British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Berwick Bandits 29/6/22

5 minutes ago, Wardey said:

Can someone refresh me on the 2  bad decisions that both Team managers referred to on the stream last night please.  I thought Flint's was fair as there was no contact....but i will admit i am not a connoisseur of the rulebook.  Thanks

Think a lot felt Leon had nowhere to go and I have seen all 4 back for a lot less! 

A Poole fan asked the ref about H13 and 'apparently' he said that he felt Leon could have shut the throttle off, let the others pass and then cutback up the inside ( this is despite the one line being on the outside!!)

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Think a lot felt Leon had nowhere to go and I have seen all 4 back for a lot less! 

A Poole fan asked the ref about H13 and 'apparently' he said that he felt Leon could have shut the throttle off, let the others pass and then cutback up the inside ( this is despite the one line being on the outside!!)

So was the ref an ex rider who knows about throttle control? Also, wasn't Lawson's view of his incident with MPT saying "the throttle works both ways".

Funny how I saw, and my opinion, of a few similar incidents from Poole riders the other week at our place!

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

simon kennett was the referee very poor decisions by him

Never seen the incidents but what you have to remember is the ref only sees it once before he makes a decision,plenty have got it wrong in fans opinion but it’s his view of the incident that matters.

Tv or video replays don’t count in GB.

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Never seen the incidents but what you have to remember is the ref only sees it once before he makes a decision,plenty have got it wrong in fans opinion but it’s his view of the incident that matters.

Tv or video replays don’t count in GB.

why dont replays count,ive seen countless times at Arena essex where the camera crew and monitor sit right next to the ref,side by side.

10 minutes ago, speedwaysliders said:

why dont replays count,ive seen countless times at Arena essex where the camera crew and monitor sit right next to the ref,side by side.

Mainly because it is not readily available at all meetings therefore cannot be used.(trial by television).Certainly in UK I think that is the case.They use it in Poland by all their meetings are professionally filmed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Danny Ford has stated more than once that Nathan is a long-term project so I don't see him leaving any time soon.

Its the heat leaders that have 'gone off the boil' a little - maybe down to the track but that doesn't explain the poor gating!  Bomber proved you can gate and win from every gate even though it made the meeting very processional!!!

Incidentally the July team average is 43.06 - a mere 1.06 above the 42 point team building average I believe. It'll be interesting to see what it is by the cut-off date for the play-offs?!  Do Summer Trophy meetings count towards GSA and team averages?

I was thinking similar myself it has already dropped 1.5 points from the last set of averages. 

There is no such thing as a long term project in Speedway,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I think both should have been all 4 back and would have been with another referee. Usually any first bend incident is all 4 back. 

25 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think both should have been all 4 back and would have been with another referee. Usually any first bend incident is all 4 back. 

Both? As were 3 first bend incidents. Ablitt, Wells and Flint. 

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I was thinking similar myself it has already dropped 1.5 points from the last set of averages. 

There is no such thing as a long term project in Speedway,

There is when you move away from the top league! 

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

So was the ref an ex rider who knows about throttle control? Also, wasn't Lawson's view of his incident with MPT saying "the throttle works both ways".

Funny how I saw, and my opinion, of a few similar incidents from Poole riders the other week at our place!

No idea, just what I was told this morning on twitter! It was discussed on one of Leon Flint's tweets I think. So easy to find;)

dont think gary ablitt is being considered a long term project at all, matt ford is to good at team building not to have worked out that garys best hope was apoint in ht2 plus any gifts!but the team would be good enough to carry him this yr,unlikely to return me thinks

edit. oops god knows where that came from

Edited by poole keith
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

dont think gary ablitt is being considered a long term project at all, matt ford is to good at team building not to have worked out that garys best hope was apoint in ht2 plus any gifts!but the team would be good enough to carry him this yr,unlikely to return me thinks

Gary Ablitts career finished a long time ago at Everton,I'm afraid. 

Edited by lewy
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

Nathan, PK Nathan!!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

Definitely not long term in your eyes if you got his name wrong! 

• Haha 2