Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
a4poster

SpeedwayGB website?

On 7/9/2022 at 11:59 AM, uk_martin said:

Can you provide a link to that please?

If you want speedway results on a heat by heat basis pretty much as they happen for UK matches look on https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/

Easier than trawling through facebook / twitter as all in one place & you can view as a guest if you don't want to set up a log in.

They try to cover all UK fixtures plus SGP, SGP2 and SEC

48 minutes ago, chunky said:

Aye, that's where I used to get my results!

I also used to tune in to Radio Luxembourg for the results.  BBC2 used to give speedway results on Saturdays at around 10.00 p.m., during June, July and early August in 1966 on ‘The Sports Scene’.   This was a 35-minute programme, with David Vine reporting and commenting on the day's outstanding stories.  The programme replaced Match of the Day when the football season ended, but sadly only survived until the start of the next football season.

At that time BBC1 occasionally showed speedway, for example during Grandstand on Saturday 20th August 1966 there were highlights at 1.55 p.m. of the previous night's Welsh Championship at Newport, ‘featuring such international riders as Barry Briggs, Nigel Boocock, Gote Nordin, and Olle Nygren.’ This was actually a second half event following the Newport match against Wimbledon.  There were three heats, two semi-finals and a final, which Nordin won from Jon Erskine and Boocock.  Briggs had machine trouble in the final.  Ivan Mauger also took part but failed to reach the semi-finals.

29 minutes ago, Fina said:

If you want speedway results on a heat by heat basis pretty much as they happen for UK matches look on https://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/

Easier than trawling through facebook / twitter as all in one place & you can view as a guest if you don't want to set up a log in.

They try to cover all UK fixtures plus SGP, SGP2 and SEC

I'd also recommend http://www.gbspeedway.com/2022/yearindex.php?mc1=x&mc2=x&mc3=x&mc4=x

• Like 3

On 7/10/2022 at 2:42 PM, arnieg said:

Thanks for that! Must admit, I'd never seen that one before. What I will say is that - and I know there will be those who disagree - but I LOVE the layout and appearance of the site. For me, staistical websites have no need to be fancy or confusing, and this is so easy to navigate.

Seems that Speedway Star's symbiotic relationship with the BSPZzz has been highlighted again, as shown by the withdrawal of the Isle of White (seen as the antichrist by the BSPZzz) fixtures from their publication.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Seems that Speedway Star's symbiotic relationship with the BSPZzz has been highlighted again, as shown by the withdrawal of the Isle of White (seen as the antichrist by the BSPZzz) fixtures from their publication.

It's normally in the Amateur section

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 7:55 PM, a4poster said:

Hi, does anyone else get this page when they try to log on to the official SGB website? If they do, what is it and why?

AAD9462F-AE03-4B64-867A-B045096FA7E6.jpeg

Not sure where they get the "up to 5 seconds from". If the same 5 seconds was used at the starting tapes, be a few burnt out clutches.:D

Since this new Webb/ app started I’ve stopped using it.The updates site is much easier to navigate and gives all heat details.

• Like 1