British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Berwick Bandits 29/6/22

11 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

And......?

No good having only 2 riders who can and a reserve on his debut scores the same points as 3 more experienced riders is there?

Impressed with Knudsen. His debut at Poole was a lot more in control than Basso's debut!! All i'm saying! So potentially could be better than him in the future?

We definitely rode our luck against Berwick there. Thought it was going to be a 45 all draw before H13 started. What was Lawson not happy about in H11? He seemed to have a go at the ref after the race as he rode past the main grandstand? 

Based on this meeting Glasgow are going to have a field day at Poole on the 13th July!! :o:blink:

Edited by lisa-colette

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes poor performance really against half a team, hopefully we can improve by the time the play offs come round.

Not even half a team by my count only 3

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Impressed with Knudsen. His debut at Poole was a lot more in control than Basso's debut!! All i'm saying! So potentially could be better than him in the future?

We definitely rode our luck against Berwick there. Thought it was going to be a 45 all draw before H13 started. What was Lawson not happy about in H11? He seemed to have a go at the ref after the race as he rode past the main grandstand? 

On this meeting Glasgow are going to have a field day at Poole on the 13th July!! :o:blink:

Think the starter got in the way when leaving the tapes

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Think the starter got in the way when leaving the tapes

He had a good point 

• Like 1

Not the best of meetings. Since the track has got smooth, we have lost our home advantage and teams come here no with little fear. Very little if my passing tonight which makes it a gating fest. The track seems to have lost the inside passing line.

Chris Harris a class above and was led for 2 seconds all night when Lawson charged under him in heat 15 but he dealt with that and pulled away. Special mention to Flint who continued to show his liking for Poole, carrying on from last season when he scored paid 13. Also the young Dane looks impressive and definitely one for the future. The rest looked poor, especially Wells who was given an undeserved second opportunity in heat 14 when tailed right off.

The ref made a howler allowing heat 11 to start when the start martial virtually knocked Kemp off his bike. Green light and go when Kemp wasn’t ready. Red light and restart would have been the fair outcome.

• Like 4

The last few meetings seem to highlight we are a 6 man team,try as he may Nathan is not scoring any points and I wonder how long the Ford's will let this situation continue.If they choose to make a change will one of the other 6 be sacrificed or am I talking nonsense ?

2 minutes ago, Essex said:

The last few meetings seem to highlight we are a 6 man team,try as he may Nathan is not scoring any points and I wonder how long the Ford's will let this situation continue.If they choose to make a change will one of the other 6 be sacrificed or am I talking nonsense ?

If you want a stronger reserve, then yes you would have to change someone in the top 5 as well. 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If you want a stronger reserve, then yes you would have to change someone in the top 5 as well. 

No you can’t combine the averages of two riders, say one 6 and the other two, and bring in two 4 pointers. You change like for like or redeclare the whole team back to the starting team building average. That isn’t going to happen. Unless there’s a rider out there on an average below Ablitt who could come in and do better, what’s the point? Can’t think of one. Nathan is trying but too big a jump at this stage of his career.

Like Leon's interview something about "get their fingers out"" 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Based on this meeting Glasgow are going to have a field day at Poole on the 13th July!! :o:blink:

That was Kemp that came back to have a go at start Marshall 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No you can’t combine the averages of two riders, say one 6 and the other two, and bring in two 4 pointers. You change like for like or redeclare the whole team back to the starting team building average. That isn’t going to happen. Unless there’s a rider out there on an average below Ablitt who could come in and do better, what’s the point? Can’t think of one. Nathan is trying but too big a jump at this stage of his career.

Yeah, I kinda know there is going to be zero changes. I don't even want there to be if I am going tbh!!

But this question does get asked on a daily basis either on here, twitter or the Poole FB group page thingy. It has even been known to crop up on the Glasgow tigers FB status as well! 

We all knew we were going to be more top heavy than last season, so really what were people expecting. Time to get on with it and ride back into the form we had near the start of the season! 

58 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

And......?

4 Berwick riders didn’t take a point of them

Don’t know why so many people knock Kemp, he can be a bit inconsistent but he still young and learning.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t know why so many people knock Kemp, he can be a bit inconsistent but he still young and learning.

I agree we should be more than happy with Kemp and unless we drop one of the other 5 we can't change the team, can't see we would want to drop anyone as they are all riding ok, not amazing but ok. If later in the season our averages have gone down enough to squeeze a better rider in then that could be a possible but can't see it happening anytime soon.