British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Berwick Bandits 29/6/22

5 hours ago, ray c said:

simon kennett was the referee very poor decisions by him

Was consistent and didn't really think any of his decisions were poor

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I think both should have been all 4 back and would have been with another referee. Usually any first bend incident is all 4 back. 

All incidents were in fact on bend 2.

There is no such rule as first bend bunching

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Both? As were 3 first bend incidents. Ablitt, Wells and Flint. 

True, Sugarray thinks they all happened on the second bend. 

Edited by foreverblue

56 minutes ago, sugarray said:

All incidents were in fact on bend 2.

There is no such rule as first bend bunching

Well they usually call it that, the incidents occurred between bend one and two 

Thought the ref got all the calls right last night. Watched the meeting back and hav’t changed my mind. Yes quite harsh but exactly the same as Poland.

The only howler he made was allowing heat 11 to start when the start Marshall clearly bulked Kemp. Red light should have come on and riders to reset at tapes. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

True, Sugarray thinks they all happened on the second bend. 

I think they all started happening on first bend but maybe landed going in to second bend! But would have to watch it again to be sure. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well they usually call it that, the incidents occurred between bend one and two 

It's 'unsatisfactory start' I believe which they use for first bend incidents. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Danyon is a good rider who is improving all the time and someone we should of kept in my opinion. Maybe he wanted the move as his child lives in Glasgow or close by apparently also a shame Basso didn't stay. Building a team with 3 top riders and a reserve that doesn't score any points is always going to be a problem

Not sure the point you're making, if you sign 3 top riders you're bound to need a 2.00 rider at the bottom. Conversely if you have a non-scoring 2.00 rider in your team, you need a strong top end to cover him!

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure the point you're making, if you sign 3 top riders you're bound to need a 2.00 rider at the bottom. Conversely if you have a non-scoring 2.00 rider in your team, you need a strong top end to cover him!

Yes i know, so don't build a team with three top riders, it is better to build a team with two top riders and a stronger reserve.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2022 at 8:49 PM, Bandits4eva said:

Gutting that heat 13 decision!

On 6/29/2022 at 9:14 PM, Bandits4eva said:

Losing by 8 with a very big under performing middle order! Gutted!! :sad:

The most gutting incident of the night was the start marshal trying to get his gut between Drew Kemp and Chris Harris in heat 11!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes i know, so don't build a team with three top riders, it is better to build a team with two top riders and a stronger reserve.

Not when you consider Poole are doing better than Edinburgh, who have a strong top 2 & used 8 points for their reserves positions compared to the 5.5 points Poole used up. Oxford worse off with similar team planning, Nicholls & Batchelor looked a strong top 2 (before going downhill) & they also used up 8 points for the reserve positions!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not when you consider Poole are doing better than Edinburgh, who have a strong top 2 & used 8 points for their reserves positions compared to the 5.5 points Poole used up. Oxford worse off with similar team planning, Nicholls & Batchelor looked a strong top 2 (before going downhill) & they also used up 8 points for the reserve positions!

Three top riders usually ride in14 of a teams 30 races, 15 if one a Tac Sub...

And on at least two occasions, together, three potentially if one on a Tac Sub ride..

A potential 10-2 off two heats can be a game changer, as can 15-3 if running a Tac Sub ride..

Reserves ride in less races combined and in some of those one of the top three will be alongside them..

Makes sense to me to get a strong trio leading the team...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

The problem is that if one or more of the top 3 has a slightly below par meeting then it falls apart because you don't have back up. I believe that the whole reason is that Basso left for Glasgow, if he had stayed would have been able to have a stronger reserve. Kemp should have been the lowest average reserve in my opinion. Glasgow and Leicester have built strength in depth and they look better than we do at the moment. 

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Three top riders usually ride in14 of a teams 30 races, 15 if one a Tac Sub...

And on at least two occasions, together, three potentially if one on a Tac Sub ride..

A potential 10-2 off two heats can be a game changer, as can 15-3 if running a Tac Sub ride..

Reserves ride in less races combined and in some of those one of the top three will be alongside them..

Makes sense to me to get a strong trio leading the team...

Given the current race format optimum line-up is a strong top 2, four solid middle order riders and a reserve on a minimum average (hopefully one capable of improving).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

The problem is that if one or more of the top 3 has a slightly below par meeting then it falls apart because you don't have back up. I believe that the whole reason is that Basso left for Glasgow, if he had stayed would have been able to have a stronger reserve. Kemp should have been the lowest average reserve in my opinion. Glasgow and Leicester have built strength in depth and they look better than we do at the moment. 

No point in having Basso if he misses loads of Wednesday meetings.