique way of running a sport and business.....:D

It's truly amazing & the sad thing is a few now seem to be blaming Eurosport for causing damage to the product.