British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Berwick Bandits 29/6/22

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure the point you're making, if you sign 3 top riders you're bound to need a 2.00 rider at the bottom. Conversely if you have a non-scoring 2.00 rider in your team, you need a strong top end to cover him!

15 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes i know, so don't build a team with three top riders, it is better to build a team with two top riders and a stronger reserve.

I understand Poole's way of thinking going with a strong top 3(worked last year) with riders to improve but if you are keeping faith with a non scoring reserve for long term gain/experience then put him at 6 & have your scoring reserve at 7.

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I understand Poole's way of thinking going with a strong top 3(worked last year) with riders to improve but if you are keeping faith with a non scoring reserve for long term gain/experience then put him at 6 & have your scoring reserve at 7.

Where Poole got lucky last year is that danyon took a massive leap forward (remember wouldn't have been there if RS hadn't been required). Once basso was signed they really had 7 riders capable of scoring points. This season the top 3 have mostly done their job (king maybe slightly disappointing) and the cook's have done ok at second string. But with Kemp inconsistent and ablitt scoring very little not the same dominance or fear factor. IMO anyway 

Drew showing signs of being consistent now. Him and Ben have swapped positions in the team for July.

I thought maybe they would put Zach at 4 and Drew at 2. But no apparently Zach staying at 2 and Drew at 4. Something about Drew happy to ride against anyone? And I don't think they want to split up the Ben and Drew partnership in H14! 

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Drew showing signs of being consistent now. Him and Ben have swapped positions in the team for July.

I thought maybe they would put Zach at 4 and Drew at 2. But no apparently Zach staying at 2 and Drew at 4. Something about Drew happy to ride against anyone? And I don't think they want to split up the Ben and Drew partnership in H14! 

at number 6 you ride against anyone as it is, hard number to be at

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Where have you seen/heard that?  With Steve Worrall going to 1 and presumably Danny to 3(?), I thought they may wish to keep the Danny/Zach pairing together.

Incidentally Drew's July average is higher than both Zach's and Ben's - despite Ben actually increasing his average ever so slightly!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Where have you seen/heard that?  With Steve Worrall going to 1 and presumably Danny to 3(?), I thought they may wish to keep the Danny/Zach pairing together.

Incidentally Drew's July average is higher than both Zach's and Ben's - despite Ben actually increasing his average ever so slightly!

A Poole fan on twitter said Middlo was hinting at it in the press conference after the last meeting..? 

• Like 1

Yeah it was mentioned at the press conference. Zach said he's happy to stay at 2. I guess Zach was paired with Steve before Danny moved to No 1

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

No point in having Basso if he misses loads of Wednesday meetings.

No that is true. Just a shame we couldn't hang on to him. 

Kemps a lad with very brittle confidence.

Remember when he started at Sheffield like a house on fire but then regressed quicky once he went to no2 

He then sat out the rest of the CL season and turned down offers as he wanted to ride at reserve.

No 2 and No 4 are tough slots and it'll be interesting to see ho he fares.

Having said that either Cook can and will fill their boots at reserve at home and some away tracks.

Ablitt is obviously suffering a confidence issue and not getting enough NDL meetings at the moment to keep his pecker up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

A Poole fan on twitter said Middlo was hinting at it in the press conference after the last meeting..? 

I think  Zach is the better rider of the Cooks but Ben should fill his boots at reserve and Drew will be fine at second string, I think Drew and Ben ride well together. I am not sure it matters whether Ben rides at 6 or 7.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Kemps a lad with very brittle confidence.

Remember when he started at Sheffield like a house on fire but then regressed quicky once he went to no2 

He then sat out the rest of the CL season and turned down offers as he wanted to ride at reserve.

No 2 and No 4 are tough slots and it'll be interesting to see ho he fares.

Having said that either Cook can and will fill their boots at reserve at home and some away tracks.

Ablitt is obviously suffering a confidence issue and not getting enough NDL meetings at the moment to keep his pecker up. 

Don’t think Ablitt is good enough, doubt it's a confidence issue although coming last every race won't be doing him much good. 

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No that is true. Just a shame we couldn't hang on to him. 

Not sure my heart can take his crazy on track antics! 

Next Piratecast live on YT is with ref Christina Turnball on Thurs 7th July. Should be interesting! Wonder if she would have done all 4 back in the unsatisfactory starts last Weds! 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure my heart can take his crazy on track antics! 

Next Piratecast live on YT is with ref Christina Turnball on Thurs 7th July. Should be interesting! Wonder if she would have done all 4 back in the unsatisfactory starts last Weds! 

She'd probably have declared Bowtell the winner of heat 14..lol

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

She'd probably have declared Bowtell the winner of heat 14..lol

Haha, yeah probably! If I remember, I'll ask the question! ;)

Unless someone else beats me to it in the chat section, that is! lol

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha, yeah probably! If I remember, I'll ask the question! ;)

Unless someone else beats me to it in the chat section, that is! lol

It might be interesting to know if refs are allowed to check any reputable TV or Streaming evidence in certain scenarios

• Like 1