British Speedway Forum
RS50

Sheffield v Ipswich 27 June.

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Interesting update

He may not be everyone's cup of tea but you can't argue with facts

Mark Robinson  - Fanpower News - has had it confirmed via Sheffield Council that they are not aware of any curfew/restriction......

Didn’t realise anybody took that chap seriously!?!

If you actually read what he says, they haven’t confirmed that there isn’t a curfew at all. He’s just twisted that whichever poor person he had harassed hadn’t  provided him with proof it exits… but in all honesty why would they? Sure that they have better things to do than deal with conspiracy theories!

It’s not the first time a meeting has had to be abandoned at Owlerton or at other tracks around the country due to a curfew. The last time I remember in Sheffield was against Redcar in 2018 (I think) when Ben Barker had a bad crash.

if you read the other comments on Fanpowers’ Facebook page you’ll see various local people confirming that the curfew not only applies to speedway, but also football and the Tramlines gig.

if you follow this link - point 12 confirms 10pm as a curfew for all outside events in Sheffield Monday to Saturday.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/business/city-centre-spaces-policy?fbclid=IwAR0eDj82Eex3pN3d65rmZE43YTvG7ggTVh-dIvPyPJcqtDv25EsL9dOo6OQ&fs=e&s=cl

You can’t argue with facts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cue Ball said:

The last time I remember in Sheffield was against Redcar in 2018 (I think) when Ben Barker had a bad crash.

Last meeting of 2017 Cue,another time was against Plymouth in 2014,the night Taylor Poole had his British career ending crash.

As long as I can remember, 10pm was the cut off.Very occasionally it has been exceeded but only by a few minutes,so to be still going at almost 10.15pm was unusual.

9 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

If you actually read what he says, they haven’t confirmed that there isn’t a curfew at all. He’s just twisted that whichever poor person he had harassed hadn’t  provided him with proof it exits… but in all honesty why would they? Sure that they have better things to do than deal with conspiracy theories!

It’s not the first time a meeting has had to be abandoned at Owlerton or at other tracks around the country due to a curfew. The last time I remember in Sheffield was against Redcar in 2018 (I think) when Ben Barker had a bad crash.

if you read the other comments on Fanpowers’ Facebook page you’ll see various local people confirming that the curfew not only applies to speedway, but also football and the Tramlines gig.

if you follow this link - point 12 confirms 10pm as a curfew for all outside events in Sheffield Monday to Saturday.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/business/city-centre-spaces-policy?fbclid=IwAR0eDj82Eex3pN3d65rmZE43YTvG7ggTVh-dIvPyPJcqtDv25EsL9dOo6OQ&fs=e&s=cl

Then why do you provide a totally irrelevant link about Sheffield council's policy for licensing of events staged Iin the public realm?

MR is indeed best ignored, but it is quite possible he is right in this case. In general curfew conditions are attached to planning consents, and long running stadiums have been use since long before such conditions were common place.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

Seems this link is a bit of a red herring relating to one off events that make take place in public areas of the city.....

More smoke and mirrors to deflect/defend :P

Woof woof  - last race 22.29.......:rolleyes:

Tuesday 26th July could be a day to keep an eye on

Semi Final 1 of Womens Euro Championships 

Kick off 8pm at Bramhall Lane - let's hope they don't need extra time......

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Woof woof  - last race 22.29.......:rolleyes:

Are you saying some dog racing went on after 10pm:unsure:

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Tuesday 26th July could be a day to keep an eye on

Semi Final 1 of Womens Euro Championships 

Kick off 8pm at Bramhall Lane - let's hope they don't need extra time......

I hope they do:lol:

• Like 1

Just had a gander on their site. A late one for Friday :blink:

First Race: 19:34 | Last Race: 22:29

• Like 1

Dogs don't go round the track on bikes. Speedway riders do, that is why there is a curfew

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DAVEK said:

Dogs don't go round the track on bikes. Speedway riders do, that is why there is a curfew

Often the main noise complaints are about loudspeakers. And often noise on leaving the stadium may be an issue. On both of these whether it is dogs or bikes is not the issue.

In fact I know of one track where there is a curfew on the loudspeakers, BUT NOT the racing.

• Like 1

I believe the curfew at Sheffield was brought in, after stock cars once ran until around 11pm, and local residents complained.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

Often the main noise complaints are about loudspeakers. And often noise on leaving the stadium may be an issue. On both of these whether it is dogs or bikes is not the issue.

In fact I know of one track where there is a curfew on the loudspeakers, BUT NOT the racing.

Ipswich can race til 10.15 but they can’t use the loudspeakers after 10 pm. 
have witnessed this once before and it was very eerie with no results or times being announced. 
however bizarre the rules are you cannot afford to break them.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Ipswich can race til 10.15 but they can’t use the loudspeakers after 10 pm. 
have witnessed this once before and it was very eerie with no results or times being announced. 
however bizarre the rules are you cannot afford to break them.  

That is exactly the one I was thinking of. Witches v Reading in 2007?

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 2:05 PM, Bald Bloke said:

Just had a gander on their site. A late one for Friday :blink:

First Race: 19:34 | Last Race: 22:29

3 hours! Who was the Ref Tony Steele?