British Speedway Forum
RS50

Sheffield v Ipswich 27 June.

4 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Do injury replacements count?

Injury has to be "long term"

A few weeks for a scaphoid is far from long term 

As ever though the regulation is wooly enough to be open to interpretation so it could depend on whose asking 

Mind you further changes unlikely to be required anyway

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Blimey Jake must wonder what is going on, he has only been riding for Sheffield a short while, misses a meeting and already out of a job. Sedgeman riding well but is he better than Jake Allen? Jake shouldn't be out for long so could of just used guests until his return. 

Allen's average goes down as of 1 July, and Sedgmen's increases (converted from his new Championship Green Sheet). Very good move to sort it now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Allen's average goes down as of 1 July, and Sedgmen's increases (converted from his new Championship Green Sheet). Very good move to sort it now.

Sounds like a good move unless Sedgeman goes off form later in the season which history tells us is highly likely. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The whole point is that you have spares available, including the piping. I can understand if more piping was damaged than they had spares for, but it appears they didn't have any. Just because it's never happened before, doesn't mean it won't happen. In a professional and/or business environment, you have to be prepared for as many eventualities as possible. Testing of the air fences should have dictated that spare tubing be available - it certainly should be now.

As usual, it's apologies from the authorities, thanks for being patient, and to be frank, not a thought that their customers were robbed of what they paid to see. The usual British speedway story ...

What else could they say?

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Sounds like a good move unless Sedgeman goes off form later in the season which history tells us is highly likely. 

History tells us that Allen doesn't get any better ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs

44 minutes ago, Trees said:

What else could they say?

It's the "as usual" but that's key here - paying customers are expected to accept whatever is dished-up.

How about something like: "Sorry we weren't prepared for what happened, and that the match had to be abandoned - you can have £3 off your next visit to Sheffield."

Edited by Roger Jacobs

9 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It's the "as usual" but that's key here - paying customers are expected to accept whatever is dished-up.

How about something like: "Sorry we weren't prepared for what happened, and that the match had to be abandoned - you can have £3 off your next visit to Sheffield."

I don't suppose for one minute they can afford that?

30 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

How about starting at the advertised time of 7.30 (not the actual time of 7.50). An extra twenty minutes could have seen the meeting fully concluded.

18 minutes ago, Trees said:

I don't suppose for one minute they can afford that?

Can they afford not to?  Every track relies on cash flow from a die-hard group of fans, yet they expect those fans to accept everything, with no goodwill offers. Why not do something that actually might get noticed and appreciated?  No, it's the same old, same old.

I'm thinking about going to Foxhall on 14 July - for various reasons it will be my first visit this season, but I'm still not convinced I'll get value for my £20 - so might save it for something else ...

31 minutes ago, RS50 said:

How about starting at the advertised time of 7.30 (not the actual time of 7.50). An extra twenty minutes could have seen the meeting fully concluded.

TV coverage put paid to that. All the riders were ready to go at 7:30, with bikes on track. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Can they afford not to?  Every track relies on cash flow from a die-hard group of fans, yet they expect those fans to accept everything, with no goodwill offers. Why not do something that actually might get noticed and appreciated?  No, it's the same old, same old.

I'm thinking about going to Foxhall on 14 July - for various reasons it will be my first visit this season, but I'm still not convinced I'll get value for my £20 - so might save it for something else ...

Every promoter could offer fans lots of special experiences on a race night, not sure they all do though?

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

I suspect the standard speedway line of 'if you don't like don't come' will be used.

On 6/28/2022 at 3:04 PM, 4thbender said:

Something painfully clear this season is that the Tigers' heat leader trio of Holder, Musielak and Ellis never score points in their first races, but come back fighting after about heat 5 or 6. It makes me wonder whether the track needs a few races to sort itself out.

Having been twice this season Musielak is  a very slow starter he has twice run a 0 out of gate 4 in his first ride!

On 6/28/2022 at 4:01 PM, Charlieboy said:

Exactly. But the facts are not considered by Ipswich fans you can’t educate these carrot crunching numpties in Ipswich. We’ve done the double over them already this season and in the first meeting they were sniping cus jack holder was injured and missed riding at one of his non favourite tracks because of an injury in the GP 2 days before. This was Live on tv which they will have watched cus they are only armchair fans. Then last night blamed the air fence and time wasting for the defeat !!!! They need to grow up accept defeat   Move on 

Interesting comments perhaps wind yer neck in a bit there fella :unsure:  - I suspect had the boot been on t'other foot then it would be a different story - as someone once said if ever you want a thorough and frank examinantion of your shortcomings then a Yorkshireman is your fellow for the job - trouble is they don't like it being said back to them!!

That said - the explanations were helpful from the promotion - perhaps a statement that included something like  'We will learn from this and try to ensure this doesn't happen again'  would be in order. As someone who goes to both Owlerton and Foxhall (I have a foot in both camps here) and I can fully understand why the delays would seem a frustration to Witches.

To end on a positive there were one or two cracking races - Doyle worth the admission alone!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

Why mate what’s the problem with my comments. Sport is about winning and losing and some people can’t accept defeat without sniping. I’m happy when we win unhappy when we lose but just accept it. No team in any sport wins every meeting. That’s a fact. But some just spout off when not knowing the facts.