British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v LEICESTER (KO Cup semi-final) 8.15pm, Saturday July 23rd (part of double-header)

Second meeting of the year between two of the top NDL sides, with a place in the final against Mildenhall the prize.

Second half will be another six-heat NJL mini-match, this time being Berwick Academy v Tees-side Tigers.

Twenty-one races for a tenner!

GHT Bullets:  1 Kyle Bickley (capt), 2 Mason Watson, 3 Ace Pijper, 4 Greg Blair, 5 Luke Crang, 6 Kieran Douglas, 7 Ben Rathbone

Lion Cubs: 1 Dan Thompson, 2 Mickie Simpson, 3 Connor Coles, 4 Tom Spencer, 5 Joe Thompson (capt), 6 Vinnie Foord, 7 Max Perry.

All Adults/Concessions/OAP £10,  Accompanied juniors (12-15) £3, Accompanied children (under 12) £1.   Car parking free.

To encourage purchase of tickets online, the promotion are offering FREE ENTRY to all under-16s accompanying an adult who has bought their ticket online.

Online tickets are the club's recommended way to enjoy speedway at Shielfield Park.      It's quick and easy, you get your money straight back in the event of a cancellation and the administration is much less of a burden on an already hard-working and committed volunteer staff.     

Book at www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets

Cash turnstiles will be open as usual, but any children entering at that point will require to be paid for.

NJL teams:

Academy:  1 Callum Foy, 2 Owen Booth, 3 Stene Pijper, 4 Liam Morris

Tigers:  1 Edward Davison, 2 Laylen Richardson, 3 Dan McTear, 4 Logan Ferry

Edited by crescent girl
Date change

Updates looking for a texter for this meeting.

Regretfully, this meeting is OFF.

Heavy rain, and a dismal forecast -- new date to be announced.

• Sad 1

According to this the forecast isn't to bad for today, currently cloudy but dry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819

We have had a number of very heavy showers and periods of rain throughout the last week so I am not entirely surprised by this call off, good at least the club took the decision early enough to stop everyone from travelling.

2 hours ago, screm said:

According to this the forecast isn't to bad for today, currently cloudy but dry.

We have had a number of very heavy showers and periods of rain throughout the last week so I am not entirely surprised by this call off, good at least the club took the decision early enough to stop everyone from travelling.

Yeah, that two minute drive :D

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

Yeah, that two minute drive :D

Given some of the performances over the years it feels much much more sometimes.

6 hours ago, screm said:

Currently bright and sunny :(

Edited by Shadders

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

Currently bright and sunny :(

in the garden topping my tan up :D:D

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

27th Aug is the next available Saturday date for the re-staging

They could try and sneak it in as part of a DH on 23rd July. 

Edited by Shadders

Trouble being, as I see it, with both being Saturday tracks (and Leicester using the Thompsons in both their teams) Berwick have to find a Saturday the Lions/Cubs aren't racing, or go "off night" as their seniority for Saturdays is wiped out by the postponement.

Fortunately, being a KO Cup semi-final, it could be held over a while and the Final arranged (with Fen Tigers' blessing) later on in the year.

I would be surprised if Berwick chose to ride this meeting as part of double header. If they face a deficit after todays first leg they would possibly need all fifteen to make them back, Berwick have proven they can run thirty heats in a night but there is no guarantees. 

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Could run on their alternative race day.!

Which is ? i have forgot to be honest

10 minutes ago, Normski said:

Which is ? i have forgot to be honest

Could be a Wednesday,sure someone in “ the know” will tell us.Most tracks have one.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1